Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/1/2021 9:32:54 PM   
AshFall

I could not find this information anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here.

How is scoring in the tournaments for the SC2 games decided?

What is the max points? What detracts points, how much? For example I saw mentioned that inactivity penalises the score, among other things.

Appreciate any help with this, always good to understand how the system works. :)

< Message edited by AshFall -- 12/1/2021 9:34:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/1/2021 9:33:44 PM   
AshFall

Mispost :S

< Message edited by AshFall -- 12/1/2021 9:34:01 PM >

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 8:52:06 AM   
BillRunacre

Hi AshFall

Here they are:

1) Victory Conditions - Map situation is in effect right from the get go, e.g. current victory conditions are weighed into the score, and of course victory conditions change from the start of the campaign to the finish.

CAMPAIGN SCORING (VICTORY CONDITIONS)
100 DECISIVE
80 MAJOR
70 MINOR
60 TACTICAL
50 STALEMATE

2) Kills Ratio - The strength point losses in MPPs you inflict on your opponent relative to the strength point losses in MPPs he inflicts upon you.

3) National Morale Ratio - National Morale of all your major nations on your side, including those that have surrendered (those that have surrendered will have 0 NM applied to the formula) relative to 100% will factor in to the score

4) MPP Growth - Current total MPPs relative to your at start home MPPs for all major nations on your side will factor into the score as well, e.g. if you are expanding and your opponent is contracting, you are doing better with this factor than he will be etc.

The major portion is the current victory conditions, e.g. item 1), while items 2) to 4) will push that score a bit higher or lower depending on how you are doing.

Scores are relative to 100 points, and if you are in a DECISIVE VICTORY position which equals 100 Victory points, then you can certainly push higher than 100 points if you are also doing very well in the other categories, or push a bit lower if you did not do so well and paid a heavy toll to get there. Doing well also generally means your score is pushed higher while your opponents score is pushed lower, and vice versa.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 11:04:39 AM   
AshFall

Hiya Bill, thank you very much for the reply! :)

Could we have some formulas? How much different things are weighted and so on?

Also, I read in the tournament thread that being slow with turns would penalize you, how much and what are the time frames? Any other things like that that count?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 11:59:46 AM   
Fafnir

Do you get any points if you achive a decisive victory faster?
Fast victorys may cost more MPP so if you do not get points for finishing the game earlier (e.g. on april 45 instead of june 45)
slower and less costly attacks may be better.

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 1:26:32 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: AshFall

For now I am just a little hesitant to provide the exact formulas, there will always be those that study the math and then tend to game the system instead of just playing the game. Not that I currently believe there are any current exploitations to be had, it is just that the current obfuscation is likely more ideal than the reverse, as experience has unfortunately shown.

That being said, I can reinforce what has been written above that the major portion that will count towards your score are the actual VICTORY CONDITIONS. The rest count too, but not to the same degree.

quote:

Also, I read in the tournament thread that being slow with turns would penalize you, how much and what are the time frames? Any other things like that that count?

This part I definitely cannot answer as it is auto handled by the server. Only Matrix could answer this part and I'm not sure if they ever have, and likely for the same reasons I've described above regarding the scoring formulas.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 12/2/2021 4:18:40 PM >

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 1:30:34 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fafnir

Do you get any points if you achive a decisive victory faster?
Fast victorys may cost more MPP so if you do not get points for finishing the game earlier (e.g. on april 45 instead of june 45)
slower and less costly attacks may be better.

To confirm, there are no bonus points for achieving a DECISIVE VICTORY faster.

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 2:51:11 PM   
AshFall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: AshFall

For now I am just a little hesitant to provide the exact formulas, there will always be those that study the math and then tend to game the system instead of just playing the game. Not that I currently believe there are any current exploitations to be had, it is just that the current obfuscation is likely more ideal than the reverse, as experience has unfortunately shown.

That being said, I can reinforce what has been written above that the major portion that will count towards your score are the actual VICTORY CONDITIONS. The rest count too, but not to the same degree.

[QUOTE]
Also, I read in the tournament thread that being slow with turns would penalize you, how much and what are the time frames? Any other things like that that count? [/QUOTE]

This part I definitely cannot answer as it is auto handled by the server. Only Matrix could answer this part and I'm not sure if they ever have, and likely for the same reasons I've described above regarding the scoring formulas.

Entirely reasonable and understandable. :)

Just an example to ground my own understanding then.

Primary source: If my opponent scores a decisive victory then his base score is 100, and mine is 0.

Secondary sources: The national morale of all majors on each side is weighed in, as is income per turn and MPP damage inflicted.

If my opponent then gets a score of 84 and I get a score of 29, that would be more than 100 total and would mean that I had scored better on the secondary sources. If my opponent had done better on all the secondary sources as well, would their score be like 120, and mine 0?

Q1: Are these weighed in comparison to some -expected- growth, damage or NM, or just in absolute terms? Absolute terms would seem to mostly favour the allies in all SC games (And would encourage playing to the end).

Q2: Is all MPP damage included, strategic warfare, convoy damage and such?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 4:38:14 PM   
Hubert Cater

Q0: It would be indeed very close to something like this

Q1: Just absolute terms. In terms of who it might favour, perhaps, but skill levels will vary with games clearly favouring the Axis right to the end, and each round is mirrored which is the intention to mitigate these types of concerns.

Q2: As an example, convoy income is not considered at start home MPPs, so damaging convoys limits the potential growth ratio divide as it is checking current MPPs collected versus the at start home territory MPPs etc

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring - 12/2/2021 5:15:00 PM   
AshFall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Q0: It would be indeed very close to something like this

Q1: Just absolute terms. In terms of who it might favour, perhaps, but skill levels will vary with games clearly favouring the Axis right to the end, and each round is mirrored which is the intention to mitigate these types of concerns.

Q2: As an example, convoy income is not considered at start home MPPs, so damaging convoys limits the potential growth ratio divide as it is checking current MPPs collected versus the at start home territory MPPs etc

Excellent information, thank you very much Hubert & Bill!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Questions about Slitherine tournament system scoring Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI