Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Northern Supply Route

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Northern Supply Route Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Northern Supply Route - 10/17/2021 2:16:41 PM   
jubjub

I think there's opportunity to expand the detail of the Lend Lease north route through Murmansk.

Currently, the route delivers supplies through the winter when the port is locked by ice in reality. Additionally, as far as I know, cutting the Murmansk railway does not cease the flow of the Lend Lease north supplies.

I think both of these items should be changed. I also think it would be interesting if you could model Naval interdiction of the supply route from German subs and airforce out of Norway.
Post #: 1
RE: Northern Supply Route - 10/17/2021 2:25:12 PM   
panzer51

To be honest you should be able to cut off the southern route too. The problem all supplies flow unhindered into the total pull no matter where they come from.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 2
RE: Northern Supply Route - 10/18/2021 1:34:06 PM   
GibsonPete

Absolutely agree.

(in reply to panzer51)
Post #: 3
RE: Northern Supply Route - 10/18/2021 2:54:44 PM   
Dreamslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

I think there's opportunity to expand the detail of the Lend Lease north route through Murmansk.

Currently, the route delivers supplies through the winter when the port is locked by ice in reality. Additionally, as far as I know, cutting the Murmansk railway does not cease the flow of the Lend Lease north supplies.

I think both of these items should be changed. I also think it would be interesting if you could model Naval interdiction of the supply route from German subs and airforce out of Norway.

There is not only Murmansk on the north but also Arkhangelsk. So cutting Kirovskaya railroad (Murmansk-Leningrad) somewhere (as it was did by Finns) do not stop supply because there is Severnaya railroad (Arkhangelsk - Yaroslavl).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_convoys_of_World_War_II#List_of_Arctic_convoys
Sorry for Wiki link.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 4
RE: Northern Supply Route - 10/18/2021 6:31:24 PM   
Kursk1943

I mentioned the whole problem some time ago, when I cut the railroad towards Archangelsk and got the Caucasus (cutting the LL via Iran) and nothing changed for the Soviets.
I was told that it has not been considered, because in such a situation the game has been won anyways and also will not be considered in future, because in such a case the Lend and Lease deliveries would have been compensated by intensifying LL via Vladivostok. So no need to change anything.
Ergo: the historic attempt to get Murmansk was a strategic folly anyways...

(in reply to Dreamslayer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Northern Supply Route Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI