Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some bits I struggle with.. any help appreciated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Some bits I struggle with.. any help appreciated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some bits I struggle with.. any help appreciated - 11/28/2021 4:38:02 PM   
Octavian

1. I buy a truck column card in order to replenish some panzer grenadiers who would otherwise have to walk on foot.
Some of the trucks I can transfer, but then the 50-SP-Rule-Per-Unit kicks in and doesn´t allow me to use the big rest of the truck column in that way. Is this as intented? Doesn´t make much sense in my view.

2. I still struggle with strange odd nummers at the combat screen. Why does it sometimes show figures, and when I add another unit or use another unit it shows something like: no counterfire possible or the like. I just don´t get and can´t find relief in the manual, although I studied it thoroughly, I thought. Also it is still strange for me to see the figures get worse - and sometimes terribly so - for me, although I add units (without overstacking and the like).

3. Supply bases: Often, it is unclear to me, why I can´t put them in a certain city, since all that it takes (connection to Source, owned hex, etc.) seem to be fullfilled. Are the positions for Supply bases somehow fixed by design???
Post #: 1
RE: Some bits I struggle with.. any help appreciated - 11/28/2021 8:32:43 PM   
ltmoravcuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Octavian

1. I buy a truck column card in order to replenish some panzer grenadiers who would otherwise have to walk on foot.
Some of the trucks I can transfer, but then the 50-SP-Rule-Per-Unit kicks in and doesn´t allow me to use the big rest of the truck column in that way. Is this as intented? Doesn´t make much sense in my view.

2. I still struggle with strange odd nummers at the combat screen. Why does it sometimes show figures, and when I add another unit or use another unit it shows something like: no counterfire possible or the like. I just don´t get and can´t find relief in the manual, although I studied it thoroughly, I thought. Also it is still strange for me to see the figures get worse - and sometimes terribly so - for me, although I add units (without overstacking and the like).

3. Supply bases: Often, it is unclear to me, why I can´t put them in a certain city, since all that it takes (connection to Source, owned hex, etc.) seem to be fullfilled. Are the positions for Supply bases somehow fixed by design???

I think that trucks are more for transportation of units via transport button and not to replenish them to the units. So they should be used as the one transportation unit.

Supply base is sending supplies to the hubs or depos which are minor, medium, large and strategic. These can be set up in Minor city II, Minor city III, Major city I and Major City III. Of course check the distance from the source.

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Some bits I struggle with.. any help appreciated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI