Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: T10

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: T10 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 12:26:38 AM   
jubjub

Turn 10 North: All quite on the Northern Front.

Center: Germans push some weak mobile units through the gap between Central and Southwestern Fronts. Can't do much about it.

South: Southwestern Front largely left alone. Takes a parting shot at a Hungarian cavalry brigade. Probably not worth the risk, but it works out.

If I hadn't attacked those infantry divisions two turns ago, the attack on the 9th Panzer division likely succeeds.

Moscow: Germans cross the river in front of Rzhev - don't know what it's called and don't really care lol. They actually take Rzhev this turn, which is unfortunate. Probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to make a city fort here. Progress elsewhere is limited - haven't seen the panzers for a few turns.

< Message edited by jubjub -- 10/30/2021 12:41:54 AM >

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 61
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 12:53:09 AM   
jubjub

Looks like I forgot to take screenshots of turn 11, but you can see from HYLA's perspective that he brings the panzers out of hiding and surrounds a bunch of stuff near Moscow. The 37 units surrounded is not great for the Red Army, but it's a little less impressive when you realize that around 11 of them took two turns to encircle. He didn't get any of my tank or mechanized divisions, so I highly doubt all of the pockets hold this turn either.

Hopefully I can get a save from Joel and see how things look after HYLA's turn. With rain commencing in a turn or two, and 4-5 turns to go before heavy rain, there is zero chance of encircling Moscow by October. It took 4 turns to go 5 hexes towards Moscow, and with worsening weather and extended logistics, I doubt his army will be in any position to cross the Moskva river. Not only that, but I would sacrifice the rest of Russia to keep Moscow. It's a shame we won't be able to see who's right.

I will also add that the Western Front was absolutely shafted during turn 12 because HYLA waited so long for the AHQ patch and didn't tell me his intentions beforehand. The entire front lost its AHQ status and each army became 8 Command points over-encumbered. I'm sure this contributed to the progress the Germans were able to make on turn 12. I would need to get the save back to confirm though.

< Message edited by jubjub -- 10/30/2021 12:57:26 AM >

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 62
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:05:06 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

Looks like I forgot to take screenshots of turn 11, but you can see from HYLA's perspective that he brings the panzers out of hiding and surrounds a bunch of stuff near Moscow. The 37 units surrounded is not great for the Red Army, but it's a little less impressive when you realize that around 11 of them took two turns to encircle. He didn't get any of my tank or mechanized divisions, so I highly doubt all of the pockets hold this turn either.

Hopefully I can get a save from Joel and see how things look after HYLA's turn. With rain commencing in a turn or two, and 4-5 turns to go before heavy rain, there is zero chance of encircling Moscow by October. It took 4 turns to go 5 hexes towards Moscow, and with worsening weather and extended logistics, I doubt his army will be in any position to cross the Moskva river. Not only that, but I would sacrifice the rest of Russia to keep Moscow. It's a shame we won't be able to see who's right.

I will also add that the Western Front was absolutely shafted during turn 12 because HYLA waited so long for the AHQ patch and didn't tell me his intentions beforehand. The entire front lost its AHQ status and each army became 8 Command points over-encumbered. I'm sure this contributed to the progress the Germans were able to make on turn 12. I would need to get the save back to confirm though.

I know you read my AAR's it is posted there. You could have asked. I also sent you a few PM's/Emails, even praising your defense, but there was never a reply back from you. I is unfortunate the communication line had broken down. BUT I had already finished 98% of my moves & attacks before updating to patch .15. So you were not shafted when I attacked over the whole map. I believe I had 2 maybe 3 total across the map after the patch that I forgot.

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 10/30/2021 1:06:06 AM >

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 63
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:09:16 AM   
jubjub

quote:

I know you read my AAR's it is posted there. You could have asked. I also sent you a few PM's/Emails, even praising your defense, but there was never a reply back from you. I is unfortunate the communication line had broken down. BUT I had already finished 98% of my moves & attacks so you were not shafted when I attacked over the whole map. I believe I had 2 maybe 3 total across the map after the patch that I forgot.

Fair, that's my bad. Based on the timing of your AAR posts, I assumed a decent portion of the turn took place after the patch went through.

< Message edited by jubjub -- 10/30/2021 1:11:56 AM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 64
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:21:05 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

I know you read my AAR's it is posted there. You could have asked. I also sent you a few PM's/Emails, even praising your defense, but there was never a reply back from you. I is unfortunate the communication line had broken down. BUT I had already finished 98% of my moves & attacks so you were not shafted when I attacked over the whole map. I believe I had 2 maybe 3 total across the map after the patch that I forgot.

Fair, that's my bad. Based on the timing of your AAR posts, I assumed a decent portion of the turn took place after the patch went through.

I really do try to be fair about things. That is why I didn't call for a stop of GA by you. I thought it was fair and not overly bad on our game. BTW people should follow your example on how to bomb if they don't know. You are very good with the Soviet Airforce.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 65
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:24:44 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

As for the other mentions I am more than happy to be wrong about taking Moscow. It is all about your units anyway and would be more than happy to gobble up 20-40 more Divisions before Dec. As for the 37 Divisions the only hope, that I can see, of the Soviets having a chance of liberating units is in the South of 11 units. The other pockets are sealed pretty well unless you can move 44+ point hexes in front of Moscow. Not saying it can't be done but could be problematic if too bloody. The other pocket around Rhzev is a 3 hex deep push with minimum Soviets around. But who knows.

Post #: 66
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:32:05 AM   
jubjub

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

I really do try to be fair about things. That is why I didn't call for a stop of GA by you. I thought it was fair and not overly bad on our game. BTW people should follow your example on how to bomb if they don't know. You are very good with the Soviet Airforce.

Thanks, I'm about to work on a post about how to maximize the VVS and Luftwaffe in the War Room to teach people how to live with the current system instead of endlessly calling for changes. Hopefully, this will raise everyone's abilities and keep people from benching their entire air force. I'm sure the devs had heard enough from me, and if they're not convinced by now, I probably won't be able to change their minds. I think I've been at least somewhat convincing anyway.

Post #: 67
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:38:02 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks, I'm about to work on a post about how to maximize the VVS and Luftwaffe in the War Room to teach people how to live with the current system instead of endlessly calling for changes. Hopefully, this will raise everyone's abilities and keep people from benching their entire air force. I'm sure the devs had heard enough from me, and if they're not convinced by now, I probably won't be able to change their minds. I think I've been at least somewhat convincing anyway.

I am with you Sir, but they are listening :) The Devs have priorities and it is a few of them with a plate overflowing to get done. But when they get it done it will be done right with the info we provide them. You have contributed a great deal of VERY good knowledge and I know many have picked up on it. I hope many more look at your words you have spoken since you are a treasure trove of excellent playing knowledge and skill in game.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 68
RE: T10 - 10/30/2021 1:39:35 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am with you Sir, but they are listening :) The Devs have priorities and it is a few of them with a plate overflowing to get done. But when they get it done it will be done right with the info we provide them. You have contributed a great deal of VERY good knowledge and I know many have picked up on it. I hope many more look at your words you have spoken since you are a treasure trove of excellent playing knowledge and skill in game.

That AS post you posted was

Post #: 69
RE: jubjub (Soviet) vs HYLA (Axis) '41 Grand Campaign - 11/16/2021 9:54:43 AM   
heymann2323

WoW

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: T10 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI