Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Korsun German AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun German AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Korsun German AI - 9/8/2003 11:34:48 PM   
Brindle

I played my first campaign game as the USSR with a +1 computer opponent. I'm wondering if I have a strange game or if the German AI is acting too "rational" for its own good. It's turn 21 and I have Korsun airfield and the major VP city (forgot name) just south of the airfield. I "cut off" a tiny group of no more than 15 axis units in the "pocket", mostly garrison forces still in the east-side fortifications. The odd thing is the total lack of resistance the axis put up. They pulled almost all their forces south where they are attacking and making a spirited defense. The problem is, I now have a huge decisive victory point total and it's climbing since I own the main VP towns in the north. Sure, the axis army is in great shape, not trapped etc... it's acting rationally as if saving units was hitler's desire. I guess, I'm just having a hard time making a "pocket" since the axis are so strong south, it was just much easier to cut the USSR army directly to the airfield and those VP's. It would seem that the German AI needs to be tweeked to defend the north more and 'allow' a more easier southern strategy for the USSR to simulate the incirclement?
Post #: 1
You're just too good! - 9/10/2003 7:20:55 PM   
Matthew Urch

Brindle

The AI is only a good opponent for a short while. Once you learn its style it becomes easy to beat. The real fun in this game is against a human opponent of equal (or a little bit better) skill. If the AI is no match for you anaymore then start looking for some PBEM opponents (here, or the Blitz or a the WAR website)!

Matthew

(in reply to Brindle)
Post #: 2
- 9/21/2003 11:11:40 PM   
Arbiter

Thought I should correct myself, it was the 1st assault. I played the scenario a second time and the AI abandoned one city (the northern one, which was Boguslav) at the end of the game but otherwise held its ground quite well. It had pulled back from Medvin as well, but I had it outnumbered and almost encircled there anyway.

In two games at Computer+, I still was unable to get past Tichonovka. The Computer AI builds up a huge defense at Lisyanka, there are Stugs burrowed like ticks all around eastern Tichovka, and the tough line at my flank at Ribenyi Most that sees massive panzer reinforcements later - has anyone been able to successfully drive for Zvenigorodka? By the time I had armor poised to shoot the gap between Lisyanka and Tichovka, I was only a few turns from the mud rounds and the southern panzer reinforcements, and my armor would have been on an isolated suicide mission if I had pulled the trigger.

Curious if anyone has fared better than I have.

(in reply to Brindle)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun German AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI