Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion wish list

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Suggestion wish list Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion wish list - 11/19/2021 3:59:10 PM   
budd

Never hurts to have one of these threads.

Here's a few requests after playing 2 small scenarios.

Hotkey for LOS
Hotkey for HQ power[working?]
Map overlay showing hex elevations
Being able to use the stack independent of the mini map

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/19/2021 7:10:06 PM   
Jagger2002

hotkey for artillery range display.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/19/2021 10:14:18 PM   
comsolut

Hot key to put HQs on top of stacks
Hot key to cycle thru artillery units

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/19/2021 10:54:53 PM   
timmyab

I would like the regimental artillery to be marked as artillery on the nato counters. I've lost count of the times I've accidentally moved these units to their doom in previous titles in this series.

< Message edited by timmyab -- 11/19/2021 10:55:31 PM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 7:14:21 AM   
bluescreen

UI + unit scaling without blur

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 12:09:23 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmyab

I would like the regimental artillery to be marked as artillery on the nato counters. I've lost count of the times I've accidentally moved these units to their doom in previous titles in this series.

the 13.Kp (heavy weapons) got a small A on the counter. However, you can look through the available smallgfx counters and change it to your liking. That's one of the features I love abut Vic's games - modding friendly.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 6
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 12:32:32 PM   
comsolut

Highlight key for units with 50 or over remaining APs. Each turn I spent half my time checking for units that can still move or attack. AP circle in stacks hidden and can miss in stack window.

(in reply to bluescreen)
Post #: 7
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 12:44:56 PM   
Nico165b165

A toggle "artillery units only" for range attack.

Most units have range attack capable squads. Often I just want to see who can bombard somewhere while not using AP from nearby ground units. Being able to select only longer range arty units would be easier in the selection box.

< Message edited by Nico165b165 -- 11/20/2021 12:46:49 PM >

(in reply to comsolut)
Post #: 8
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 12:55:46 PM   
timmyab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
the 13.Kp (heavy weapons) got a small A on the counter. However, you can look through the available smallgfx counters and change it to your liking. That's one of the features I love abut Vic's games - modding friendly.

Klink, Oberst

Yes I notice the little A, but alas too late sometimes :) I will mod it if it's a simple job because it stops me using the nato counters which I prefer.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 9
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 1:07:23 PM   
bluescreen

+1 for unit cycling above 50AP

< Message edited by bluescreen -- 11/20/2021 1:08:04 PM >

(in reply to Nico165b165)
Post #: 10
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 3:27:44 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

A toggle "artillery units only" for range attack.

Organizing artillery attacks seems to be the area in which I have the most difficulties with the interface. I do switch to map mode on the ranged attack screen which helps but the units are often so small on my screen that it is difficult to use easily. If only ranged artillery appeared on the map view, that would certainly help. Then back to all units to choose any additional supplemental artillery.

< Message edited by Jagger2002 -- 11/20/2021 3:38:04 PM >

(in reply to bluescreen)
Post #: 11
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/20/2021 3:34:38 PM   
budd

Seems like a hex coordinates map overlay would be good when searching for the hex your taking artillery fire from.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 12
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/21/2021 2:53:54 PM   
zentr

I'd like to see the round/turn number displayed on the top-level GUI, maybe next to the victory points slider at the top.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 13
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/22/2021 4:46:06 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

ORIGINAL: comsolut

Highlight key for units with 50 or over remaining APs. Each turn I spent half my time checking for units that can still move or attack. AP circle in stacks hidden and can miss in stack window.

+1. Also a way to mark a unit as "rest" (or a rest order" if i decided not to move it.
I often forget if a unit still have full AP because i decided to rest it or because i forgot to move it.

(in reply to comsolut)
Post #: 14
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/22/2021 8:04:46 PM   
Gettysburg

+1

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 15
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/23/2021 6:20:52 PM   
altipueri

1. An easier level than Normal. Preferably 2 or 3 easier levels.

2. A map view that I can actually read. It's like I'm wearing sunglasses all the time.

3. Ability to play on scenarios after the "official end" - It's a game - I'm not trying to pass an exam. EDIT - you can play on so my error - thank you Davide

---
Anyway, I did better than Das Tactic on his video. (Just) :)

< Message edited by altipueri -- 11/25/2021 1:36:32 PM >

(in reply to Gettysburg)
Post #: 16
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/25/2021 1:14:03 PM   
nikdav

All scenarios can be played after the official end !
With version 1.0 i added support for more turns, 33 for minor scenarios and 90 for the campaigns !

Davide

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 17
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/25/2021 1:35:43 PM   
altipueri

Thanks Davide I missed that in the gloom of defeat.

I've edited my bleat for more time !

-----

Great scenarios by the way - thank you.

< Message edited by altipueri -- 11/25/2021 1:37:28 PM >

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 18
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/25/2021 2:26:38 PM   
MrClock

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

Being able to use the stack independent of the mini map
[/size]

+1

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 19
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/25/2021 5:39:59 PM   
Stelteck

Another thing : I have difficulty to evaluate and display the entire situation of a grand campaign (with the big map).

If you zoom out at maximum, it is difficult to see which part are your and which parts are ennemies (of course, assume control).

If you display the global mini map, it is really ugly, there is no unit displayed, only HQ and it is really, really ugly.

I would really like to see your terrain and the ennemy terrain displayed with a more meaningfull color, especially at max zoom out.

The best layer i found is the supply one, because Green bright supply is definitely your side of map, but you can miss some parts of your troops.

I'am frustrated by the lack of ability of the high level maps to help me plan the movement of my divisions.

Last, i would really like to be able to search for a "town" or "village" by name, because i try to compare my movements to the historical offensive, and it is difficult to find in the map the many strange names in the area.
Bullange was captured with a full depot the 17 december, where is bullange ????? Etc...

I find the map beautifull at low level, but difficult to read and confusing at high level (max zoom out). Maybe a different type of map would have been needed at high level.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 11/25/2021 5:48:57 PM >

(in reply to MrClock)
Post #: 20
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/25/2021 7:14:55 PM   
carll11

Yes, as mentioned, the arty or ranged interface seems , well not intuitive, in that I'd like to choose only a specific divs or brigades assets, the tiny counters have me inevitably using arty I'd like to use in sppt of other attacks elsewhere for their units.

Also, the AI is ....gamey sending armour units especially, off on hussar charges around flanks into territory it has no hope of defending, getting itself out of supply etc etc..

Annnnnnnnd , it took 3 healthy, supplied german inf bns 6 turns to destroy a surrounded US arm unit of 18 shermans...seems iffy

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 21
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/25/2021 8:32:02 PM   
loutro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Another thing : I have difficulty to evaluate and display the entire situation of a grand campaign (with the big map).

If you zoom out at maximum, it is difficult to see which part are your and which parts are ennemies (of course, assume control).

If you display the global mini map, it is really ugly, there is no unit displayed, only HQ and it is really, really ugly.

I would really like to see your terrain and the ennemy terrain displayed with a more meaningfull color, especially at max zoom out.

The best layer i found is the supply one, because Green bright supply is definitely your side of map, but you can miss some parts of your troops.

I'am frustrated by the lack of ability of the high level maps to help me plan the movement of my divisions.

Last, i would really like to be able to search for a "town" or "village" by name, because i try to compare my movements to the historical offensive, and it is difficult to find in the map the many strange names in the area.
Bullange was captured with a full depot the 17 december, where is bullange ????? Etc...

I find the map beautifull at low level, but difficult to read and confusing at high level (max zoom out). Maybe a different type of map would have been needed at high level.

This. I started with boardgames. But in the 35 years of computer gaming...what I miss the most is the ability to walk around the table and view the map from every angle.

With the current map and the inability to zoom in or out at any percentage, I have great difficulty planning my strategy. It's either too close in or too far out. Having spent the last year playing WITE / WITE2, I find this map hard to use.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 22
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/26/2021 6:52:03 AM   
nikdav

If the flag screenshot is on (pref tab), you can find a full map for each turn in the screenshot folder. Very useful as planning map.

Davide

(in reply to loutro)
Post #: 23
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/26/2021 7:14:08 AM   
JacquesDeLalaing

1. Ability to zoom in and out in "Histoy Mode" map.
2. Hotkeys to turn hex grid and Fog of War on/off.
3. Recon overlay: color hexes in which your effective recon score supersedes the hexes' hide score yellow (if +20 green).
4. Is it on purpose that indirectly firing artillery units only receive a LOS-Bonus from their very own LOS quality on target, not that of friendly units? I mean it still makes sense to recon the enemy because you can only hit those enemy elements you have actually spotted?

Some nitpicks I think I found, mainly regarding wrong information in the manual or tooltips:
a. The hitpoints bonus for Probes seems to be only +50%, not +150% as it is stated by the tooltip. I think this might be an oversight since Recon in Force indeed gives +66%
b. A pinned hit only causes the loss of 25% of the individuals' readiness, not 50% as stated in the manual (50% is for retreat hits).
c. A unit's weight is multiplied by 5 for traffic points. The manual suggests its *1.
d. Staff XP is divided by 2 to calculate the staff's combat bonus (manual doesn't mention that). [EDIT: It was political staff, so that's okay! However, I noticed that the Off:Stf Ratio had no effect on the combat bonus?]

< Message edited by JacquesDeLalaing -- 11/28/2021 4:02:54 PM >

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 24
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/26/2021 7:42:24 PM   
loutro

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikdav

If the flag screenshot is on (pref tab), you can find a full map for each turn in the screenshot folder. Very useful as planning map.

Davide

I took the first turn screenshot of the campaign and printed it onto 13"x19" (A3?) photo paper. Things are really small, but at least I can look at the whole map.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 25
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/27/2021 6:48:44 AM   
Rosseau

quote:

ORIGINAL: JacquesDeLalaing

1. Ability to zoom in and out in "Histoy Mode" map.
2. Hotkeys to turn hex grid and Fog of War on/off.
3. Recon overlay: color hexes in which your effective recon score supersedes the hexes' hide score yellow (if +20 green).
4. Is it on purpose that indirectly firing artillery units only receive a LOS-Bonus from their very own LOS quality on target, not that of friendly units? I mean it still makes sense to recon the enemy because you can only hit those enemy elements you have actually spotted?

Some nitpicks I think I found, mainly regarding wrong information in the manual or tooltips:
a. The hitpoints bonus for Probes seems to be only +50%, not +150% as it is stated by the tooltip. I think this might be an oversight since Recon in Force indeed gives +66%
b. A pinned hit only causes the loss of 25% of the individuals' readiness, not 50% as stated in the manual (50% is for retreat hits).
c. A unit's weight is multiplied by 5 for traffic points. The manual suggests its *1.
d. Staff XP is divided by 2 to calculate the staff's combat bonus (manual doesn't mention that).

quote:

e

These are indeed nitpicks, but interesting ones nonetheless. Thanks for posting. I will assume what is posted here are valid observations unless Jacques stands corrected by the devs.

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 26
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/27/2021 10:35:06 AM   
JacquesDeLalaing

I also noticed that the detailed hex information tooltip lists combat mali (off atk/def atk) for infantry in all kinds of terrain, most of which is totally wrong (judging from the detailed combat reports). There is another table in the manual (p. 102) which also seems to be incorrect in many instances.

< Message edited by JacquesDeLalaing -- 12/21/2021 12:28:48 AM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 27
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/27/2021 10:41:02 AM   
kosmoface

Uhm, is there a list with all the Hotkeys? Could not find one in the manual.

How can I switch of all Icons on the map?

< Message edited by kosmoface -- 11/27/2021 10:54:00 AM >

Post #: 28
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/27/2021 11:03:14 AM   
JacquesDeLalaing

quote:

ORIGINAL: kosmoface
How can I switch of all Icons on the map?

Hotkey "0"

(in reply to kosmoface)
Post #: 29
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/27/2021 11:04:29 AM   
Krupinski

Please - not Stuka-sound for allied air attack!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Suggestion wish list Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI