Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs teleporting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs teleporting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs tele... - 11/19/2021 7:32:30 PM   
maverick3320

*Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude (particularly the F5s and Mirage 2000s in the center of the scenario map). F5s would not fly below 4000 feet even over the ocean; Mirage 2000 would go down to 1600 ASL and then repeatedly "bounce" back up to 2400 ASL.

*Subs are teleporting all over the place in both location and depth.

*Ships are having difficulty navigating anywhere, as they simply "wobble" instead of moving along the directed path.

*Aircraft randomly "hopping up" in altitude when they go near minimum altitude (gaining +800 feet in second when not directed to climb).

Save attached.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/19/2021 8:40:50 PM   
Dimitris

Can you please be more specific?

(in reply to maverick3320)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/19/2021 10:14:11 PM   
thewood1

I loaded the save in 1147.36. I issued no commends and made no changes.

As soon as I hit start, I followed one Mirage 2000 that immediately went from high altitude to 3oo ft and stayed there.

Followed a couple F-5s that stayed at 36k ft RTB

Followed some other F-5s engaged in attacking a ship and its altitude was dropping while it attacked.

Followed an SSN and a minisub. Both had manual speed and depth and stayed there.

Can you point to specific units?

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/21/2021 9:48:30 AM   
morphin

Please have a look at the exception logfile in the logs. directory and upload it also

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/24/2021 12:03:35 AM   
maverick3320

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Can you please be more specific?

On which part? My (and the enemy) subs are literally "skipping" around the map. One second they are in one location, the next second they are 200km away. Most subs seem to be on the surface; when ordered to dive, my sub will not go below 10 feet depth.

Ships won't go faster than 1 kt; they simply "wobble" back and forth approximately in a 90 degree arc, and their pathfinding immediately changes to all dotted lines.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/24/2021 12:14:22 AM   
thewood1

Can you create a video of that. When I load it up, the subs I can see seem normal.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to maverick3320)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/24/2021 5:15:17 PM   
BDukes

Using .35

The biologics within the Persian gulf seem the most problematic. You'll see the navigator logic has been activated and lots of broken lines. I'm not seeing teleporting but lots of jiggling and Shamu not working it out. Wasn't the teleporting thing a get out of the weird edgecase navigation jam thing back in the day? Could that be what the OP is seeing?

Mike

< Message edited by BDukes -- 11/24/2021 5:16:06 PM >

Don't call it a comeback...

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/24/2021 9:34:10 PM   
BDukes

Ok found something. Looks like at the scenario level.

If you jump to the biologics side all the units are assigned to missions are ASuW ground mission. You can't change the navigation type in the ROE's so they always go shortest. I created a ASuW naval mission and left the nav ROE to shortest route and the biologics didn't seem to have trouble. So think fixing that might address that immediate concern. Big picture is there are cases where you'd want a ship unit assigned to a ground mission (naval bombardment, missile strikes). I think sub and surface units probably should be excluded from the land until terrain check logic or whatever is causing the navigator to go bonkshit.

Mike

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 11/24/2021 9:53:03 PM   
BDukes

Bad news. This seems to be an issue with subs assigned to plotted courses as well. Assign to a mission with the sea navigation options and you don't see the nav code dotted line jam ups.This is in .36

Mike

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs ... - 12/21/2021 8:51:26 AM   
jannas34

don't think this is ever getting fixed lol

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Aircraft refusing to fly at minimum altitude, subs teleporting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI