Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suppy Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Suppy Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suppy Help - 11/27/2021 7:47:10 AM   
jzardos

A few things I am struggling with

- hotkey to show just terrain (want to see supply dumps/sources)?

- where to place trucks? If using the axis card for it.

- does using roads for moving units effect the ability to get supply to them the next supply phase?

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Suppy Help - 11/27/2021 8:13:51 AM   
JacquesDeLalaing

I think I can answer the third question:

- Both units and supply take up road capacity ("traffic points"). So yes, moving many units along a road might lead to reduced supply flow (and vice versa), depending on the quantities and the type of road.

DETAILED EXPLANATION:

You can check the status of road links between hexes in the detailed hex information tooltip. In the lower part of the tooltip, you will find two lines of values, labeled: "traffic points" and "max traffic points". The first indicates how many traffic points have already been used. The latter indicates how many traffic points the link can take (depending on the type of road). The values that follow correspond to the links to the neighbouring hexes like this: north, north east, south east, south, south west, north west.

A unit that is moved along a road link generates traffic points (unit weight *5).
Supply that is moved along a road link generates traffic points (0.1 per supply point, 0.3 per fuel point).
(Air strikes also generate traffic points)

As soon as the traffic points exceed the road capacity, a yellow truck symbol will show up. The positive effect of the road on movement speed (AP expenditure) is now reduced(both for troops and supply). Once traffic points exceed the road limit times four, the effect of the road is negated completely (which means units and supply use the ordinary movement costs of the target hex). As supply can only travel 100 AP from a supply source before the first malus sets in, clogged roads are a problem for supply.

At the start of each turn, traffic points in all road links are cut into half (thus a big traffic jam might take some time to resolve).

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 2
RE: Suppy Help - 11/27/2021 12:33:21 PM   
roeddog

use keypad or keyboard 0 (zero) removes troops from board hotkey to show just terrain (want to see supply dumps/sources)?
Also 1 shows silhouette's, 2 shows NATO symbols and 3 shows smaller/multiple counters per hex

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 3
RE: Suppy Help - 11/27/2021 4:36:01 PM   
jzardos

quote:

ORIGINAL: JacquesDeLalaing

- Both units and supply take up road capacity ("traffic points"). So yes, moving many units along a road might lead to reduced supply flow (and vice versa), depending on the quantities and the type of road.

DETAILED EXPLANATION:

You can check the status of road links between hexes in the detailed hex information tooltip. In the lower part of the tooltip, you will find two lines of values, labeled: "traffic points" and "max traffic points". The first indicates how many traffic points have already been used. The latter indicates how many traffic points the link can take (depending on the type of road). The values that follow correspond to the links to the neighbouring hexes like this: north, north east, south east, south, south west, north west.

A unit that is moved along a road link generates traffic points (unit weight *5).
Supply that is moved along a road link generates traffic points (0.1 per supply point, 0.3 per fuel point).

As soon as the traffic points exceed the road capacity, a yellow truck symbol will show up. The positive effect of the road on movement speed (AP expenditure) is now reduced(both for troops and supply). Once traffic points exceed the road limit times four, the effect of the road is negated completely (which means units and supply use the ordinary movement costs of the target hex). As supply can only travel 100 AP from a supply source before the first malus sets in, clogged roads are a problem for supply.

At the start of each turn, traffic points in all road links are cut into half (thus a big traffic jam might take some time to resolve).

Ok, thanks. Is there someplace in the editor that you can adjust road capacities?

thanks

Post #: 4
RE: Suppy Help - 11/28/2021 5:25:51 AM   
jzardos

quote:

ORIGINAL: JacquesDeLalaing

DETAILED EXPLANATION:

I see the icons: yellow, blue and red, but can't find this tool tip data displayed. Can you please be more specific where it can be found? thanks

Post #: 5
RE: Suppy Help - 11/28/2021 6:38:24 AM   
jzardos

Never mind I found it (however over terrain image in upper left ), but still curious if in the editor you can customize road capacities???

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 6
RE: Suppy Help - 11/28/2021 8:01:35 PM   
jzardos

Help Please ^^^

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 7
RE: Suppy Help - 11/28/2021 8:53:57 PM   
ltmoravcuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos

A few things I am struggling with

- hotkey to show just terrain (want to see supply dumps/sources)?

- where to place trucks? If using the axis card for it.

- does using roads for moving units effect the ability to get supply to them the next supply phase?

thanks

1. Hit Zero (0) - you can turn off/on units icons then hit S and pick up in the down supply menu the source of supply where you can see the effectivity of supply - green, yellow, blue

2. I think that truck delivered by the strategical cards (as German as American) are designated for the transportation via unit transportation option and they are primely not intended to replenish them into the individual units.

3. Yes. Be careful with icons (yellow, blue, red, black) The road with yellow truck will be bypassed by the supply trucks so it is important to have rear roads opened and not allow them to be occupied by enemy. For the huge army on the front lane one or two roads are not enough and the supply cannot be delivered to the front or to the supply depots. To clear roads by the yellow highlighted trucks for the next turn is easier then to clear roads by red or black truck symbols. This means that push as many units to the front as you can is not very smart and sometimes it is better to leave some bigger units in reserves. Also it is better to fight for the better roads (silver or orange) as for the dirt roads becasue of their transport capacity. When ever I can see yellow truck on the road I am trying to hold the units in the rear to move forwards. So just push forwards good recon unit some infantry and arty and armored unit. Basically it is enough for the initial meeting engagement with enemy. Then you plan depots and bridging the reserves from the division to the front. Clicking on the terrain overview by the right mouse bellow of the picture button you can see how the road is over stacked by the transported units and supply.

< Message edited by ltmoravcuk -- 11/28/2021 8:54:53 PM >

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Suppy Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI