Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/12/2021 1:47:26 PM   
jhyden

I ran across this so thought I would post it. Massive discount @85% off ✔

https://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_VI/

best wishes to all ~

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jhyden -- 11/12/2021 1:53:13 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 9:29:35 AM   
Rising-Sun

I wouldnt buy it, not worth it.

(in reply to jhyden)
Post #: 2
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 10:27:15 AM   
demyansk

I have the 5th version and 6th version. That’s a good price?

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 3
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 3:57:59 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rising-Sun

I wouldnt buy it, not worth it.

Neither would I. But no matter how good a game is it will have its detractors and no matter how bad a game is it will have its fans.

And Civ6 has its fans. And the price is a good one if one is a Civ6 fan.

Thanks for the heads-up, jhyden. I am certain someone will benefit from your post.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 4
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 4:08:38 PM   
Duck Doc

Has the franchise fallen on hard times? Has Humankind made inroads? Is there going to be a Civ 7?

IO am not playing anymore but I did play the Civ releases a bunch. If you have not played before, this is a rare opportunity to pick up one of the great games of all time for a song. Go for it!

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 5
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 8:16:48 PM   
gamer78

They announced this summer CIV 6 support has ended. Like GTA V they want all players in planet play CIV, it has a discounted price regularly. Not a bad game for a brief education about other civilizations, although mechanics were much harder for AI in the last version. A very good game for any strategy fan. Very good price.

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 11/13/2021 8:18:28 PM >

(in reply to Duck Doc)
Post #: 6
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 10:10:37 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duck Doc

Has the franchise fallen on hard times?....

I have been playing the Sid Meier's Civilization series since the original was released in 1991. In my opinion the series peaked with Civilization IV. Civilization V required Steam to be able to play it, it had some mechanics that I did not care much for, and a lot of DLC. With Civilization VI came cartoony graphics, more mechanics that I did not care much for, and a lot more DLC. As a result, Civ6 is the game in the Civilization series that I like the least.

It is all a matter of personal perspective. Some of us gamers don't like Civ 6 and some of us gamers like Civ 6. Everyone has their own opinion of Civ 6 and you know what they say about opinions.

I suggest checking out a Civ 6 YouTube video. Then--if you liked what you saw about Civ 6--by all means buy it while it's on sale.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to Duck Doc)
Post #: 7
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 10:27:05 PM   
Duck Doc

I was actually a fan of the Civ series and have played all Civ 4-> Civ 6. I don't play anymore because I no longer get a thrill playing. I agree. If you haven't played it then now is the time to jump in for pennies on the dollar.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duck Doc

Has the franchise fallen on hard times?....

I have been playing the Sid Meier's Civilization series since the original was released in 1991. In my opinion the series peaked with Civilization IV. Civilization V required Steam to be able to play it, it had some mechanics that I did not care much for, and a lot of DLC. With Civilization VI came cartoony graphics, more mechanics that I did not care much for, and a lot more DLC. As a result, Civ6 is the game in the Civilization series that I like the least.

It is all a matter of personal perspective. Some of us gamers don't like Civ 6 and some of us gamers like Civ 6. Everyone has their own opinion of Civ 6 and you know what they say about opinions.

I suggest checking out a Civ 6 YouTube video. Then--if you liked what you saw about Civ 6--by all means buy it while it's on sale.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 8
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/13/2021 11:09:01 PM   
gamer78

So many games published in city building&engineering related recently that Civ 4 can be the best in series in the past for classic. CIV'6 not only strategy but engineering game like Timberborn and Factorio. So times can change and so CIV series. But similar to the main problem like Football Manager series AI can not cope with it.

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 11/13/2021 11:10:18 PM >

(in reply to Duck Doc)
Post #: 9
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/14/2021 7:06:17 AM   
Rising-Sun

When first came out, i was happy with it, but i refunded the digital copy and bought the box version. Unfort i was disappointed cause it wasnt anything in that box except the CD. So use to have a manual, tech tree map, goodies, etc. What a rip off.

So i played it for awhile and trying to understand the game, some ideas or features isnt bad, but the AI is terrible. I think i bought a few DLCs along with it and see if that made any improvements, doesnt look like it did much and more money down the drain. I dont think i will buy another game or DLC from them.

I didnt like the cartoonish graphics much and the biggest mistakes they made is having too much hardware performance to run that game. For example if you want to play the largest map as Earth? Good luck, even my high end rig i have here and didnt do well. Not mention how many players having issues with that game in these days. Been hearing rumors that the game is failing to meet their demands.

My favorite is III and Colonization by them. The fourth and fifth series isnt too bad.

@Humankind, well that just another copy from them and trying to make their own way. I dont own it, but hearing the game really sucks as well. Funny they didnt get any troubles of making it and keeping it running. I do however like Call to Power II, unfort it got pulled due to Sid's Civilization lawsuit. What a bummer, i though Call to Power II was pretty darn good over Sid's Civ.

The best Civilization game i ever played, is the Destiny. It was old and tech tree is epic and realistic resources, etc. But poor graphics that runs from DirectX 2.1 i think, been so long since i played that thing. Back in the mid 90's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny:_World_Domination_from_Stone_Age_to_Space_Age

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 10
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/14/2021 10:18:08 AM   
demyansk

Good comments, I rarely play the games since they feel the same all the time. Plus, they are monsters to finish

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 11
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/17/2021 4:39:42 PM   
burbigo

I've been playing Civilization since the first game. Certainly there have been great improvements but unfortunately since Civ V the game has declined and unfortunately continues.

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

< Message edited by burbigo -- 1/11/2022 1:24:58 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 12
RE: Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 - 11/17/2021 6:33:54 PM   
Kuokkanen

I have played original (still got floppies & manuals), Colonization, Alpha Centauri, IV & DLC, and V & whatever came with it. Civ4 is my favourite of the bunch, maybe because it feels most like the original game with improvements (like how Panzer Corps is an improvement of Panzer General). When reinforced with the vast selection of mods & scenarios, Civ4 stretches out to epic proportions and even different game genres, like tactical scale war game! I like hexes in Civ5 and a number of other features, but lack of stacking is... disturbing. Even though there are mods to enable stacking, user interface don't keep up with it.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to burbigo)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Civilization VI, Steam Sale @ 85% off until 11-16-21 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI