Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? - 11/15/2021 3:03:45 PM   
bighinvegas

Is the reason that the Russian tank units will not substitute any other tank for a T-60 (when there are hundreds of other models sitting in the pools) because the T-60 is a "Recon tank" and not a light tank or cavalry tank? Is any other Russian tank listed as a recon tank (other than perhaps T-70's)?
In September 41 I have 53 separate tank battalions, plus brigades and regiments in the Soviet reserves waiting for T-60's that are not going to be manufactured until October. Then the few T-60's that go into the pools get parceled out in dribs and drabs never filling out any one unit in particular. I wish I could set TOE to zero for all but one or two of the units in reserve.

Can the editor be used to change T-60 to a light tank and would that help?

I picture some Russian commander saying "it's such a shame we can't use any of the tanks sitting idle here because Comrade Stalin says we must wait for the new T-60 model."
Post #: 1
RE: No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? - 11/15/2021 3:14:04 PM   
panzer51

Yeah you can use editor to change that. Just make sure you also update acceptable substitutions for "Recon" and "light" tanks.

(in reply to bighinvegas)
Post #: 2
RE: No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? - 11/15/2021 4:08:54 PM   
bighinvegas

Is that going to work in an existing email game?

(in reply to panzer51)
Post #: 3
RE: No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? - 11/15/2021 5:03:22 PM   
tonyhnz

Don't know the answer to your last question but I do know there are a bunch of issues filling out the tank division TOE's at the start of the game including some of the so called reinforcement divisions you get which start on the map with only 30% toe or so.
I think it was mentioned in an AAR that the tank division TOE's are initially very large and the situation improves a little later after their TOE's are slimmed down.

(in reply to bighinvegas)
Post #: 4
RE: No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? - 11/15/2021 5:27:06 PM   
Denniss

you can't edit data of an ongoing game

(in reply to tonyhnz)
Post #: 5
RE: No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? - 11/17/2021 1:19:56 PM   
Bertram

What you *can* do is set one or two of the units in the reserve box to "refit" (they get a green corner - units you "buy" start out like this). Those units get filled out first, preventing the AI from adding one or two tnaks to each unit.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> No substitutes for T-60 because it is a Recon tank? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI