Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: If at first you don't succeed, invade Belgium!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> AAR >> RE: If at first you don't succeed, invade Belgium! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If at first you don't succeed, invade Belgium! - 11/5/2021 9:39:59 PM   
John B.

Well, my strategy of wearing out my esteemed opponent's fists did not work and the cowardly Germans gave up while A/H morale was still above 50. This short clip pretty much sums up my game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU :)

I could catalogue my many mistakes but, as Pickett once remarked on how the Confederate army could have lost at Gettysburg "well the Union army had something to do with it", KorutZelva played a great game and took home the poisoned chalice that is an Entente victory in WWI. Congratulations!

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 61
RE: If at first you don't succeed, invade Belgium! - 11/6/2021 1:46:03 AM   
KorutZelva

John fought to the end, something I rarely have the stomach to do. You are to be commended, sir.

One of the things I liked about the WWI over the WWII is it feels more sandboxy and less stuck acting out the same sequence of operation like in the WWII game. But once you start to get how the NM economy works... suddenly what seemed to be a wealth of valid strategy... they all dry up until a narrow path emerges.

1- Serbia needs to fall early else the Ottoman falls like a house of cards to a small breeze of just the regular spawned Entente units without having to bring anything extra. 2- Germany NM pool so low compared to its responsibilities, it can't let up an inch of land or their relative morale compared to their neighbor will crater... greater than historical gains in France or Italy will not save you a faster than historical death. 3- Warsaw most important city, get it early or get dunked on.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> AAR >> RE: If at first you don't succeed, invade Belgium! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI