Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 7/1/2021 9:36:23 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akrakorn

Hey Vic, loving the new updates! A few of us were wondering if it would be possible to include support for alliances, such as being able to walk into the allied player's borders and fight alongside them. I seem to remember that at some point you answered that it wasn't really feasible in the current engine as a lot of things would need to be refactored, but we're not exactly sure so we figured we'd ask anyway.

quote:

ORIGINAL: redrum68

+1 on alliances and team games. It would be really cool addition. Though I'm guessing the logistics side might be a bit challenging to implement.

Mostly I am the one explaining it would be impossible and Vic has not yet said differently, so I asume it still holds.

Currently the game is designed around a simple asumption: Only one player can have units in a hex, and the player that has units there is always a owner.
Even fringe cases like Rebels spawning in a city and starting a combat will resolve to 1 hex/1 player.
This allowed the taking of a lot of shortcuts and untangling them would be a lot of work.

And after that, we then have to deal with questions like:
- how will those units get supply?
- would it require players bulding in each others terrain?
- could the AI actually hope to support the players moving units?
- If player A is in the territory of Player B, can he attack player C?
- Who will get the land on progress?

Paradox has been trying to solve those particulary isues since forever. And even with them using some pretty primitive supply systems, the other questions are still a ongoing work.

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 901
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 7/2/2021 11:48:32 PM   
Daza99

In a way perhaps a short term solution could be based upon what already is in the game. Like when you take over a minor regime its soldiers are now yours. So what about if Player A could transfer X units to Player B that will be fully under Player B command. This could be done much like we currently can send Colonists to a city. There could be a screen where you have two windows, much like trading screens in other games, and you move troops from one window and how many to the other. Perhaps the other player has to have at least one road connected to your LIS network for this to work? The transferred units could appear at the SHQ1 of the other player or closest border.

Another method that could be also added for times you want to give a few units close by, is move them into other players zone (not sure if we can move units through allied players zone?) and in Unit Transfer screen where you can assign a new HQ the other players SHQ1 could be listed (once they become allies in the game). And that player will have instant control over them, without need for them to be sent anywhere. They could be transferred back again later if need be, like if they are GR units and they are on loan.

Also being able to transfer or trade items would be cool too, like being able to set the price to 0 if your friend is in the red cash wise and they need a ton of metal to rebuild their army or what not. I presume this currently isn't possible?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 902
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 7/3/2021 7:00:51 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

In a way perhaps a short term solution could be based upon what already is in the game. Like when you take over a minor regime its soldiers are now yours. So what about if Player A could transfer X units to Player B that will be fully under Player B command.

Of course, Volunteers and Expeditionary Forces.
Why did I not think about that? HOI 4 has both and they should be copyable:
https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Warfare#Volunteers_and_expeditionary_forces

The game could even benefit from a "Lend-Lease" approach, where they use your gear for you.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/3/2021 7:02:01 PM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 903
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 7/12/2021 4:18:56 AM   
Dan1911

Loved the bunkers! Game was lacking options in static defenses

Edit: word got lost lol

< Message edited by Dan1911 -- 7/12/2021 4:22:52 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 904
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 8/1/2021 2:51:33 AM   
solops

Had to stop playing about turn 503 due to turn processing crash. Anxiously awaiting next update.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Dan1911)
Post #: 905
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 8/5/2021 3:27:29 PM   
Vic

A tiny patch .07 made to try to address some crashes reported.
Its tiny since i am still on holiday.
Will be back in office 1st of sep.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to aperfecturkel)
Post #: 906
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 8/5/2021 3:28:04 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

Had to stop playing about turn 503 due to turn processing crash. Anxiously awaiting next update.

Truly never expected anyone to reach round 500.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 907
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 10/18/2021 9:33:19 AM   
Haplo

Hi. Playing the last beta, the private sector is making a great investment in an ice mine asset (upgrading to level III, 4.500 credits more or less) but there is only 16 tons of water there. It's not a bug per se but something is wrong if the private sector is doing a great effort in a mine that is going to be depleted in the next turn.

< Message edited by Haplo -- 10/18/2021 10:46:06 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 908
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 10/26/2021 5:04:17 AM   
Don_Kiyote

Hello. Im loving the game, and appreciate the work and thought that has gone in to it.

I may have found a bug, but I'm playing on the GoG version (1.09). Still, there is no mention of this bug in the patch notes, so I'll go ahead and mention it here.

It looks like another Air Force OHQ omission, but rather than supply, this is political. In the game, political parties, such as the Armed Republican Front (ARF) in my case, have their happiness determined in part by the number of party members holding positions in each of three sectors of the government: Zone Administration, Government Counsel(?), and Military Hierarchy. This can be seen in the Factions Overview of the Reports tab

Air OHQ commanders should count towards a party's presence in the Military Hierarchy sector, but they don't seem to be. There are three Air OHQ commanders from the ARF from a total of seven total Military positions; 3 Air, 3 Army, and 1 SHQ; where there are four political parties in the regime. But the ARF shows a happiness penalty and a 'weak' presence in this sector.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything. I can post a screenshot of the Factions Overview if this isn't clear, but i dont have one at the moment.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 909
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) - 10/26/2021 12:22:14 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don_Kiyote

Hello. Im loving the game, and appreciate the work and thought that has gone in to it.

I may have found a bug, but I'm playing on the GoG version (1.09). Still, there is no mention of this bug in the patch notes, so I'll go ahead and mention it here.

It looks like another Air Force OHQ omission, but rather than supply, this is political. In the game, political parties, such as the Armed Republican Front (ARF) in my case, have their happiness determined in part by the number of party members holding positions in each of three sectors of the government: Zone Administration, Government Counsel(?), and Military Hierarchy. This can be seen in the Factions Overview of the Reports tab

Air OHQ commanders should count towards a party's presence in the Military Hierarchy sector, but they don't seem to be. There are three Air OHQ commanders from the ARF from a total of seven total Military positions; 3 Air, 3 Army, and 1 SHQ; where there are four political parties in the regime. But the ARF shows a happiness penalty and a 'weak' presence in this sector.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything. I can post a screenshot of the Factions Overview if this isn't clear, but i dont have one at the moment.

In lack of a proper place, we generally put Bug reports in the Tech Support Forum. Consider including the version in the title.

(in reply to Don_Kiyote)
Post #: 910
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/16/2021 1:16:04 PM   
Vic

Bump!
New version.

Post #: 911
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.10 (last update 16 nov) - 11/16/2021 5:58:50 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

-Preventing some -1 entry in the

I think you had a error writing about the fix for a error

quote:

-You can now specify to do no research with the research target decision

But does that mean BP are tansfered to discovery?
And will there be regular queries "you sure that is what you still want"?

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 11/16/2021 5:59:04 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 912
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/16/2021 6:25:42 PM   
Dan1911

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Bump!
New version.

Nice starting a new game after a long hiatus

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 913
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.10 (last update 16 nov) - 11/17/2021 11:51:16 AM   
mroyer

quote:

I think you had a error writing about the fix for a error

I think the beta version number is wrong as well - I think it should be v1.09.10, not v1.10. Unless I'm misunderstanding the pattern, the first/second digits are the main matrix-version release over which the third-digit beta-patch is installed.

Fairly trivial, actually. I think we'll all figure it out

-Mark R.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 914
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.10 (last update 16 nov) - 11/18/2021 8:02:44 AM   
Vic

Nope I am preparing for a new official patch v1.10. Once I got this one stable it will become the default version.

best,
Vic

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 915
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.10 (last update 16 nov) - 11/18/2021 9:05:28 AM   
mroyer

quote:

Nope I am preparing for a new official patch v1.10. Once I got this one stable it will become the default version.

best,
Vic

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 916
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.10 (last update 16 nov) - 11/19/2021 10:54:31 AM   
Coin

quote:

best,
Vic

Hurray, thanks Vic!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 917
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/19/2021 11:15:01 AM   
Vic

bump! Fixed a number of bugs and some small things. hope this one is more stable. please do test ! :)

Post #: 918
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/28/2021 5:13:37 PM   
ruzen

I liked the new map showing during combat engagements but I guess it's a work in progress.
The slowest AI seems a bid faster

but Vic I really wish for a "go-to" button for decisions and etc.
Finding things in the late game is really frustrating.
and even when it shows on rare occasions the HUD prevents for me to see it, maybe a more distinguished color or effect to really make the hex glow so that we could see it.
or maybe a "find" feature via text so the camera snaps to the location ( I suppose it would be harder to do)
at the bigger planets, it's very frustrating:(

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 919
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/30/2021 10:42:29 AM   
Vic

bump. bug fixes. still trying to get to stable v1.10 for general release. please keep testing! we must be almost there now. best wishes,Vic

Post #: 920
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/1/2021 1:25:40 PM   
wbonx

IMO remaking the GUI for the aircrafts design (maybe also for the rest), should get into the next stable release, it is really a game breaker.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 921
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/6/2021 7:30:47 AM   
Elver

Huh. That new little picture on the start screen - is it random, or is it a hint that we might be getting native livestock as another possible food source at some point?

(in reply to wbonx)
Post #: 922
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/13/2021 12:17:10 AM   
mroyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elver

Huh. That new little picture on the start screen - is it random, or is it a hint that we might be getting native livestock as another possible food source at some point?

If I recall correctly, when aliens came out we had a big monster and when air forces came out we had an airplane. No idea what the motorcycle of the last set of betas might represent.

-Mark R.

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 923
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/13/2021 8:21:04 AM   
mattpilot

I'm wondering why there aren't any ammo factories that allow us to produce ammo more 'efficiently' than with the workshop.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 924
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/13/2021 10:04:51 AM   
Culthrasa

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpilot

I'm wondering why there aren't any ammo factories that allow us to produce ammo more 'efficiently' than with the workshop.

In my recent game, I came to exactly the same conclusion! :) +1 for the suggestion!

(in reply to mattpilot)
Post #: 925
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/15/2021 7:03:47 PM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: Culthrasa

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpilot

In my recent game, I came to exactly the same conclusion! :) +1 for the suggestion!

I kinda like the system as it is. It cuts down on the MM and yet is still dependent on the factories built.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Culthrasa)
Post #: 926
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/16/2021 2:23:47 PM   
Vic

bump! Fixed yet another bug. ETA for open beta to become the release version is start of january.

Post #: 927
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/26/2021 6:20:35 PM   
Arralen

Game/Map generation still gives me trouble:

Map below is the result of
- unclassified planet
- medium size
- "spread out"
- city state start
- quick planet gen

* 6 major nations in the upper left quadrant of the map, 1 minor nation between, rest of the map empty.
* Map is -35°C, but is said to have "cloud forest" as main vegetation?
* shows desert zone at the equator ... why - if there is any rainfall, its at the equator?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Arralen -- 12/26/2021 6:22:05 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 928
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/26/2021 6:50:05 PM   
Arralen

2nd try:

-same map settings

* i started near the equator, 4 majors are started strung up along the lower map edge, 1 at the upper edge, 22 minors fairly spread out.
* planet should have winter/summer only with 33°C const. in the torpics, -11°C ... 5°C in the artics; yet, I am sitting a bit below the equator at 40°C, neighbouring hex is 42°C.
* strangely, the open water hexes are nearer to the equator than to the poles ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 929
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/28/2021 8:35:26 AM   
Don_Kiyote

In my opinion, most games could use a better map generator.

@Arralen, You are correct that some of the information and geography is hard to reconcile with our expectations of an alien planetology. But in my experience, the maps plays well enough, even in my 1.09 version. I would go further and say the generator actually works quite well, seen purely in game terms. It may seem unrealistic sometimes, but it consistently generates interesting and playable maps.

(low-key bump for a 'Sphere' update)

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.09.06 (last update 28 june) Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI