Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TCP/IP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> TCP/IP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TCP/IP - 9/9/2003 9:00:12 PM   
ABP

[QUOTE=Bart Koehler]

TCP/IP will likely be done, though again, not for the initial release. Demand for this seems to have been low for this type of game, so this will likely be added in a patch when demand, well, demands it.
Bart[/QUOTE]

????? I am puzzled how you have concluded that there is low demand for TCP/IP play. In all the information so far it has been implied that TCP/IP would definitely be in the game. The question mark has been if PBEM would be there as well. At least that is the way I have understood it. There is no reason to advocate for a feature you believe is in the game, or so I thought.
I - for one - want to object to the idea of eliminating TCP/IP play.

(in reply to Bart Koehler)
Post #: 1
- 9/10/2003 8:22:08 AM   
Le Tondu

[QUOTE=Bart Koehler]..............There is no Fog of War in the Initial Release. Where this falls into the schedule, I can't say for sure. Is this something that you would like to see, give me a 1-10 scale, 10 being the highest.

Right now, I like everything about the game. I know that is not a detailed answer, but it fits. We are working hard on getting this one completed, that is the only thing I don't like at this point, that it is not done...but in a good way. I would like to put it into your hands.

My thanx for your questions, I hope this shed some light.

Bart[/QUOTE]

Bart,

I am impressed! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

You missed a tiny aspect of my first question and that was about the map. Can it be modded too? (My fingers are crossed.)

As for your question good sir, the answer is a [B] [I]BIG[/I][/B] number 10. Actually, I am inclined to give it a 1,000.

I cannot imagine a modern day computer wargame without Fog of War. I mean look at the Invasion of Russia in 1812. One of the biggest problems for Napoleon was that he didn't know exactly where the Russians were when he was chasing them.

I respect the roots from which this game has come. The original creators deserve a lot of credit. No bones there, but wasn't it developed a long time ago? Wasn't it during the sixties or something? Yet, how could they put FOW into a board game back then. No blame there too. IMO, the time has come for it to be in the computer version of EiA.

I sure hope TCP/IP play eventually makes it too.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Bart Koehler)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> TCP/IP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI