Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PATCH WHEN!?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> PATCH WHEN!?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PATCH WHEN!?!? - 9/12/2003 9:22:11 PM   
unkle_shadow

Anyone knows when a patch for korsun pocket will be released?? i have the game stalled at several scenarios waiting for a patch to solve problems that shouldnt exist in the first place!!!thats why there are BETA TESTERS!!

_UnkleShadow
Post #: 1
- 9/12/2003 10:23:55 PM   
coralsaw

Hello!

Having asked the same question before, I've been told that a patch is in the works but its ETA is unknown. I've personally found KP to be quite stable though, so I think the beta brigade and all other testers have done a good job.

This is not a perfect world, I'm sorry to say. :)

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. - Napoleon Bonaparte, 15 July 1815, to the captain of HMS Bellerophon.

(in reply to unkle_shadow)
Post #: 2
- 9/13/2003 5:26:47 AM   
e_barkmann

[QUOTE=unkle_shadow]Anyone knows when a patch for korsun pocket will be released?? i have the game stalled at several scenarios waiting for a patch to solve problems that shouldnt exist in the first place!!!thats why there are BETA TESTERS!!

_UnkleShadow[/QUOTE]

I have not come across any bugs that would stop you from playing a scenario. Perhaps you would care to list these problems you have come across.

Cheers Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Post #: 3
- 9/13/2003 8:57:56 PM   
BrubakerII

[QUOTE=unkle_shadow]i have the game stalled at several scenarios waiting for a patch to solve problems that shouldnt exist in the first place!!!thats why there are BETA TESTERS!![/QUOTE]

I sympathise entirely with you unkle - as a consumer these problems are not expected with a gold product. But I have to say go easy on the testers. I have it on good information that these people tried (and still try) their hearts out to get the game to a perfect standard and many errors and problems that are reported in these forums simply did not crop up during that testing.

You mighty also find that some of the most prolific posters here helping you guys are some of the very same people, working tirelessly away for no reward other than the love of the game...

Brubaker

SSG Beta Tester

Post #: 4
Re: PATCH WHEN!?!? - 9/15/2003 5:26:18 PM   
Gregor_SSG

[QUOTE=unkle_shadow]Anyone knows when a patch for korsun pocket will be released?? i have the game stalled at several scenarios waiting for a patch to solve problems that shouldnt exist in the first place!!!thats why there are BETA TESTERS!!

_UnkleShadow[/QUOTE]

I'd like to be able to offer a patch the day after a bug is encountered, but the world of computing just doesn't work that way. As I see it, there are three possibilities.

One: Due to the sometimes flaky nature of the interactions between Windows and PC hardware, your save file has become corrupted. This is unlikely, but by no means impossible.

Two: There is a bug, possibly in the AI, and we've already found it and fixed it.

Three: There is a bug, possibly in the AI, and we haven't already found it and fixed it.

Regardless of the situation, what we would need is for you to send us the save game which exhibits the problem, so we can work out what is going on. Please send it to [email]garym@ssg.com.au[/email], and include a general description of what happens.

Thanks

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> PATCH WHEN!?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI