Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Run5 forums gone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> Run5 forums gone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Run5 forums gone? - 10/17/2021 7:32:18 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Is the iconic Run5 forums gone for good? That was the place to talk about these SSG games and find PBEM players.
Does anyone check in here? Maybe we can liven up this forum and the others like Battles in Normandy and Kharkov and Korsun Pocket.

These classic games must live on. They are the best I ever played for PBEM.

Post #: 1
RE: Run5 forums gone? - 10/17/2021 10:17:37 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Is the iconic Run5 forums gone for good? That was the place to talk about these SSG games and find PBEM players.
Does anyone check in here? Maybe we can liven up this forum and the others like Battles in Normandy and Kharkov and Korsun Pocket.

These classic games must live on. They are the best I ever played for PBEM.

I thought the forum disappeared last year. Though I think the SSG web site is still there. And I agree, SSG games were among my favorites of all time. It was really a loss when one of the founding co-owners died several years ago.

Rick

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 2
RE: Run5 forums gone? - 10/18/2021 6:54:49 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Yes I heard the sad news about one legendary member lost.

I wonder if there are still people playing SSG games. They have some good games with Italy, Normandy, Korsun, and Kharkov games all good for PBEM I think. I just bought Korsun Pocket last year so I only played that game single player.

< Message edited by GiveWarAchance -- 10/18/2021 10:09:33 AM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 3
RE: Run5 forums gone? - 10/18/2021 2:42:03 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Yes I heard the sad news about one legendary member lost.

I wonder if there are still people playing SSG games. They have some good games with Italy, Normandy, Korsun, and Kharkov games all good for PBEM I think. I just bought Korsun Pocket last year so I only played that game single player.

My first SSG game was Battlefront, sometime in the mid 80's I think. I think it was my 2nd computer wargame I ever bought. I bought quite a few others they put out in the 80s covering both WWII and American Civil War. These were all on a Commodore 54. I subscribed to Run5 and used to key in the games they would include in the magazine.

Good memories.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 4
RE: Run5 forums gone? - 10/19/2021 3:33:49 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Did you know SSG also made fantasy games - the famous Warlords games? I still play Warlords Dark Lords Rising game sometimes. The AI is quite strong. I was able to buy it on Gog and it works good. I want to get Warlords Reign of Heroes if possible. There is also the famous Warlords Battlecry 3 game.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> Run5 forums gone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI