Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MSI Afterburner still a problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> MSI Afterburner still a problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MSI Afterburner still a problem? - 10/23/2021 10:44:10 AM   
Dimitris

Hi all,

One of the oldest graphics-related issues we've had is that running MSI's Afterburner utility alongside CMANO/CMO would result in red-X or a hard crash.

In v1.04 we have fixed a major cause of the red-X issue, and we are curious if the fix also affects compatibility with Afterburner. We would therefore appreciate feedback from anyone who uses this utility regularly.

Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: MSI Afterburner still a problem? - 10/23/2021 10:48:33 AM   
thewood1

I run MSI AB on my big laptop and have had no issues with CMO. I'll double check.

Edit: MSI AB 4.6.4 beta 3 running with CMO 1.04 with no issues. Slight overclocking on the 2080.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 10/23/2021 10:51:25 AM >

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 2
RE: MSI Afterburner still a problem? - 10/25/2021 12:50:00 AM   
Twistedpretzel

I have had no issues using MSI Afterburner, but if I use rivatuner and turn the On Screen Display (OSD) on to show performance of GPU and CPU I still get the red X when a scenario loads. 1.04.114733

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: MSI Afterburner still a problem? - 10/26/2021 8:05:43 PM   
LMychajluk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twistedpretzel

I have had no issues using MSI Afterburner, but if I use rivatuner and turn the On Screen Display (OSD) on to show performance of GPU and CPU I still get the red X when a scenario loads. 1.04.114733

Same. If I turn off the 'On-screen Display Support' option in rivatuner, I don't have the map problems.

(in reply to Twistedpretzel)
Post #: 4
RE: MSI Afterburner still a problem? - 11/3/2021 2:45:42 AM   
KnightHawk75

I've been using Afterburner the entire time I've owned cmo (and cmano before it). I only turn it off when debugging issues to eliminate it as an issue before reporting anything, and I've never run into issues with having AB 4.5 running. That said all I use it for is to watch temps in my taskbar, I don't use any of the overlay osd\stuff same as others have said, which I image is where display interaction was causing issues at some point for some folks. So glad to hear about the locking\resume\display driver reset- red x thing being addressed though.

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> MSI Afterburner still a problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI