Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/19/2021 8:25:34 PM   
Agathosdaimon

Hi!
so i have been greatly enjoying football strat sims of late, ones old and new and I recalled there was a title at the matrix games store. Sadly Maximum Football 2.0 looks to be discontinued. I have been searching ebay for a while for it but no results ever.

Would there be still someone one can find this title? or any existing copies still somewhere? If someone has a copy i am interested in purchasing it! :)
Post #: 1
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/19/2021 9:08:33 PM   
wodin

Go check Legend Bowl, it's great fun playing as coach. Also check Sunday Rivals.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 2
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/19/2021 9:49:30 PM   
Agathosdaimon

thanks for the suggestions, actually there seem to be a lot of football sims on steam , far more than i was aware of

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/23/2021 12:48:09 PM   
wodin

I haven't much of a clue about American Football except the very basics but I'm loving Legend Bowl.

Post #: 4
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/23/2021 9:49:08 PM   
Agathosdaimon

yes i still cant get my head around all the rules and how exactly one determines the right play to use, but i am learning and its fascinating. Moreso the strategy sim football games rather than the action ones where i would control the player.

It is far more elaborate than the type of football i am familiar with here in australia, it has so much emphasis on executing plays perfecting and every little action has its own term and it seems like every little inch of ground fought for gets some recognition. It looks like an actually pc military strategy game being played out at times.

I have been playing some of the older games like Micro Sports "NFL Pro League Football" and 'Tom Landry Strategy Football' recently - there is a new version of the Tom Landry game on steam i found too called "Pro Strategy Football"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/26/2021 12:00:32 PM   
kam99

I tried Legend Bowl based on wodin's recommendation and tried to play it in Coach mode. I found the UI far too clunky and difficult, particularly with a keyboard and mouse. I only want to play in Coach mode. I am currently looking at Pro Strategy Football 2022 and am very tempted to try it.

Post #: 6
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/26/2021 5:03:00 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

yes i still cant get my head around all the rules and how exactly one determines the right play to use, but i am learning and its fascinating. Moreso the strategy sim football games rather than the action ones where i would control the player.

It is far more elaborate than the type of football i am familiar with here in australia, it has so much emphasis on executing plays perfecting and every little action has its own term and it seems like every little inch of ground fought for gets some recognition. It looks like an actually pc military strategy game being played out at times.

I have been playing some of the older games like Micro Sports "NFL Pro League Football" and 'Tom Landry Strategy Football' recently - there is a new version of the Tom Landry game on steam i found too called "Pro Strategy Football"

Then you will enjoy Legend Bowl in Coach Mode

Post #: 7
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/26/2021 5:05:09 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: kam99

I tried Legend Bowl based on wodin's recommendation and tried to play it in Coach mode. I found the UI far too clunky and difficult, particularly with a keyboard and mouse. I only want to play in Coach mode. I am currently looking at Pro Strategy Football 2022 and am very tempted to try it.

That's ashame. Mouse isn't used it's keyboard based. You do soon learn the key controls.

Sunday Rivals is bringing out a coach mode next update, maybe that would suit better. Again though shame you didn't stick with LB and learn the keys.

< Message edited by wodin -- 11/26/2021 5:06:39 PM >

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 8
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/26/2021 9:55:47 PM   
demyansk

Are any of the American football games have real players? Not made up teams?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/27/2021 5:01:38 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Are any of the American football games have real players? Not made up teams?

A quick mod and easy install makes Legend Bowl have proper real life teams.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 10
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/27/2021 6:43:56 AM   
kam99

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: kam99

That's ashame. Mouse isn't used it's keyboard based. You do soon learn the key controls.

Sunday Rivals is bringing out a coach mode next update, maybe that would suit better. Again though shame you didn't stick with LB and learn the keys.

Thanks wodin. I will keep an eye on LB. I may have been too hasty in dismissing it, but I was keeping an eye on my play time so I could refund it.

< Message edited by kam99 -- 11/27/2021 6:46:29 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/27/2021 7:23:25 AM   
wodin

There is also a mod that does drafts and new contracts etc.

I just love watching my team..

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 12
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/27/2021 12:14:09 PM   
kam99

quote:

There is also a mod that does drafts and new contracts etc.

I just love watching my team..

You win wodin, I'm buying it again! :-)

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 13
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/27/2021 11:37:50 PM   
wodin

Actually Sunday Rivals also looks great fun. Maybe more accessible than LB. Also has a recent Coach mode. Check out the massive recent Playbook patch\update.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1297790/Sunday_Rivals/

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 14
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/28/2021 7:37:50 AM   
kam99

quote:

Actually Sunday Rivals also looks great fun. Maybe more accessible than LB. Also has a recent Coach mode. Check out the massive recent Playbook patch\update.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1297790/Sunday_Rivals/

Many thanks again. The graphics on SR certainly look a lot better. The forum is quieter than LB's though. It is also not totally clear to me whether SR has a full coach mode?

Have you played both Jason? Which do you prefer playing as coach?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 11/28/2021 8:55:52 AM   
wodin

yeah SR now has a coach mode introduced in a patch early this month.

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 16
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 12/1/2021 1:56:03 AM   
CharlieTill

Thank you for the reply, I want to buy it, too.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 17
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 12/1/2021 6:03:35 AM   
kam99

quote:

ORIGINAL: CharlieTill

Thank you for the reply, I want to buy it, too.

Once you get over the dated graphics, the gameplay and depth in Legend Bowl is very good. I play it in Coach mode with the NFL mod.

I don't have Sunday Rivals. I would be very interested in how that compares with Legend Bowl playing it in a similar way.

(in reply to CharlieTill)
Post #: 18
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 12/1/2021 8:56:52 AM   
wodin

I love the retro graphics. Gives it a charm of it's own

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 19
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 1/7/2022 2:11:35 AM   
Agathosdaimon

Sorry, i am just going to post here again - just thought I will try again with the query whether anyone has a copy of Maximum Football 2.0 to sell, as I still cannot find it anywhere and for that matter cannot find much online on it overall. I prefer these older Football titles to the newer ones

am also looking for the 1993 edition of All American College Football by Dave Holt/ Micro Sports Inc, if anyone has that to sell too :)

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 20
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 1/8/2022 11:27:05 AM   
demyansk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

Unfortunately, the late John Madden would have been the one to explain the game on Sunday afternoons for the average person. I only played school yard football and in the streets when I was young. As for coaching it, no clue, it’s a sport that requires for the most part, a learning environment under schooled experienced coaches whether as player or assistant coach. Most have played the game at some level. Tom Landry football was a good one, keep at it and you will find the plays that work

Question- do you guys watch the games on Sunday into Australia?

Post #: 21
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? - 1/8/2022 12:37:33 PM   
Agathosdaimon

American football is not on tv over here in Australia, well not on free tv.I can see highlights on youtube, but i mostly am more interested in playing the old sports sims than i am actually watching current games, lol - though the highlights are interesting at least. I got an old guide to understanding American football and it is very helpful

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Maximum Football 2.0 anywhere to buy still? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI