Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empire - Info and updates Thread - Current V 1.6c

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Empire - Info and updates Thread - Current V 1.6c Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire - Info and updates Thread - Current V 1.6c - 7/14/2021 2:20:45 PM   
Cavalry Corp

帝国(Empire)

What is this mod about?

Password for download Empire 1941

https://gingerdragonltd-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/michael_gingerdragon_com/Ei2CnBTPn89BrmMBDLHRA0wB2dKVM2Vl_LhtrBHNPojd8A?e=BHCtQC

Low tech slow start – High tech brutal finish. Fun for both sides!
Scn 42 and 43 – one with three allied CV at PH at start for a deeper challenge. PBEM only, 2 day turns recommended but not if you really don’t want it.
What about the nitty gritty of what was done to make tactical play challenging? Just a few words ( historical and rules stuff in the PDF with scn)

AIR
Firstly, this is designed for realistic research and development. No more fantasy aircraft 3 years early you have to follow the design paths - and its more fun and heaps more challenging. There are many new aircraft mostly older and slightly hypothetical variants of existing aircraft that could have been developed. Then there are the what ifs…
Better arrival patterns for allied aircraft
Both sides start with large amounts of obsolete aircraft, some of which are depicted in the game for the first time. Part of the skill is to find uses for these aircraft before better models arrive.
Realistic deployment (optional rule) for carrier aircraft
There is a full chain of painfully slow development for a Japanese four engine bomber, allied late war bombers are now very powerful.
Aircraft loadouts for all types, many aircraft tweaks – using newer data bases
Jet development for both sides late war.
There is an interesting development for sea based floatplanes for both sides – which start v low tech. These include a few prototype aircraft available in advance of production with expected problems.
V limited GM (Kreigsmarine) air
Thailand and France all represented as minors
Improved China air force
Late war tech for both sides

SEA
The focus of the early part of the game is more about surface ships including during the period of construction 1942. Surface units more important now but many are pretty old.
1942 construction of carriers is quite constricted. Accelerates thereafter, huge choice of ship possibilities for Japan
British navy more powerful, improved allied minors too.
Both sides will see the arrival of powerful carriers late war.
Both sides deploy more BB largely obsolete types at the start, other stuff too.
Both sides see availability of very powerful ships late war
More difference in quality between old and new
Improved AAA and new weapons on Japanese ships late war, other late war tech for both sides
Thai and FF ships
GM Kreigsmarine and power full U boat deployment mid to late war. German and Italian leaders added

LAND
Many bases downgraded “ low tech” at start on both sides, supply and fuel changes for both sides.
Improved defences in the PI, DEI and China, China army better at start.
Russia weaker at start
More Japanese land forces and of more diverse nature (security units and POW units plus others) but more garrison requirements – really slows China situation
Sooner arriving allied forces
Partisans in China ( and if you follow the optional limit on attacks in difficult terrain these will be difficult to remove).

https://gingerdragonltd-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/michael_gingerdragon_com/Ei2CnBTPn89BrmMBDLHRA0wB2dKVM2Vl_LhtrBHNPojd8A?e=BHCtQC

Ladies and Gentlemen.

December 15th 2021

V 1.6c
1. Removed duplicate base at Ternate and replaced with a propoer version
2. Amended RAAF Spitfire MK II range stats to be in line with RAF version

1. V 1.6b
2. removed small Oscar 1c R+D factory - overlooked from earlier correction

1. V 1.6a
2. Corrected IJN Aircraft "Grace" - Loadouts (for non naval attacks). Improved speed of final version as uses late war
Engine.
( works on ongoing games fine)

1. V 1.6
2. Removed duplicate bases in DEI. – REQUIRES RE START
3. Removed the 5 starting (Prototype) planes from pool from E15K2 Norm, reduced other prototypes slightly.
4. Adjusted a very slightly a couple of build rates for early allied and Japanese bombers and pools
5. Adjusted slightly some Japanese plane stats for more cohesion and TR plane loads and SR.
6. Reviewed some older Japanese BB ranges/ fuel in light of new thoughts on modernisation.
7. Slightly put back Japanese CVL arriving 42 by c 1 month, Scn 42 and 2/3 months Scn 43.
8. Slightly reduced Japanese Garrison requirements in China and added a few more security units.
9. Slight reduced exp on starting air Groups CV Shokaku, Zuikaku and CVL Ryujo
10. Slightly reduced PP for both sides.
11. Amended the optional one attack rule, per day turn to all Forest and all combination Mountain and Combination Rough
hexes (optional).

V1.5

Important fixes
Refugees accidentally designated as Engineers - Fixed ( work around HR leave in Strategic mode)
Removed R+D from 2 tiny aircraft factories - Fixed

Play Balance
Delayed arrival date slightly of the two Dutch BC in Scn 42, now arrive Mombasa, for play balance
Delayed arrival date slightly of two USN CV in Scn 42, for play balance

Small Fixes
All coastal and River barges on both sides now designated as AKL
Added a small troop capacity to some more Japanese AKL
Small changes to Japanese transport aircraft stats
One minor arrival date change for a Japanese RCN aircraft
Slightly reduced Chinese aircraft starting pools and production
Corrected German spelling mistakes

v1.4 - correction to Engine issues. Other small fixes and re balances.

Empire - A hypothetical campaign Mod for WITP AE. Extended map. separate installation recommended.

Scenario - numbers 42 and 43 v 1.4.
Scn 42 is less allied surprise, 43 is total allied surprise.

Designed for Realistic R+D only.

Slower start technology, higher end technology.

More options of where to take the war, what to build, what to save toward victory and what to sacrifice to avoid defeat.

A very special thanks to Evoken for all his editing and bugs help and to Jaco v D and Andreas W for all their long term playtesting with me.

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 1/31/2022 3:59:55 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/15/2021 2:36:04 PM   
Evoken

Congratz on release!

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/15/2021 4:26:51 PM   
mind_messing

Is there a readme or changelog that you'd be able to share?

Post #: 3
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/15/2021 5:16:43 PM   
Nomad

If you download everything, there is an extensive readme included.

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 4
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/16/2021 4:44:00 PM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evoken

Congratz on release!

Many thanks we got there - with your help!!!

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 5
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/16/2021 11:55:14 PM   
John 3rd

As always, GOOD LUCK!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

Post #: 6
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/17/2021 10:50:36 PM   
AtParmentier

Nice, going to be a bit annoying I think, but there's a typo on the He-177. In the scen it's called Grief, it should be Greif.

For the roman numeral IX, you used 1X. fUMo, should be FuMO.
The upgrade path that exists for the G5N to G8N is a bit dangerous, ok house rules could fix this, but still a warning.
A bit weird having the same plane switch from Japanese name to English name.
The Nakajima PZ Ha-54 might need to be checked (it doesn't show up in engine list).
Arado AR should be Arado Ar.

Overall pretty seems pretty good

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 7
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/19/2021 12:32:27 PM   
Cavalry Corp

OK thanks for the comments - very much appreciated, its ok to be annoying ...
Typos and so on - well done there is bound to be more.
Upgrade path for G5N to G8N should be ok as remember its realistic R+D you have to wait a long time. 4/43 - 4/44. By mid 44 the allies have plenty of good fighters. If you elected to play without realistic R+D Japan may get to rule the world.
Engine - have checked its all there device 1941 - also checked in scn , its all there and you can R+D Engines, I just tried it again - working ok.
Used some English and some Japanese names as felt right.

(in reply to AtParmentier)
Post #: 8
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/19/2021 1:03:48 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Have corrected Typos... the 1X I assume is only an issue for the U Boats now corrected to IX.

If you think there is a problem with the Engine please let me know again - a while back this was challenged and bought up but on trying to fix I could see nothing wrong? I did go in the game again just now its 10/44 availability on the industry screen, tried switching a factory over and its all fine.

If you want the revised versions they will be 42 1.3 and 43 1.3. Corrected for accuracy but do not change the actual game. Can send them if you PM me. I am really hoping after all this time there will not need to be a patch of anything important.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/19/2021 4:37:27 PM   
AtParmentier

Thanks for the info.

I fear there might be an update needed, the North Carolina classes numbers 358 to 360 don't have an upgrade path as far as I can see.
Essex 'short hull' upgrades to Essex 'long hull', if this upgrade is allowed, a long time should be required for the rebuild of the bow and flight deck.
The BC Constellation path seems broken (6/43 is last version, later classes upgrade to 6/43).
The Deutschland main guns should have a range closer to 39-40k yards. Don't know about strictly Japanese upgrades.
A bit weird having floating dockyards increase in tonnage, but having the same repair capacity.

Will look further into it, sorry I annoy you.

Post #: 10
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/19/2021 5:09:56 PM   
AtParmentier

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cavalry Corp

OK thanks for the comments - very much appreciated, its ok to be annoying ...
Typos and so on - well done there is bound to be more.
Upgrade path for G5N to G8N should be ok as remember its realistic R+D you have to wait a long time. 4/43 - 4/44. By mid 44 the allies have plenty of good fighters. If you elected to play without realistic R+D Japan may get to rule the world.
Engine - have checked its all there device 1941 - also checked in scn , its all there and you can R+D Engines, I just tried it again - working ok.
Used some English and some Japanese names as felt right.

What do you mean with realistic RD?
Ah I see you have taken RD completely out of the game with that setup.

< Message edited by AtParmentier -- 7/19/2021 5:16:04 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/19/2021 6:29:14 PM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

ORIGINAL: AtParmentier

Thanks for the info.

I fear there might be an update needed, the North Carolina classes numbers 358 to 360 added back can see.
Essex 'short hull' upgrades to Essex 'long hull', if this upgrade is allowed, a long time should be required for the rebuild of the bow and flight deck.
The BC Constellation path seems broken (6/43 is last version, later classes upgrade to 6/43).
The Deutschland main guns should have a range closer to 39-40k yards. Don't know about strictly Japanese upgrades.
A bit weird having floating dockyards increase in tonnage, but having the same repair capacity.

Will look further into it, sorry I annoy you.

I appreciate your help

OK will update with 1.3... see if you can spot anything else.

North Carolina - Fixed - Last upgrades added back in. Just checked my PBEM and its ok.
Essex - Fixed
Constellation - Fixed
Deutchland - Fixed...I had used values from other mods but it does seem short put it to 39.
F Docks - which ones?

Thanks for checking over it.

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 7/19/2021 6:44:37 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/19/2021 8:48:00 PM   
AtParmentier

The Japanese ones, they increase in size without increasing capability, the allied docks can repair more than they displace.

Post #: 13
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/20/2021 10:51:55 AM   
Cavalry Corp

OK

Japanese - FIXED, now go 3000, 9000, and 22000 - Did not want Japan to have much of this stuff, its mainly for the smaller ships.
They are fixed size there are no upgrades.

Allied - Did not change anything from stock and figures are also the same or similar to scn2. So left as is. I agree the figures look a bit odd.

Just checked.

Post #: 14
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/20/2021 4:47:30 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Anyone - anything else fixing of you would like considered to be fixed or amended?

Post #: 15
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/21/2021 2:31:11 PM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

The Japanese ones, they increase in size without increasing capability, the allied docks can repair more than they displace.

Do you think there will be anything else?

Maybe if you like what you see you may be looking for a game. I have a couple of games of other stuff finishing soon. I was hoping for an opponent who may do an AAR if possible. happy with either side.

Post #: 16
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/22/2021 1:14:48 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Final call on anything requested to be changed,errors,omissions,3 wishes and typos... V 1.3 will be changed over tomorrow PM UK time.

Post #: 17
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/22/2021 2:41:21 PM   
AtParmentier

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cavalry Corp

quote:

Do you think there will be anything else?

Maybe if you like what you see you may be looking for a game. I have a couple of games of other stuff finishing soon. I was hoping for an opponent who may do an AAR if possible. happy with either side.

Unfortunately I don't have much time, would love to do it, but don't think I have the time to invest in it.

Post #: 18
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/22/2021 3:51:28 PM   
Cavalry Corp

if you have a had a good look dare I ask if you think it is interesting??
and thanks for taking the time.

Post #: 19
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 7/23/2021 3:03:07 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Ok Ladies and Gents

With some help corrected a few small things and typos.

Now V 1.3 In header at top and here

https://gingerdragonltd-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/michael_gingerdragon_com/Ei2CnBTPn89BrmMBDLHRA0wBHonHUanjnhCaEbsjbgR56g?e=s8s3fr

I hope to be looking for a game soon just finishing a couple of others.

Post #: 20
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 8/4/2021 3:31:54 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Have many of you downloaded the mod and at least had a tour round?
I am playing V 1.1 PBEM still - which is still quite similar and we are in late June 42 with the allies chipping at over extended Japanese lines after very aggressive expansion. Its quite a hoot. I will get my opponent to post, he says japan is stretched - we are both very stretched!

Big naval stuff - Japs have lost 2 BB (Mutsu and Nagato LBA TT from Perth),1 CV (Dutch sub!= Kaga) and one CVL (also Sub) Allies lost 4 old BB, 1 CV (Enterprise PH at start) and CV training carrier. Lexington was only out for 30 days and Saratoga will be back soon. Allies have lost a lot of transport ships which is a worry.

Apart from the usual - Japs in N and far W OZ but being pushed back from last week in June but hold Perth (due to some big mistakes from me as allies). Also Japs landed in N NZ. Also deep penetrations in C Pacific. Allies just started raiding distant supply chain, just trashed 3 convoys. Doing OK and holding in Burma, pushing back Japs in W Oz. Hold PM.

I expect the new version to build on this without changing the fun, more chrome, older aircraft at start , more building choices but a little slower pace.

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 8/4/2021 3:36:04 PM >

Post #: 21
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 8/12/2021 6:02:10 PM   
Cavalry Corp

I found a couple of minor issues - will not affect anything too much but if you want a 1.4 I will send it to you. One or two other minor changes

Fixed Error
Removed two duplicate starting air groups in Tokyo Dec 41. If you have started = House rule work around- cannot swap out or leave Japan until historical aircraft arrival date?

Minor fine balancers...
Slightly reduced Chinese Cav repl rate.
Reduced a tiny bit more the average starting Exp of Z/S and R Japan CVL/CV air groups - just to make a bit more historical difference from the v.elites on the 4 main CV.
Fixed a couple of minor OOB NZ issues
Fixed a sooner arrival date for Singapore Civilians arrival when using extreme rein +/- 60 days
Tweaked a couple of aircraft arrival dates by 1 month

Do not propose to make a new upload but will send on request.

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 8/13/2021 8:05:21 AM >

Post #: 22
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 8/14/2021 10:11:57 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Guys

sorry about this but I am going to have it to issue a new patch. It appears ( I suspect ) that some of the device slots but I use for engines are not valid. I'm close to resolving this and will issue a new version 1.4 imminently. I'm hoping that if any of you have started the game that these changes will be implemented by the game becausr this only affects very late arriving stuff.

Post #: 23
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 8/15/2021 11:24:10 AM   
Cavalry Corp

1.4 has now fixed the Engine issue and will be out tomorrow by 5pm

Post #: 24
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 8/17/2021 8:38:45 AM   
Cavalry Corp

V1.4 Now up - sorry had to be done I did not know its hard coded the game only allows a certain number of Engines. A few other minor fixes and enhancements.
Thanks to those who contacted me about starting games and esp the team game about to start.

PW = Empire 1941

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 8/17/2021 9:09:45 AM >

Post #: 25
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 8/25/2021 4:48:34 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Optional house rule suggestion

A couple of potential players have asked me about this so I thought I would put a post up.

It is suggested that the very limited number of German and not so limited number of Thai air units may only transfer in replacement level pilots. They may not transfer out any pilots. This is to stop these units from being used as training units for the Japanese Air Force. Again it's just optional do as you wish but it's a good suggestion. And I will amend the readme file to reflect it.

https://gingerdragonltd-my.sharepoint.com/personal/michael_gingerdragon_com/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fmichael%5Fgingerdragon%5Fcom%2FDocuments%2FMichael%20Public

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 8/25/2021 4:57:39 PM >

Post #: 26
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 9/24/2021 5:07:16 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Ladies and Gentlemen. A lot of playtesting and PBEM requires a small patch

V1.5

Important fixes
Refugees accidentally designated as Engineers - Fixed ( work around HR leave in Strategic mode)
Removed R+D from 2 tiny aircraft factories - Fixed

Play Balance
Delayed arrival date slightly of the two Dutch BC in Scn 42, now arrive Mombasa, for play balance
Delayed arrival date slightly of two USN CV in Scn 42, for play balance

Small Fixes
All coastal and River barges on both sides now designated as AKL
Added a small troop capacity to some more Japanese AKL
Small changes to Japanese transport aircraft stats
One minor arrival date change for a Japanese RCN aircraft
Slightly reduced Chinese aircraft starting pools and production

Post #: 27
RE: Empire - Get it here! - 9/29/2021 7:40:57 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Ship classes and notes in Empire...
We will start the top of the tree.

CV and Naval Aircraft (this is a game for realistic R+D)
Both sides suffer from a retarded availability of good aircraft for the carriers during 1942. After that it starts to accelerate. The allies get the much better carrier-capable aircraft in the long term, but 42 belongs the Zero as top predator of CV fighter aircraft.
Japan suffers from the lack of a good aircraft capable scout plane, that is without diluting their bombers. Japan relies on the long-range Jake. As this war opens, this aircraft has not long entered service and is in short supply. The first reconnaissance version of the potentially excellent Judy is available from the start( engine needs accelerating) but its service rating is terrible at 4. This represents the lack of spare parts for these prototype aircraft, as well as the engine problems they generally had. The allies also suffered from the lack of a good ranged floatplane early in the war. You will see these aircraft develop on both sides as the war goes on. Generally speaking, Japan always has the edge for float recon units as well as specialised ships to put them on.

A lot of Japanese aircraft carriers arrived with only carrier-capable aircraft units not carrier trained. All Japanese carriers start with slightly less AA than stock but get more significant AA upgrades esp. in 44.
Staring aviators on Akagi, Kaga, Soryu and Hiryu are the most elite, un replaceable... Zuikaku and Shokaku had recently been commissioned and their pilots are a step down. Others arriving are generally another step down again.

ALLIED CV
You have a number of extra CV at the start of the game or soon after the start. Some of them are a bit obsolete so you need to be careful with them. The Ranger for instance has no TT ammo until a late war update. Historically the ship operated in the Atlantic against U boats and was considered unsuitable for the Pacific. The President Hoover Is in the game as a kind of training carrier. It could also be used for ASW escorting convoys and so on. Like all slow ships it is easily targeted by torpedoes.

The British have a number of quite good carriers at the start or soon after and they can be a thorn in the side of Japan, if used carefully. They have generally obsolete aircraft (Roc, Skua and Swordfish), Hurricanes appear in early 42. In Scn 42 two USN CV are slightly delayed until May 42 for play balance.

Remember that aircraft are designated as to the kind of carrier they may operate from (House Rule - you can ignore if you like!) after their title like (cvl) . Generally speaking the late war decisive aircraft can only operate from CV/CVB. This means generally as the war progresses CVE and CVL become slightly less useful as front line prospects. In this game of course, you receive the Midway class carriers later in the war- heralding the first Jets . Britain also has one built for them by the Americans. These are the most powerful ships in the game.

JAPAN CV
Japan has the option to build quite a lot of additional aircraft carriers CVL/CV 43 onwards subject to expanding facilities. The improved Shokaku are pretty good but also there is the T class that are heavily armoured and a little bit better than the original game but maybe arrive a little too late. We also have the late war option to build CVB, the shipyards will need expanding.

There is a period during 1942 when there is nothing available other than to build the Junyo class plus the other CVL. Superficially these look quite good... but because they are slow and because they also had short flight decks I downgraded them to CVL from an aircraft operation viewpoint. This means after 1943 they will be very limited as to what they can do. If Japan can get by without them until mid 1943 then it's good. But if we have some unexpected losses during 42 you may have to build them. Who knows. That is all fun...part of the game design to give the players choices that they can make some of which may not be in their favour later.

Japan has the option to build quite a lot of small CVE for convoy escort etc. These are not as good as the allied equivalence but they can be useful. Again they are restricted as to the kind of aircraft they can operate realistically.

Next discussion will be BB/CB/BC

Post #: 28
RE: Empire - Get it here! 24th Sept 21 - New V1.5 - 10/7/2021 4:40:49 AM   
seanmac456

0/10 Named a ship after Beatty literally unplayable

Either I will be Decorated or Court Martialed. Fire!

Post #: 29
RE: Empire - Get it here! 24th Sept 21 - New V1.5 - 10/7/2021 4:47:42 AM   
seanmac456

Also 21 knot ships getting 15 knot cruise speed is something I am not a fan of

Either I will be Decorated or Court Martialed. Fire!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Empire - Info and updates Thread - Current V 1.6c Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI