Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues - 10/21/2021 4:36:47 AM   
SgtShultz2

Thanks to Nomanda Firefox for making this. I have a partner and we both play allies as a team. We started the Longest Day campaign. We are still on the same starting map, after killing lots of Germans whose strength never seems to go down after a number of battles. Similar to the older post "Game locks up after multiplayer battle ends - grand campaign" we had a game where the enemy force supposedly was destroyed, but at the post battle briefing we also got the funny line the enemy pushed us back which contradicted the rest of the briefing. Then for the next battle they still hold the same few squares of territory in a corner of the first map. We will play that next and see if we can really take the map. Or did the Germans hold the map even though their force was destroyed?

The really funny part that is happening now with battles is that I as host get a message displayed that the battle stopped. The Germans morale broke. I can't do anything. Meanwhile the battle continues on with my partner. He's moving units, firing at the Germans and they are firing back. My units are frozen and greyed out, not involved in the continuing battle. He continues to fight the Germans for a few minutes until he finally gets the battle over message. Then we can move on to the next battle.

The good news is we have not had connection drop out issues, the bane of the Close Combat series from day one.
We hardly ever see anybody else in the game lobby.
Post #: 1
RE: Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues - 10/22/2021 11:15:56 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

After read you, I can imagine how you played with the morale low ends the battle and truly, I do not recomend to use this option with any Close Combat game because many battles can finish very fast and you can not advance in a campaign too much. I prefer a short timing.

(in reply to SgtShultz2)
Post #: 2
RE: Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues - 10/22/2021 6:03:48 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: SgtShultz2
The really funny part that is happening now with battles is that I as host get a message displayed that the battle stopped. The Germans morale broke. I can't do anything. Meanwhile the battle continues on with my partner. He's moving units, firing at the Germans and they are firing back. My units are frozen and greyed out, not involved in the continuing battle. He continues to fight the Germans for a few minutes until he finally gets the battle over message. Then we can move on to the next battle.

I assume you are hosting and your partner is joining? If so, there's a fix for this (and a few other multi-player issues) in the deployment pipeline. I hope that it will be released soon.

(in reply to SgtShultz2)
Post #: 3
RE: Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues - 10/26/2021 2:11:00 AM   
SgtShultz2

Nomanda - we played with every setting at normal. 30 minutes games. The battles did not finish fast. But eventually the Germans broke every time. They just did not lose any territory after they supposedly were destroyed.

Steve McClaire - yes, I was hosting and my partner joined. The game continued on for a few minutes after my units were frozen in place.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 4
RE: Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues - 10/26/2021 10:53:01 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Avoid play with low cohesion.

I would like to know because people write Nomanda instead of Nomada......

(in reply to SgtShultz2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Bloody First "Veteran" mod issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI