Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/22/2021 5:01:15 PM   
ChattyAnny

Matrix is now recruiting testers for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm's upcoming beta.

In Southern Storm, the Flashpoint Campaigns series moves to Southern Germany, with new campaigns and multi-national scenarios and new nationalities. On a brand new game engine experience Cold War 1980s with the US, USSR, West-German, British, French, East-German, Czechoslovakian and Canadian forces.

Players will fight battles and campaigns over 40 different maps with a wide array of Cold War equipment from the eight nations. That equipment included aircraft, helicopters, tanks, IFVs, APCs, mobile and fixed SAMs, self-propelled and towed artillery and rocket launchers, command vehicle, recon vehicles, many flavors of infantry, and others.

If you would like to sign up to join the beta, please fill out the form found here found here. Your feedback is extremely valuable, and it will help us greatly.

< Message edited by ChattyAnny -- 10/22/2021 5:02:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/22/2021 9:17:07 PM   
IronManBeta

I'm the lead developer for this and we are super-pumped to finally be in beta. It has been a long time coming and we think you will be amazed at the progress from the Red Storm days. We kept the best of what we had before and made it deeper and slicker in every way we could.

Enjoy, Rob Crandall

(in reply to ChattyAnny)
Post #: 2
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/23/2021 12:16:17 AM   
pzgndr

Lariat Advance. Let's roll.

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 3
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/23/2021 2:01:28 AM   
Af1352pasha

very Interesting.

I Started playing FG again from last week after one year interruption and now I saw the Southern storm beta test announcement! very excitement and Ready for Cold war era again.

Already applied for Beta Division.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/23/2021 8:58:00 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

It's nice that the beta testing period is beginning.
I am very interest and curious.

Have also applied for Beta testing.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to Af1352pasha)
Post #: 5
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/23/2021 8:31:17 PM   
NicolasMichon

Hello,

I tried to register for the beta but it did not work .... and neither did the support (I got an error message telling me a Local account could not be created).

At any rate, I have put together a detailed ORBAT for the French army between 1984 and 1989 (based on French sources - there are lots of mistakes, even in Isby ...), and do have some pretty good ideas as to the tactics and strategy that could be used, so please feel free to contact me (I am also on the FB Cold War page).

Nicolas Michon

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 6
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/26/2021 2:18:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: NicolasMichon

Hello,

I tried to register for the beta but it did not work .... and neither did the support (I got an error message telling me a Local account could not be created).

At any rate, I have put together a detailed ORBAT for the French army between 1984 and 1989 (based on French sources - there are lots of mistakes, even in Isby ...), and do have some pretty good ideas as to the tactics and strategy that could be used, so please feel free to contact me (I am also on the FB Cold War page).

Nicolas Michon

Please e-mail support@slitherine.co.uk and they'll investigate why you are unable to apply.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to NicolasMichon)
Post #: 7
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/28/2021 8:45:53 PM   
nelmsm1

Did you get enough testers? I can apply if you need more?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 10/29/2021 12:22:38 AM   
cristianwj

Good news, and I have sent my application.

Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaign: Southern Strom
War in the East 2
Command Modern Operation
Field of Glory 2:Medieval
Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

Welcome to follow me on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmu9TyhKQBM-0CL

(in reply to nelmsm1)
Post #: 9
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/1/2021 12:11:04 PM   
CapnDarwin

If you wish to get on the Beta-Testing list, please sign-up using the link above. We should be starting to get people soon.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to cristianwj)
Post #: 10
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/3/2021 7:41:26 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Thank you for making a new game, although I still like the first Flashpoint Red Storm and Germany.
I wonder what 'southern storm' refers to. Africa invades Europe? Brazil lands an army in Florida? India takes on Russia? Vietnam overruns China? Hmmmm

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 11
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/3/2021 8:09:30 AM   
cristianwj

I think "southern strom" contains battles in south of Germany, like Bavaria or Northern Italy with Soviet, Czech Slovakia or Yugoslavia.

Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaign: Southern Strom
War in the East 2
Command Modern Operation
Field of Glory 2:Medieval
Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

Welcome to follow me on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmu9TyhKQBM-0CL

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 12
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/3/2021 9:17:04 AM   
GiveWarAchance

okay thanks christian

(in reply to cristianwj)
Post #: 13
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/3/2021 12:19:59 PM   
CapnDarwin

Southern Germany with East-German, Czech, Soviet, French, Canadian, West-German, and US forces. More information and details will be coming in a few weeks.

Post #: 14
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/3/2021 5:01:23 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Oh good a lot of army types on both sides. Even the French with their intrepid AMXs and Leclerc tanks will be fun.
I know very little geography. Is this first Flashpoint game only about the middle part of Germany? The famous Fulda Gap?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 15
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/3/2021 9:17:45 PM   
CapnDarwin

Leclerc did not field until the 90s and our game covers the 80s.

Post #: 16
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/5/2021 1:26:42 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Ah it missed the Cold War.... or hot cold war. I wonder what the French had to work with before that. They seemed seemed well equipped way back in Indochina so guess they maintained a good military. I wonder what their morale was like after some stigma from WW2 and then the public wanting out of Indochina? I guess they had some success in Africa. An Africa version of this game would be fun too in the same era as the Cold War.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 17
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/7/2021 2:47:30 PM   
dvphimself

Red Storm has a lot of action a ways north of Fulda, almost up to Hanover and then across towards the dutch border.
I'm just guessing but Bavaria seems likely for southern storm? Perhaps a push from Czechoslovakia to Munich there are some good plains. But who knows someone else suggested Vietnam attacking China so we'll have to wait and see.

Post #: 18
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/18/2021 11:10:15 PM   
CV60

Quick question on the beta: I signed up for it, but never got notified that I had been selected. However, it appears in "My Betas" on "My Page" on the Matrix site. Was I selected? If so, I can't access the beta forum. The developers can PM me for any insight into this issue.

(in reply to dvphimself)
Post #: 19
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/19/2021 12:08:05 AM   
CapnDarwin

If you are in the small first group you should get an email tomorrow. There is some issue with a beta page and broken link at the moment.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 20
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/20/2021 11:45:03 PM   
CV60

Thanks for the reply. I did get an email, but the link appears not to work. I get a message that says:

"Access is Denied.
You either don't have the right to access or have attempted to access private area."

< Message edited by CV60 -- 11/21/2021 12:34:23 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 21
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/21/2021 12:59:42 AM   
CapnDarwin

CV60, see if you have a new email from late yesterday. There was some issue with the logins that has been resolved.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 22
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/21/2021 4:30:30 PM   
CV60

I don't have a new email in my box. Can you resend?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 23
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/21/2021 4:33:57 PM   
CapnDarwin

CV, I will pass this along to Erik and see if he can ping the MAtrix folks tomorrow. Check your spam/junk email folders too.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 24
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/21/2021 5:51:51 PM   
CV60

Thanks for checking with Eric. I doubled checked the spam folder. No Joy. ;-(

< Message edited by CV60 -- 11/21/2021 5:52:24 PM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 25
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/21/2021 9:39:53 PM   
CapnDarwin

pieth, Make sure to comment on things in the Beta Forum and not in the open forums here. I'm going to delete your comments here.

Thanks.

(in reply to pieth)
Post #: 26
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/22/2021 9:36:59 AM   
pieth

Apologies

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 27
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/22/2021 12:41:32 PM   
CapnDarwin

pieth, no problem. Just want to keep things under wraps.

(in reply to pieth)
Post #: 28
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/23/2021 12:03:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60
Thanks for the reply. I did get an email, but the link appears not to work. I get a message that says:

"Access is Denied.
You either don't have the right to access or have attempted to access private area."

Hi CV60,

I'm not seeing your user name on our list. Could you please e-mail a copy of the e-mail you received to erikr@matrixgames.com and annys@slitherine.co.uk?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 29
RE: Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta - 11/23/2021 1:07:13 PM   
wodin

SO excited game at beta stage!!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Join the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI