Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09] Airforce OHQ not politically satisfying to their peeps

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09] Airforce OHQ not politically satisfying to their peeps Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09] Airforce OHQ not politically satisfying to their... - 10/27/2021 7:32:35 AM   
Don_Kiyote

re-posting my comment from the 'Beta' thread:

quote:

Hello. Im loving the game, and appreciate the work and thought that has gone in to it.

I may have found a bug, but I'm playing on the GoG version (1.09). Still, there is no mention of this bug in the patch notes, so I'll go ahead and mention it here.

It looks like another Air Force OHQ omission, but rather than supply, this is political. In the game, political parties, such as the Armed Republican Front (ARF) in my case, have their happiness determined in part by the number of party members holding positions in each of three sectors of the government: Zone Administration, Government Counsel(?), and Military Hierarchy. This can be seen in the Factions Overview of the Reports tab

Air OHQ commanders should count towards a party's presence in the Military Hierarchy sector, but they don't seem to be. There are three Air OHQ commanders from the ARF from a total of seven total Military positions; 3 Air, 3 Army, and 1 SHQ; where there are four political parties in the regime. But the ARF shows a happiness penalty and a 'weak' presence in this sector.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything. I can post a screenshot of the Factions Overview if this isn't clear, but i dont have one at the moment.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.09] Airforce OHQ not politically satisfying to t... - 11/15/2021 2:59:01 PM   
Vic

Thanks for spotting this issue. Will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Note however that it is not the number of HQs a faction controls but the number of troops under those HQs the faction controls.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Don_Kiyote)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.09] Airforce OHQ not politically satisfying to t... - 11/22/2021 9:40:56 AM   
Don_Kiyote

quote:

Note however that it is not the number of HQs a faction controls but the number of troops under those HQs the faction controls.

ah you so darn clever.

Air Force Piolets must be officers, so perhaps each aircraft is equivalent to a platoon...? But 30 platoons sounds more like a whole a division or brigade to me. This kind of military enumeration has always been a little confusing to me, never having been inside a service.

Looking forward to plumping support for my favoured party with Airforce patronage soon!

edit: I saw this in the notes for 1.10
quote:

-Air HQs now also count for a Factions’ power base calculations.

I should clarify, in case i used an imprecise wording...

It was the "Faction Happiness" stat which I thought was not being affected.

The power base calculation sounds like the number of votes from the enlisted persons' portion of the electorate a faction will receive during open elections (modified by an oratory roll). Maybe...If political power is based on voting blocks... like unions sometimes are.

< Message edited by Don_Kiyote -- 11/22/2021 10:01:05 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09] Airforce OHQ not politically satisfying to their peeps Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI