Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/6/2021 4:34:29 AM   
Jugger

Hi Team

Are we going to see any AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual soon? Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/7/2021 2:04:08 AM   
Jason Petho

We should see these types of things in December.

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 2
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/7/2021 2:51:04 AM   
Jugger

Ok Thanks Jason for the update.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/7/2021 3:10:01 AM   
Jason Petho

No problem at all!

What kind of things would you like to see, specifically?

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 4
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/7/2021 3:49:44 AM   
Jugger

I would like to see ideally a twitch stream that covers all the basics as well as the new game mechanics(Such as Riverine operations, Use of tunnels..etc).
You could do a French V Viet Minh for the basic combat concepts/game mechanics, movement, combat, artillery...etc.
US V Viet Cong/Nva for Riverine, tunnels, helicopters, Air Support...etc.

Post #: 5
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/18/2021 3:07:01 PM   
Jason Petho

Campaign Series Vietnam - First Teaser

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 11/18/2021 4:10:37 PM >

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 6
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/18/2021 11:11:12 PM   
budd

You doing the Streams Jason? All i ask is that whoever does it knows the system and doesn't spend the stream figuring things out which could be better spent demonstrating and explaining the system to us

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 7
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/19/2021 12:37:26 AM   
Jason Petho

I have a discord, Jason Petho's Campaign Series.

I also have Twitch, but haven't figured that out yet.

Otherwise, I have Camtasia to record my screen and I can post onto YouTube for tutorials and play throughs.

I agree about this though:
quote:

All i ask is that whoever does it knows the system and doesn't spend the stream figuring things out which could be better spent demonstrating and explaining the system to us

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 11/19/2021 12:38:49 AM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 8
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/19/2021 2:03:12 AM   
budd

There's streamers that do a good job as long as they get time with the game before hand. It just doesn't show off the game well if the person is stumbling there way through it. Hopefully matrix will put some muscle behind the hustle and back the game fully, not just as an after thought. I think well done pre-recorded video would be fine, live streams are good for taking questions though.
I'm not a Vietnam gaming guy but the game and its features just look good and i will be buying. Strangely enough I'm really looking forward to the CSME 3.0 with event engine stuff. Any possibility that CSME will get some more campaigns or something similar to the "week in" feature of CSV.

Appreciate the work you guys put in and hope the series is a success for you guys.

Post #: 9
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/19/2021 2:07:08 AM   
budd

OOOO and what i'd like to see is a demonstration of the different mission types. We're about 8 weeks out, hopefully the previews, videos, AAR's will start soon. Think this game will need long term exposure to catch on and generate interest beyond the regulars that are already decided.

One thing you could steal from the Panzer Campaigns/Panzer Battles is the excellent extra documents, designer notes, maps, OOB's, histories, they really do an excellent job on that stuff.

< Message edited by budd -- 11/19/2021 2:10:10 AM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 10
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/19/2021 2:32:46 AM   
Jason Petho

Excellent suggestions, thank you!!

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 11
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 4:34:57 PM   
Jason Petho

Teaser 2 Video

Teaser 2 Video

Post #: 12
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 5:43:10 PM   
budd

Well done. I don't think the music fits but can't seem to come up with a suggestion for the better.

Post #: 13
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 5:46:33 PM   
zakblood

looks good and agree with the music point, also don't think it matches or does anything for me other than make me mute the video

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 14
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 6:37:10 PM   
berto

Campaign Series: Vietnam, a game set during the birth and heyday of rock and roll.

A wild, raucous music that American forces blared at base, and even out in the field. Music that people all over the world marched to in protest.

The Who ("Won't Get Fooled Again"), Derek And The Dominoes ("Layla"), Jimmy Hendrix ("All Along the Watchtower"), Led Zeppelin ("Stairway to Heaven"), The Rolling Stones ("Gimme Shelter"), ...

I lived through those times and just missed serving in Vietnam. I certainly think the teaser music "fits". (Alas, we can't afford to license "the real thing".)

Sorry it's not your cup of tea.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 15
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 6:53:06 PM   
Big Ivan

Spot on berto!

I'd love to hear some Credence Clearwater Revival too, as I'm sure a lot of folks would, but the licensing and royalties can get a bit pricy.

The music chosen is great for the time frame of the game.

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 16
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 6:55:01 PM   
zakblood

i'm somewhat of a animal when it comes to music and games, so it's something i always tend to turn off, but i do like milky tea

In this dirty old part of the city
Where the sun refused to shine
People tell me there ain't no use in tryin'
Now my girl, you're so young and pretty

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 17
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 7:11:40 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

In this dirty old part of the city
Where the sun refused to shine
People tell me there ain't no use in tryin'
Now my girl, you're so young and pretty

The Animals, "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"

Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 18
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 8:25:25 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Strangely enough I'm really looking forward to the CSME 3.0 with event engine stuff. Any possibility that CSME will get some more campaigns or something similar to the "week in" feature of CSV.

First thing will be to script all of my scenarios so that at least one side is scripted so you can play a meaningful battle against the AI.

After that, I will look into "A Week in" style scenario for CSME.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 19
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 8:26:41 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

what I'd like to see is a demonstration of the different mission types.

At the moment, there is fundamentally no purpose for this (there never has been).

But with the new CSEE, will will be updating that set of mission types to be useful in a future UPDATE.

Post #: 20
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/20/2021 9:06:33 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

what I'd like to see is a demonstration of the different mission types.

At the moment, there is fundamentally no purpose for this (there never has been).

John Tiller had established the mission type parameter, but never really did anything with it. In the code, the parameter is basically unused. It's on the to-do list to integrate this with the SAI (Scripted AI).

Post #: 21
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/21/2021 9:33:06 AM   
Schlonz

Talking about Vietnam music:

https://youtu.be/98k2DlQ9PMY

< Message edited by Schlonz -- 11/21/2021 9:35:44 AM >

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 22
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/21/2021 10:12:42 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schlonz

Talking about Vietnam music:

https://youtu.be/98k2DlQ9PMY

LOL!!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Schlonz)
Post #: 23
RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/21/2021 11:51:49 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

...snip...

I certainly think the teaser music "fits". (Alas, we can't afford to license "the real thing".)

Sorry it's not your cup of tea.

Just to add a couple of comments.

First, we do not have a budget to license any classics to this game, hence it is either from sources that are free, or by an author who does not mind having his or her music included for free with a note crediting them for their art. The wonderful original music score in the mage itself is an example of that.

Second, what was presented above are teaser videos, and the music selected to these videos was by our video artist Chris. It might not be Paint It Black by Stones, but given what's available, I like it a lot, too.

And finally, for the game itself, if you don't like the music that is included, you can opt to have just the ambient background noice, or if you actually prefer music, you can replace it with what you own. Here's an old Modder's Guide as how to change the music in the game. It was written for John Tiller's Campaign Series bundle, but it works similarly with CS Middle East or CS Vietnam:

• Let's do: Background Music!

So there's options, and options are always good, right

(in reply to berto)
  • Post #: 24
    RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/21/2021 12:03:04 PM   
    Crossroads

... as for the Weapons and Explosions sounds - these always play as a pair, first you fire, then there's the sound effect for hitting the target - and Movement sounds, they are the same for what they were with CS Middle East. There might be a couple of new sound categories, to recapture the various helicopter types in the game for instance, but apart from that, no changes as such.

I personally think they are OK at least, one thing to consider though is the Animation Speed option which affects the Weapon + Explosion sound played. Quicker the Animation Speed, less actual sound played, with the fastest Animation option just playing a bit from the Explosion. These would be relatively easy to change if there's a sound library available (that we can afford as we do not have a budget), but until that, not a priority as such.

These are relatively easy to mod as well, for those who'd like to do that.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 25
    RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/22/2021 3:27:50 PM   
    Jason Petho

Teaser 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mdBCQ-i4rM

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 26
    RE: AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual - 11/23/2021 3:13:13 PM   
    Jason Petho

And finally, a combined three minute teaser.

Three minute teaser

Post #: 27
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> AAR's, Twitch Streams, Bootcamp Tutorials and Manual Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI