Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allied Empire (5 player game)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allied Empire (5 player game) Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/5/2021 7:54:07 AM   
Orm

Picture from Sep/Oct '40 - End of Turn

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1321
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/5/2021 7:55:07 AM   
Orm

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1322
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/5/2021 7:56:47 AM   
Orm

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1323
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/5/2021 7:58:56 AM   
Orm

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1324
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/5/2021 8:01:55 AM   
Orm

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1325
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/12/2021 12:51:54 AM   
toenailthehun

Sep/Oct '40
EoT Instructions - Axis

Prelim Prod;
Germany: set 6 of 7 oil to save which will leave 4 idle Factories building with 26, after lending will leave 17 BP
Italy: no changes
Japan: change save destination of 2 US traded oil from Hiroshima & Yokohama to Tokyo and Niigata

Stay at Sea;
Germany: All CP and 2 x old BB
Italy: All CP's, Italian Cst CA Zara, East Med CA Abruzzi
Japan: All CP's, China Sea all units in 1 box

We will post our RTB after the Allies reveal their units staying at Sea.

< Message edited by toenailthehun -- 10/12/2021 6:21:11 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1326
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/12/2021 8:37:27 AM   
ssiviour

GER Oil at Prelim Prod

Attachment (1)

(in reply to toenailthehun)
Post #: 1327
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/12/2021 12:03:21 PM   
peskpesk

In the Med the Allies will only stay with CP. Rest of RTB can be posted if needed after we get in touch with the commander.

"'Malta - The Thorn in Rommel's Side"

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1328
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 9:05:36 AM   
Orm

Allies end of turn:

Preliminary planning:
CW - 22 production points - 18 BPs.
France - 4 production points - 4 BPs.
USA - 37 production points - 20 BPs.
USSR - 25 production points - 15 BPs.
China - 6 production points - 7 BPs

Stay at sea:
The following units stay at sea.

CW:
All CPs, except 5 on the African route.
1 and 4 box in the Faeroes Gap
1 box in the BOB
1 box in the North Atlantic
1 CA in the 4-box of CSV

France:
CP in Tasman Sea
CP in Coral Sea

USA:
CPs

USSR:
CP

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 1329
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 9:08:09 AM   
Orm

I can not get two oil to be used from Venezuela. One of the oil traded to CW seems stuck on idle. And one to USA is missing entirely. No idea on how to fix this. Seems to me that this oil is lost from use to the Allied.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1330
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 9:12:01 AM   
Orm

I have avoided using saves during the end of turn for a long time now. This because there were save points that caused errors when a EOT save was restored. It is possible that all of this has been fixed. But the recent load error in naval combat save has me concerned. However, in doing the end of turn in proper order it would help to have safe save spots. Anyone know where it is safe to save in the end of turn?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1331
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 9:35:41 AM   
ssiviour

Breakdown has for a long time been a good mid point during EOT to do a save and reload if necessary.

However, it is advisable to at least double check that all convoy and resource routing is still as intended. Most times when reloaded this becomes messed up.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1332
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 10:17:03 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I can not get two oil to be used from Venezuela. One of the oil traded to CW seems stuck on idle. And one to USA is missing entirely. No idea on how to fix this. Seems to me that this oil is lost from use to the Allied.

I would be interested in learning more about CW production Planning here as on the save I received all Venezuelan Oil is in production. CW does have 1 Unused CP in the Caribbean Sea Area and USA does have a fair bit of lending going on.

I have found through multiple versions now, and have flagged it in the Forum in the past, that if you put more USA CP at sea (particularly in the Caribbean) your problem may be resolved. They should not be able to transport lent resources without later US Entry options being selected, but do if at Sea, sometimes to the exclusion of other Allied CP....

MB Redo Allied impulse, put an extra 1 or 2 in Caribbean and see what happens ...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1333
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 7:17:33 PM   
Orm

The Venezuelan oil was missing in the save restored from the preliminary production step. If I recall correctly.

Thank you for telling me that there is no issue with the save from the reorganization step. Hopefully the use of that save will be enough to solve the issue when I do the final end of turn.

Thank you for the 'breakdown' safe save spot. Confirming my belief that save is safe. I only used it as a backup safe if the final production gets an error. I will now use it mo0re frequently. I was hoping that there were even more confirmed safe save spots.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1334
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 8:49:05 PM   
ssiviour

quote:

The Venezuelan oil was missing in the save restored from the preliminary production step. If I recall correctly.

Thank you for telling me that there is no issue with the save from the reorganization step. Hopefully the use of that save will be enough to solve the issue when I do the final end of turn.

Thank you for the 'breakdown' safe save spot. Confirming my belief that save is safe. I only used it as a backup safe if the final production gets an error. I will now use it mo0re frequently. I was hoping that there were even more confirmed safe save spots.

The save I have is from the Preliminary Production step not Reorganization

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1335
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/19/2021 9:53:11 PM   
toenailthehun

Sep/Oct '40 End of Turn
Axis

Return to Base;
Germany: Nav to 69,45 SCS to Kiel
Italy: East Med, Ftr and Nav to 75,40, fleet to La Spezia
Japan: China Sea AMp to Fukuoka

Oil
Germany: should need 4.3 to reorg all use 2 GER + 3 Rumanian oil
Italy: will borrow 1.7 oil from Germany to re-org all, use remaining Rum plus saved oil in Paris please. 1 USSR traded oil should save in Budapest.
Japan: 1.8 oil re-org all use saved oil in Hiroshima and Yokohama please.

No Axis breakdowns

Prod final;
Germany: 17 BP with 9 saved oil
Italy: 5 BP no saved oil
Japan: 13 BP 24 saved oil

No Axis scrap

Production;
Germany: Lend Lease Ftr2 to Italy, ARM, Mech, 2 x Pil, Ftr2
Italy: CP, ATR, Repair CA Gorizia
Japan: Trn 2nd, CVP1, Pil, Mtn, Gar

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1336
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/20/2021 7:20:43 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

quote:

The save I have is from the Preliminary Production step not Reorganization

Thank you again.

Figured out what caused the Venezuelan oil to go missing. It disappeared when France ordered oil from USA to be saved on Martinique. This despite the fact that there was 1 CP available to transport the oil. Solved this by changing the Allied return to base with their CPs. No CW CPs now return to base, and the French CP in the BoB also remains at sea. And the US oil going to France is saved in mainland France instead.

Edit: Also changed the US production to 19 BPs.

< Message edited by Orm -- 10/20/2021 7:24:46 PM >

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1337
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/20/2021 7:24:08 PM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '40 End of Turn
Allies:

Return to Base:

France:
West Med: BB -> Marseilles, CA -> Beirut, CA -> Mogador
Cape Verde Basin: CP -> Libreville, 2 CA -> Pointe Noire
Bay of Bengal: CA -> Libreville
North Atlantic: BB -> Brest
CSV: CA -> Libreville
GoG: CA -> Pointe Noire

CW:
BoB: BB -> Plymouth, CA -> Scapa Flow
North Sea: CA + 2 TRS + HQI + MIL -> Bordeaux, TRS + MOT -> Plymouth, 2 CV -> Gibraltar, 2 BB -> Scapa Flow, CA -> Liverpool
Red Sea: LIN -> Liverpool
CSV: CV + BB + NAV2 -> Gibraltar, BB -> Liverpool, CA -> Gibraltar
West Med: FTR2 + ATR3 -> Malta, TRS -> Aden, 2 BB + CA -> Gibraltar
Caribbean: CA -> Barbados
Mouths of the Amazon: CA -> Barbados
Gulf of Guinea: CA -> Freetown
Cape Verde Basin: 3 CA -> Gibraltar
North Atlantic: CVL + CA -> Liverpool
East Coast: CA -> Plymouth
Faeroes Gap: CA -> Scapa Flow, CA -> Plymouth

USA:
BB -> Honolulu
TRS -> San Diego

USSR:
-

Use Oil:

USSR:
All units are reorganized for 0 oil (0.2).

CW:
All units, except 1 CP, are reorganized for 5 oil (5.45).

France:
All land and air units + 1 BB in Brest are reorganized for 1 oil (1.0).

USA:
All units are reorganized for 0 oil (0.2).

China:
All units are reorganized for 0 oil (0.1).

Breakdown:
x

Prod plan Final:
x

Scrap:
CW scrap AT.

Production:
China (7):
INF
INF Div
CAV

CW (18):
INF
FTR2
LND4
2 Pilot
CA (2nd)
TRS (2nd)
Repair CA

France (4):
2 GARR

USA (19):
MAR Div
MAR
CV fu
BB fu
ATR
Save 1 BP

USSR (15):
3 GARR
MOT
MECH

Conquest:
Germany conquers Cyprus, and Corsica. CW conquers Eritrea.

< Message edited by Orm -- 10/20/2021 7:26:30 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1338
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/20/2021 7:25:38 PM   
Orm

Will Germany install a Vichy government in France?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1339
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 12:17:10 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

Will Germany install a Vichy government in France?

Yes, Germany will install a Vichy Government in France

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1340
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 7:08:23 AM   
Orm

And the Vichy Country Control goes as follows...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1341
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 7:09:35 AM   
Orm

The US acts with irritation over the German creation of Vichy France. Two entry chits drawn. (2 rolled)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1342
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 7:27:33 AM   
Orm

Moved the French units to the closest hex. Mostly no choice. Think the ships going to Morocco had a choice of port. Placed them in Casablanca.

Moved the Italian TERR in Tunisia to Libya. No choice here.

The CW forces in Tunisia went to Malta, Bayonne, and Gibraltar. No choice here.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1343
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 7:29:28 AM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '40 - Vichy Creation

What plane will be selected? And where should it be placed?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1344
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 9:18:05 AM   
ssiviour

Pilot to NAV and place in Marseille please

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1345
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/21/2021 12:05:27 PM   
Orm

How to place these land units?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1346
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/22/2021 9:54:19 AM   
ssiviour

ARM ART & AA to Toulose

6-3 INF GAR & AT to Marseille

5-3 INF to 62, 27

Please

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1347
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/22/2021 11:04:27 AM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '40 - Vichy Creation

Next step is the removal of units in Vichy France. Which units will Germany remove?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1348
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/22/2021 11:13:05 AM   
ssiviour

5-4 INF
37MM AA
3-1 GAR
5-3 INF
3-3 INF
4-1 GAR
47MM AT
FTR2
105MM ART
6-1 GAR
75MM AT

Please

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1349
RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allie... - 10/22/2021 11:32:08 AM   
Orm

Next up is factory destruction. Germany can destroy factories in Paris, and Rouen.

I plan to recreate the end of turn from the breakdown save as soon I think I can continue to the next safe save spot (that I suspect is at the new impulse action). So is there any more information that you need in order to post the remaining Axis instructions?

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: The Australian Axis Rebels versus the Swedish Allied Empire (5 player game) Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI