Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are extended maps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> What are extended maps? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 2:18:48 PM   
MarkShot

I download a big zip from ChemKid, but I don't know what I have! :)

TMP Dot Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP Hex Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP Hexless Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP Pure Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP RnR Borders Upgrade (X).zip
stock
TopPoMap
Yamamoto

Can extended maps be used with the stock game and scenarios?

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)
Post #: 1
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 3:13:17 PM   
Alfred

No.

You're not the first new player who has acted like the 17 year old who has just obtained their car driving learner permit and immediately asked for the telephone contact number of the owners of all the Formula 1 racing teams and feedback on which team they should offer their immediate services as a racing car driver.

Alfred

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 2
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 4:08:07 PM   
Lokasenna

Alfred, that doesn't make sense.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 4:36:57 PM   
MarkShot

Alfred,

I have been googling for hours to find this stuff and looking at the various files. ChemKid was listed as one of the best map makers, but is AWOL. Babes made maps that allowed reduction of stacking limits. The main difference between most of these files hex representations and borders versus topo or stylized. The stock has about 8 files and the extended maybe 50.

Alfred, I think that was rude. I know it's a pandemic, and that may have interrupted your therapy visits. But if you cannot contribute, then just move along please, and don't post in my threads.

Thank you. (The next I am going to report you to a moderator. Reason: discouraging customers from purchasing Matrix products.)

PS: I am a Matrix beta since around 2003.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 4
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 4:52:23 PM   
MarkShot

Attachment (1)

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 5
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 7:23:50 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

Alfred,

I have been googling for hours to find this stuff and looking at the various files. ChemKid was listed as one of the best map makers, but is AWOL. Babes made maps that allowed reduction of stacking limits. The main difference between most of these files hex representations and borders versus topo or stylized. The stock has about 8 files and the extended maybe 50.

Alfred, I think that was rude. I know it's a pandemic, and that may have interrupted your therapy visits. But if you cannot contribute, then just move along please, and don't post in my threads.

Thank you. (The next I am going to report you to a moderator. Reason: discouraging customers from purchasing Matrix products.)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I was a tester on WITE-2, so I am very familiar with that one. It's a very good game, but it does not hold my attention like WITP-AE does.

This game is more complex, and has alot more strategy nuances, too much to possibly put here! It takes awhile to get knowledgeable, but if you're not afraid of PBEM there are newer players here

In general, a few things:

1. If you are hung-up on graphics, this is not your game. It's functional enough. If you like WITE-2, you'll be fine.
2. With 1-day turns, it's a big commitment; much more than WITE-2 with 1-week turns. Games are going to take years, literally
3. The forum is AWESOME for advice; you can post almost any question and it will get answered in detail. Use the SEARCH feature first, but acknowledge that it's not very effective all the time

I would take the plunge and buy it, you won't regret it as long as you understand the time commitment

3. Unfortunately have to disagree here. The forum has become a difficult place to ask ANY question even if you have searched the forum and manual. There are a lot of helpful people here but also difficult ones that will attack you just for asking a question. Be prepared to be chastised. I think it is because the forum and a lot of the players have been around for such a long time (We go back to PacWar, Uncommon Valor, and WITP) and everything has been discussed at some point you just have to weed through everything to find it. This can be difficult because there is so much out there. Oh and if you take a break for a few years be prepared to have to learn a lot of it all over again.

It is the biggest most complicated difficult game on the planet to learn and playing as the Japanese is a whole other level and game in itself (the economy) so you will have lots of questions. Try and find the answer yourself first but if you can't be prepared to defend your question. Like he said the search function can be difficult to use and not everything is perfectly specified in the manual and patch notes you need more player perspective/experience for a lot of things.

That being said DEFINITELY get this game. As Strategy Dojo also says in his series and I completely agree this is the best game ever made as so many here will attest and you will get a lifetime of game play. I do not think another game this great will ever be made again. I say it is the best game ever made because it was made by experts in every field that came together that will never come together again to make another game like it ever again. Truly a once in a lifetime accomplishment by an amazing team:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2173764

Now you know why I posted this. Welcome to Alfred's forum.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5094598

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/11/2021 7:27:25 PM >

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 6
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 7:39:38 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

I download a big zip from ChemKid, but I don't know what I have! :)

TMP Dot Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP Hex Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP Hexless Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP Pure Borders Upgrade (X).zip
TMP RnR Borders Upgrade (X).zip
stock
TopPoMap
Yamamoto

Can extended maps be used with the stock game and scenarios?

All extended maps match Andrew Browns original extended map. He has now done an update. The extended maps are mostly for PBEM as the AI is not scripted to use them.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5089777

For AI play use the stock maps.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5082478

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/11/2021 7:41:28 PM >

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 7
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/11/2021 11:34:18 PM   
MarkShot

Tanaka,

Again thanks for the guidance.

The forums belong to the publisher. They exist to sell games and promote customer retention. Actions to the contrary require administration.

If you are neither an employee nor beta, then you are under no obligation to answer questions.

My posting here on topics and doing game tutorials was so extensive that two edited PDF volumes were made by Matrix and hosted by Matrix. Each volume was about 100 pages.

That was in the past as Matrix was sold by David Heath. But Erik is still here from the old days. These days Matrix is more of a retained brand name. The developer I was most involved with, Panther Games, decided to leave.

I used to play H2H even before the internet using a MODEM and Compuserve. I stopped in 1994 reaching the top of a USA national ladder. Mainly because many entrants were not interested in gaming, but the chance to degrade and humiliate others.

These days game expertise can be used to feed the psychotic tendencies of some individuals through forums such as these as you have noted. They avoid admin action under the cloak of being an expert. But it comes at the heavy cost of lost sales which for niche game such as this is very bad.

Tanaka, I am happy we met. My name is Mark.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 8
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 12:39:53 AM   
Shellshock

quote:

ChemKid was listed as one of the best map makers, but is AWOL.

To this day I don't think anyone quite knows what happened with the cartographically talented Chemkid. He replaced the text of all his posts with a "." which had to be a rather tedious undertaking since he was over 1,200 in the post count.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 9
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 1:14:18 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

Tanaka,

The forums belong to the publisher. They exist to sell games and promote customer retention. Actions to the contrary require administration.

If you are neither an employee nor beta, then you are under no obligation to answer questions.

My posting here on topics and doing game tutorials was so extensive that two edited PDF volumes were made by Matrix and hosted by Matrix. Each volume was about 100 pages.

That was in the past as Matrix was sold by David Heath. But Erik is still here from the old days. These days Matrix is more of a retained brand name. The developer I was most involved with, Panther Games, decided to leave.

I used to play H2H even before the internet using a MODEM and Compuserve. I stopped in 1994 reaching the top of a USA national ladder. Mainly because many entrants were not interested in gaming, but the chance to degrade and humiliate others.

These days game expertise can be used to feed the psychotic tendencies of some individuals through forums such as these as you have noted. They avoid admin action under the cloak of being an expert. But it comes at the heavy cost of lost sales which for niche game such as this is very bad.

Could not agree more. And you as well. Glad to have another Matrix vet around here especially one that has been so involved in past games. Hope you don't let the negativity run you off. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Cheers!

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 10
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 1:15:15 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shellshock

quote:

ChemKid was listed as one of the best map makers, but is AWOL.

To this day I don't think anyone quite knows what happened with the cartographically talented Chemkid. He replaced the text of all his posts with a "." which had to be a rather tedious undertaking since he was over 1,200 in the post count.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JosephM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

You might not want to post Chemkids reworked maps.
There were copyright issues involved, hence no more Chemkid.

Hello Halsey,

Sorry, but Chemkid has contacted us about the issue. He made these himself and therefore there should be no copyright issue. He deleted the links on his forum posts for mods he made himself then later requested to delete his forum account. But he has confirmed he is happy for users to share his mods if users still have access to these (he chose to delete the links in his own posts himself). There was never a copyright issue to our knowledge and Chemkid is confused as to why you would suggest this. He does still monitor the forums, but due to issues in his personal life he is no longer posting.

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 11
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 1:25:30 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shellshock

Yeah, it seems to me you would have to be rather motivated by something to remove your valued work and then supplant all 1238 of your posts with a full stop, when you could just simply and quietly take your leave of this place if you wished.

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 12
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 3:46:15 AM   
MarkShot

Well, I didn't post anyone's work. Just simply found it as a result of searching and downloaded for myself. (Also, any legal issues depend on where the owner {not creator} of those files is domociled, where the actual server is located, and where was I when I downloaded. And are the hosted files simply on a storage service, or is the service a publisher. No one is going to litigate this unless we are talking some serious $$$.)

The topo and Yamamoto stuff was quite nice, and the various HEX handling was innovative.

---

Actually, I am in such a situation now. David Heath former owner of Matrix, and Dave O'Connor owner/developer of Panther Games (now published by Lock and Load) are selling the new iteration of RDOA/HTTR/COTA/BFTB/CO1 as CO2. I have a ton of content which I created here for the prior games which would still be of use to players.

But technically, it is the property of Matrix games. Sadly, I cannot make it available to the public as there are potential legal issues. Oh, well ...

---

Sometimes, people like betas or modders end up at odds with developers/publishers. Here is a well known case. Nich Thomadis aka Darth in the TW Community was well known for his difficulty mods. But something happened around the release of Shogun 2 ... in that I think CA was unappreciative of all he had done to add to their sales. But rather than throw a sh*t fit or whine, he stopped modding and founded his own quite successful game studio, Game Labs, and already has a number high rated titles on Steam.

I have seen quite a few tactical games. Many games have way points, and allow the creation of front lines. His is the only game I have seen where you can draw way points like with a brush. Thus, troops can easily following the natural terrain features, and you can easily have a company take up position along a curved tree line without micro-management. Leave it to an expert modder to understand what gamers want.

< Message edited by MarkShot -- 11/12/2021 3:50:59 AM >

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 13
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 7:00:24 AM   
Ian R

quote:

quote:

Tanaka,

Could not agree more. And you as well. Glad to have another Matrix vet around here especially one that has been so involved in past games. Hope you don't let the negativity run you off. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Cheers!

Maybe you should desist from ad hominem attacks if you actually want some detailed answers.

Edit-spelling.

< Message edited by Ian R -- 11/12/2021 7:01:01 AM >

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 14
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 8:26:43 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

quote:

Tanaka,

Maybe you should desist from ad hominem attacks if you actually want some detailed answers.

Edit-spelling.

If you are referring to me who have I attacked?

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 15
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 8:47:54 AM   
MarkShot

Ian,

I am not interested in the forum’s OOB.

If you have no desire to sell WITP-AE and/or assist with customer retention. then please depart my thread.

Thank you.

PS: The holiday shopping season will soon be here. Many will be visiting forums wanting to answer 2 questions. Is the game a solid buy? Is it a helpful friendly community? If you think well of GG and Team and that their efforts should be rewarded, then show it by how you behave to visitors.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 16
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 9:26:40 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Ian,

If you have no desire to sell WITP-AE and/or assist with customer retention. then please depart my thread.

Thank you.

PS: The holiday shopping season will soon be here. Many will be visiting forums wanting to answer 2 questions. Is the game a solid buy? Is it a helpful friendly community? If you think well of GG and Team and that their efforts should be rewarded, then show it by how you behave to visitors.

This is not your thread. It is a thread that you started but you do not own the thread.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 17
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 10:10:36 AM   
Dreamslayer

quote:

What if Alfred is a Matrix alpha ?

< Message edited by Dreamslayer -- 11/12/2021 10:13:01 AM >

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 18
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 12:05:52 PM   
MarkShot

Then, he can ban me and continue his policy of hurting sales. As an employee or beta, you have a fiduciary responsibility. Read the beta agreement. See what happens to you as a beta if you leak an internal memo that HOI4 is better than the GG series for the following reasons …

You may say that as a customer. But being an employee or beta is not a democracy in the USA; maybe the UK?

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Dreamslayer)
Post #: 19
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 12:06:56 PM   
Ian R

quote:

Ian,

Thank you.

I will add comments on this thread as and where I think they are warranted. And your egotistical and selfish comments warrant it.

You have marched in here like some martinet and starting spitting out directives and orders like you own the place. The irony is that there are several people here who could have helped you with detailed answers... but now we won't.

Have a nice day.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 20
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/12/2021 11:00:41 PM   
MarkShot

Ian,

You are a big fish in a small pond. I gaze at you in total awe.

PS: That’s right. I am not intimidated. Others are not either. Most realize the obvious is that you made yourself into a big fish by pouring arsenic into the pond.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 21
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 2:20:34 AM   
Andrew Brown

Hey all, lets keep it civil.

My updated extended AE map is compatible with any scenario designed for use with my (original) extended map. As mentioned they are not compatible with any of the official scenarios included with the game.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 22
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 2:48:23 AM   
MarkShot

Thank you. It is kind of you to support the game beyond the usual last patch.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 23
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 8:53:17 AM   
Lokasenna

PS - nobody cares about epeen contests.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 24
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 11:14:50 AM   
Alfred

quote:

Alfred,

1. The man calls me rude, without identifying what was rude. How far has the English language been debased in today's modern world.

2. Then immediately follows up with an ad hominem attack. One could say you are applying different standards.

3. Just as this isn't your forum, this isn't your thread. You have no authority to dictate who or what gets posted in a thread opened by you. You only, as everyone else equally does, have the power to green button a forum member.

4. Do you often make threats? Was that your MO as a member of the Panther BETA Team. Did you threaten the actual game coders and designers. So please, pretty please, report me. In your report state how exactly I'm preventing you from buying this game. Am I holding a gun and shouting if you buy the game, the dog/cat gets it. Or I'm hacking your details to divert your order.

5. You also claim to have been a Matrix beta since 2003. Why is this relevant or important. Does it mean that anyone who isn't a Matrix beta (whatever that actually represents) is barred from speaking in the presence of a Matrix beta. I will paraphrase the great words of Martin Luther King, that a man will be judged not by whether they are a Matrix beta or not, but by the quality of their contributions. So far, other than self promotion, I've seen no quality in your contributions.

6. Considering how often in your posts you are inviting the reader to infer you actually work in the computer game industry, doubtless because that would add a certain cachet to your explanations of the worth of games and computer programming, I find it very interesting that your membership details are silent on what your day job or even interests are. Could it be there is no substance behind your self promotion. Does this observation fall into the rude category for not being suitably obsequious to a Matrix beta since 2003.

The different after market map mods are neither better nor worse than the standard maps shipped with the game. What one individual finds more pleasing to the eye, another finds the same map displeasing. Some of them in fact make it harder to play the we.. But then you don't care about that because you haven't even bought the game yet so you can't really assess the standard maps with any of the after market maps.

What is clear to me is that your concern only extends to eye candy, which no true grognard attaches much weight in assessing the quality of a game. In fact what is becoming very clear to me is that your comments on logistics, and other Gary Grigsby games are at odds with your preoccupation with eye candy. There is an inconsistency with what you post and your likely ability as a player.

All this angst for a game it seems you are only interested in buying if sold in a sale at approximately $20. That sum of money won't even buy you a cocktail which would be consumed in a fraction of the time spent on reading the manual. Anyone who will only buy the game if it sells for $20 is a cheapskate. If you really cared about the company, if being a Matrix beta since 2003 really amounts to anything, you would just buy the game even if you lacked any intention of installing it onto your computer. Plenty of other members, who don't self promote as you do, have bought the game at full retail price even though the subject matter/game design did not appeal to them.

BTW, those whose day job is to actually design or code games, don't really have the time to play games of their competitors. They might, as market research or just to kill off unavoidable down time, look at/play competitors games but then, being professionals, they don't have to open threads seeking guidance. They do their own self discovery on the quiet.

Alfred

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 25
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 11:28:55 AM   
Alfred

quote:

Oh goody goody goody. He made a contribution. In a player Guide. Was your name included as an after thought, perhaps as a result of some threat on your behalf along the lines of post #4, you being both a Panther and Matrix Beta.

But of much more serious importance, how is having your name on a Player Guide for a completely different game, relevant to a thread on AE map mods. How does your "contribution" (whatever that actually entailed) stack up against what others have directly contributed to explaining AE.

All I can see is self promotion solely for the sake of it. Zero value added to this thread.

Alfred

Alfred

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 26
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 11:37:43 AM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

Alfred,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I was a tester on WITE-2, so I am very familiar with that one. It's a very good game, but it does not hold my attention like WITP-AE does.

This game is more complex, and has alot more strategy nuances, too much to possibly put here! It takes awhile to get knowledgeable, but if you're not afraid of PBEM there are newer players here

In general, a few things:

1. If you are hung-up on graphics, this is not your game. It's functional enough. If you like WITE-2, you'll be fine.
2. With 1-day turns, it's a big commitment; much more than WITE-2 with 1-week turns. Games are going to take years, literally
3. The forum is AWESOME for advice; you can post almost any question and it will get answered in detail. Use the SEARCH feature first, but acknowledge that it's not very effective all the time

I would take the plunge and buy it, you won't regret it as long as you understand the time commitment

3. Unfortunately have to disagree here. The forum has become a difficult place to ask ANY question even if you have searched the forum and manual. There are a lot of helpful people here but also difficult ones that will attack you just for asking a question. Be prepared to be chastised. I think it is because the forum and a lot of the players have been around for such a long time (We go back to PacWar, Uncommon Valor, and WITP) and everything has been discussed at some point you just have to weed through everything to find it. This can be difficult because there is so much out there. Oh and if you take a break for a few years be prepared to have to learn a lot of it all over again.

It is the biggest most complicated difficult game on the planet to learn and playing as the Japanese is a whole other level and game in itself (the economy) so you will have lots of questions. Try and find the answer yourself first but if you can't be prepared to defend your question. Like he said the search function can be difficult to use and not everything is perfectly specified in the manual and patch notes you need more player perspective/experience for a lot of things.

That being said DEFINITELY get this game. As Strategy Dojo also says in his series and I completely agree this is the best game ever made as so many here will attest and you will get a lifetime of game play. I do not think another game this great will ever be made again. I say it is the best game ever made because it was made by experts in every field that came together that will never come together again to make another game like it ever again. Truly a once in a lifetime accomplishment by an amazing team:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2173764

Now you know why I posted this. Welcome to Alfred's forum.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5094598

You really don't know when to stop digging when you are in a hole.

I suppose I should be chuffed that of the various posters who pointed out your deficiencies, you only focussed on me, who gave you the answer in my first post in that thread. Alas for you, you lack the competence to recognize an answer.

Alfred

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 27
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 12:25:14 PM   
Alfred

quote:

Tanaka,

More self promotion.

1. Still no explanation of what a Matrix Beta does.

A Matrix beta certainly isn't a forum moderator. We know who the AE moderators are and their avatar clearly identifies the relevant individual to be moderator. No such identification on your avatar.

Nor is a developer (design, coding, artwork, OOB research etc) of a game published by Matrix have Beta on their avatar. The many AE developers had no distinguishing mark on their avatar; they didn't feel the need for the extra publicity. The AE developers were clearly identified by the quality and nature of their posts over a period of many years. Plus their patching of the earlier classical WITP said enough. Other game developers do have a mark on their avatar but they don't repeat ad nauseam, hey look at me I'm important.

2. Nor how does one achieve Matrix Beta status.

Seems to me all that one has to do to reach this status is to sign up as a beta tester of a Matrix published game. That entails signing a Non Disclosure Agreement. Not much more in the way of any relevant experience or qualifications is needed.

We know for a fact, MarkShot was not a beta tester for AE. How many other Matrix published games has he also not been a beta tester for. That being the factual case, is he really entitled to claim to be a Matrix Beta since 2003 (see post #4) for that strongly implies he has been a beta tester on all games published by Matrix since 2003. An interesting legal question thereby arises whether in certain jurisdictions he has broken the law by deliberately misrepresenting himself.

3. Nor what are the rewards.

Clearly being a Matrix beta is not considered by the company to mean they are a staff member. Matrix Staff Members receive remuneration from the company, as well as being clearly recognised as such on their avatar. To the best of my knowledge, there is no remuneration paid to game beta testers, unless one is to argue that the early game playing experience together with perhaps a free copy of the game (which they get anyway else they can't do their testing) constitutes proper remuneration from Matrix. Good luck arguing that position in a court of law.

4. psychotic tendencies

A very thinly disguised dig at me. Obviously, coming from a Matrix Beta since 2003, directed at one who isn't, it can't be categorised as being rude. Oh no of course not.

Yet one has the thought, is MarkShot qualified to make such a diagnosis, I mean where did he study, where is he registered to practice, and what exactly is the evidence the diagnosis is based on. Or is it all just a case of self displacement onto others, what the layman would call, "it takes one to know one".

Overall, another lengthy post whose only discernible value seems to lie in impressing the rest of us. Still nothing relevant for the subject matter of this thread or AE in general.

Alfred

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 28
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 12:27:35 PM   
Alfred

quote:

...Could not agree more. And you as well. Glad to have another Matrix vet around here especially one that has been so involved in past games. Hope you don't let the negativity run you off. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Cheers!

So easily gullible. It goes a long way to explaining the nature of your AE forum posts.

Alfred

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 29
RE: What are extended maps? - 11/13/2021 12:34:05 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

Tanaka,

More self promotion.

1. Still no explanation of what a Matrix Beta does.

A Matrix beta certainly isn't a forum moderator. We know who the AE moderators are and their avatar clearly identifies the relevant individual to be moderator. No such identification on your avatar.

Nor is a developer (design, coding, artwork, OOB research etc) of a game published by Matrix have Beta on their avatar. The many AE developers had no distinguishing mark on their avatar; they didn't feel the need for the extra publicity. The AE developers were clearly identified by the quality and nature of their posts over a period of many years. Plus their patching of the earlier classical WITP said enough. Other game developers do have a mark on their avatar but they don't repeat ad nauseam, hey look at me I'm important.

2. Nor how does one achieve Matrix Beta status.

Seems to me all that one has to do to reach this status is to sign up as a beta tester of a Matrix published game. That entails signing a Non Disclosure Agreement. Not much more in the way of any relevant experience or qualifications is needed.

We know for a fact, MarkShot was not a beta tester for AE. How many other Matrix published games has he also not been a beta tester for. That being the factual case, is he really entitled to claim to be a Matrix Beta since 2003 (see post #4) for that strongly implies he has been a beta tester on all games published by Matrix since 2003. An interesting legal question thereby arises whether in certain jurisdictions he has broken the law by deliberately misrepresenting himself.

3. Nor what are the rewards.

Clearly being a Matrix beta is not considered by the company to mean they are a staff member. Matrix Staff Members receive remuneration from the company, as well as being clearly recognised as such on their avatar. To the best of my knowledge, there is no remuneration paid to game beta testers, unless one is to argue that the early game playing experience together with perhaps a free copy of the game (which they get anyway else they can't do their testing) constitutes proper remuneration from Matrix. Good luck arguing that position in a court of law.

4. psychotic tendencies

A very thinly disguised dig at me. Obviously, coming from a Matrix Beta since 2003, directed at one who isn't, it can't be categorised as being rude. Oh no of course not.

Yet one has the thought, is MarkShot qualified to make such a diagnosis, I mean where did he study, where is he registered to practice, and what exactly is the evidence the diagnosis is based on. Or is it all just a case of self displacement onto others, what the layman would call, "it takes one to know one".

Overall, another lengthy post whose only discernible value seems to lie in impressing the rest of us. Still nothing relevant for the subject matter of this thread or AE in general.

Alfred

Thank you Alfred. I recognize your knowledge and value to this forum and I thank you for your many contributions.

Where is Nemo when he could be useful for something like this?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> What are extended maps? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI