Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 9/13/2021 2:27:31 PM   
Edmon

Operation Overlord, the first Valor & Victory tournament, has just come to an end: congrats to praetorshinzon, who won first place with 2078 points. You can check out the final results here.

JOIN THE D-DAY TOURNAMENT

new tournament is now available, with an improved and more balanced scoring system. You will challenge other players in three different scenarios, all of which are set on June 6th, 1944.

1 - Payday for French Commandos. June 06, 1944. Ouistreham Riva Bella, France.

2 - Mochs Battalion Advances on Neuville. June 06, 1944. Neuville, France.

3 - Alamo at Sainte Mere Eglise. June 06, 1944. Sainte Mere Eglise, France.

HOW IT WORKS

All you need to do is sign up, then the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM games. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it will be time to play your turns.

The Tournament will begin on September 23rd and it will last 3 rounds, each lasting three weeks. You can sign up here. The tournament follows Swiss Tournament rules: you can find the full list of rules here.
Post #: 1
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 9/21/2021 1:10:03 PM   
bayonetbrant

I accidentally 'joined' the tournament when I was just looking for some more info on it for one of our news articles over at Armchair Dragoons.

Can someone tell me how to pull back out of the tournament? Thanks!

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/21/2021 7:22:13 AM   
El_Condoro

I think there is something wrong with the scoring: my Germans took one of 3 VHs and got a Decisive Victory and my opponent took all VHs and got less than my score by a long way. Something's awry.

(in reply to bayonetbrant)
Post #: 3
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/22/2021 8:52:49 AM   
DieterX

The scoring is totally flawed; I have just had my score for the last 2 games reversed to my disadvantage. As a consequence, I am now in 4th place instead of tie 2nd place. Oh well its only a game but what's the point?

< Message edited by DieterX -- 10/22/2021 9:12:50 AM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 4
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/22/2021 2:30:00 PM   
yobowargames

Hi El_Condoro & DieterX

Could you both send me an email to lance@yobowargames.com. I need your help to track down if there is a bug.

< Message edited by yobowargames -- 10/22/2021 2:49:13 PM >

YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

(in reply to DieterX)
Post #: 5
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/23/2021 8:55:42 AM   
El_Condoro

Email sent

(in reply to yobowargames)
Post #: 6
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/25/2021 3:31:11 PM   
Barthheart

Yeah, something is wacky with the scoring system...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 7
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/26/2021 11:57:49 AM   
ballwood

The scoring is broken. In round one, my opponent made no moves whatsoever yet all I received was 2 points. This is hardly a bye or a win score as the Tournament Rules state. I have sent several emails to your "support" regarding this in the past fortnight and have heard nothing other than they have forwarded my query to the Tournament Organizers. I will probably just leave the Tournament after this round as I now have no chance of achieving any sort of decent result. As a beta tester and ideas contributor for this game, I am rather disappointed.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 8
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 10/28/2021 3:36:53 AM   
yobowargames

Hi All

Sorry that this issue has come up. I know the investment you make in playing PBEM agmes and in a tournament.

I have been troubleshooting the issue over the last couple of days trying to track down what is causing the issue. I am in contact with Matrix games and we should have more news very soon.

Lance

YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

(in reply to ballwood)
Post #: 9
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 11/4/2021 9:07:05 AM   
ballwood

Hi Lance

I thank you for your efforts but unfortunately the round one wins/byes have not been corrected and now round 2 has been mishandled. This is the first and last time I enter a Slitherine Tournament. I am now withdrawing and not bothering with round 3. My husband whose scores have also been totally mishandled is also abandoning this Tournament and one of his friends also. Nevertheless, we are grateful for your endeavours but unfortunately the Tournament organizers appear not to be up to the job.

Post #: 10
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 11/4/2021 9:11:48 AM   
ballwood

Hello

I have sent many emails to "Support" regarding the issue but it has still not been resolved.

< Message edited by ballwood -- 11/4/2021 9:14:15 AM >

Post #: 11
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 11/4/2021 9:24:20 AM   
DieterX

Greetings

I sent the email but the scoring has still not been fixed so I am withdrawing from the Tournament. I apologise to my opponent "Scotbot" but I cannot waste any more time on a Tournament where the scoring is reversed.

Post #: 12
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 11/4/2021 11:29:34 AM   
gallwood

Hi

In spite of several emails to "Support", the flawed scoring remains unchanged and the Winner receives the loser's score and vice versa. I have no incentive to continue and am thus withdrawing from the Tournament.

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 13
RE: Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament - 11/4/2021 1:37:06 PM   
mhardisty

Hi everybody
The scoring within ROUND 2 of the current Valor & Victory Tournament was indeed flawed. Due to an issue with that scenario, the scores were 'flipped' at the end of the round. We have fixed this for the current ROUND 3 that is in progress, and we are looking to update the current scores to flip them back, so they are accurate, and we will be making sure this doesn't happen again.

ALSO, on a similar point, the BYE points were not awarded correctly on ROUND 1. These will also be correctly awarded.

These scores are with our server team and should be updated in the next couple of days.

Apologies for the confusion on this.

(in reply to gallwood)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> Valor & Victory - Join the D-Day Tournament Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI