Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Malta interdiction and Axis counters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Malta interdiction and Axis counters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Malta interdiction and Axis counters - 8/30/2021 4:36:45 PM   
Helsingor

Hi,

Returning to this game after a long break from it, and I have two newbieish questions about Malta.

1. When does an Allied-occupied Malta begin to have a chance to reduce supply levels for Axis ports in North Africa?
As soon as the Italians enter the war? When the DAK deploys? Or some other date?

2. Apart from capturing Malta with Amphib or Paratroopers, can the Axis player do anything to reduce or eliminate the effect, like reduce the supply level of Valetta or the ports? IRL, I think heavy Axis bombing in mid-1942 drastically diminished Malta's air interdiction capacity for a while (and helped Rommel get the supplies to reach El Alamein). Is there something similar in the game mechanics?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Malta interdiction and Axis counters - 8/30/2021 8:59:13 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I think the NA supply is only reduced if Malta supply 5 or greater. Obviously takes a lot of resources for the Axis to accomplish Malta <5 over a long period of time.

(in reply to Helsingor)
Post #: 2
RE: Malta interdiction and Axis counters - 10/13/2021 1:53:12 PM   
AlexSF

Well if all it takes to cancel Malta is reducing its supply below 5 then a rocket 3hexs away will do the trick !
Anyone knows for sure if Malta is under 5 it will stop reducing Axis supply in Africa?

"My centre is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Maréchal Foch, 1914.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 3
RE: Malta interdiction and Axis counters - 10/13/2021 3:10:31 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Patch Notes

"SUPPLY SCRIPT events such as the Malta Supply Reduction event for Axis resources in North
Africa, will require #SOURCE_POSITION units to have a strength >= 5 or the event will not fire.
Suppression as opposed to outright capture of locations such as Malta will now be possible in
order to negate the supply reduction effects."

(in reply to AlexSF)
Post #: 4
RE: Malta interdiction and Axis counters - 10/13/2021 3:20:16 PM   
Taxman66

FYI, you will need to knock the ports down as well as the town itself.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Malta interdiction and Axis counters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI