Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some gameplay issues I stumble upon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Some gameplay issues I stumble upon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some gameplay issues I stumble upon - 11/26/2021 8:41:19 AM   
Octavian

After my first playthrough of a small scenario, I come up here with some questions or shall I say irritations:

1. Attacking a german tank unit with an AT Bataillon gave me odds of 2:1 in a ranged attack. Then I added a Headquarter unit (I know, it´s stupid, but doable) and strangely enough: there were no odds displayed anymore and it was said, there is no counterattack to be expected. Something like this I experience quite often in other constellations, too. Can´t make sense out of it. Can you?

2. Sometimes, well quite often, I add units to an attack and get WORSE odds than before. Even with attacking from more sides and all that, this happens. I mean, I understand, that I choose a unit, that is not really suitable for that attack and it will throw in some negative factors, but HOW CAN IT BE THAT THE ODDS BECOME LESS FAVOURABLE when attacking with MORE troops, no matter how badly choosen?

3. In my small scenario I was given truck column cards and I held them back till the last rounds. Then I magically created say 90 trucks in a city near the front and just drove these trucks to VP Cities far from the front, guessing (and being right so) that there were no german units left in these remote cities. I consider this a gamey tactic and don´t like it. What are your experiences with that?

4. I had a very small german unit (10 "Nachtruppen" - a word, that doesn´t exist in German by the way) in a light forest hex. I was unable to throw these 10! guys out of the wood with 200 veteran GI´s with support from mortars etc. for a couple of rounds. It seems odd to me, to have such small units stick around in my rear and not being able to get hold of them with far superior numbers. Is this working as intended?

5. Guys, come on: get the german flag right: its horizontal stripes, not vertical. Hurting my eyes, really.
Post #: 1
RE: Some gameplay issues I stumble upon - 11/26/2021 10:30:29 AM   
comsolut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Octavian

After my first playthrough of a small scenario, I come up here with some questions or shall I say irritations:

1. Attacking a german tank unit with an AT Bataillon gave me odds of 2:1 in a ranged attack. Then I added a Headquarter unit (I know, it´s stupid, but doable) and strangely enough: there were no odds displayed anymore and it was said, there is no counterattack to be expected. Something like this I experience quite often in other constellations, too. Can´t make sense out of it. Can you?

2. Sometimes, well quite often, I add units to an attack and get WORSE odds than before. Even with attacking from more sides and all that, this happens. I mean, I understand, that I choose a unit, that is not really suitable for that attack and it will throw in some negative factors, but HOW CAN IT BE THAT THE ODDS BECOME LESS FAVOURABLE when attacking with MORE troops, no matter how badly choosen?

Lots of possible reasons, adding units from different organization, added units have fewer AP or lower morale, you can overload the number attacking from a direction, are few that come to mind.

3. In my small scenario I was given truck column cards and I held them back till the last rounds. Then I magically created say 90 trucks in a city near the front and just drove these trucks to VP Cities far from the front, guessing (and being right so) that there were no german units left in these remote cities. I consider this a gamey tactic and don´t like it. What are your experiences with that?

4. I had a very small german unit (10 "Nachtruppen" - a word, that doesn´t exist in German by the way) in a light forest hex. I was unable to throw these 10! guys out of the wood with 200 veteran GI´s with support from mortars etc. for a couple of rounds. It seems odd to me, to have such small units stick around in my rear and not being able to get hold of them with far superior numbers. Is this working as intended?

5. Guys, come on: get the german flag right: its horizontal stripes, not vertical. Hurting my eyes, really.

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Some gameplay issues I stumble upon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI