Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I starve the enemy units out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Can I starve the enemy units out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/1/2021 12:13:05 AM   
Kaaven

A beginners question:
Can I starve the enemy out by cutting the road connection between their last city and their units?

Specifically, if they manage to break-through in their turn and I regain control of the road in my turn, do they resupply? Is cutting the road even a viable strategy?

Cause i got myself in a bad situation, where I mostly beat a Militarist Major, but they managed to get way ahead of me in therms of weapons (gauss vs carbine) and have bazillions of infantry while I barely have enough recruits for replacements. So my plan is to starve the bastards out, by cutting their capitol line of supply. Not sure if the AI plays one the same rules tho.
Post #: 1
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/1/2021 12:17:38 AM   
zgrssd

Depends on the Faction:

Minor without city: Nope
Minor with City: Not as long as they can draw a path to the city. They do not need logistics assets or road connections and always produce enough, regardless of buildings.
Mayor: Aside from some free Logistics Capacity and Range on every city, they follow the same rules.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 12/1/2021 12:18:08 AM >

(in reply to Kaaven)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/1/2021 12:28:33 AM   
Kaaven

I guessed so. And they are a Major. But do them gaining the road and me retaking it in the same turn allows them to resupply? Cause I am not sure when exactly does re-supply happen.

Also, is there a way to tell if they are starving already or not? Cause no matter how many units I have nearby, I cannot see the supply portion of their units description. And if not, now long does it take for them to start loosing actual troops?

And bonus question: do AI use ammo the same as us? Can I fight them dry of ammo?

Thanks for all the help!

< Message edited by Kaaven -- 12/1/2021 12:31:28 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/1/2021 1:06:05 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kaaven

I guessed so. And they are a Major. But do them gaining the road and me retaking it in the same turn allows them to resupply? Cause I am not sure when exactly does re-supply happen.

Also, is there a way to tell if they are starving already or not? Cause no matter how many units I have nearby, I cannot see the supply portion of their units description. And if not, now long does it take for them to start loosing actual troops?

And bonus question: do AI use ammo the same as us? Can I fight them dry of ammo?

Thanks for all the help!

The generation of logistics points and hte SHQ doing it's logistics passes happens at the start of your turn.

Seeing stuff like enemy supply levels might require ~400 Recon. Infantry only gives 1 Recon per unit of 100. So even a full Tier 1 OHQ formation (5500 man) would only get you like 55 Recon. You need Motorcycles, Buggies and Light tanks for relevant amounts of recon.

Do not wait for dead soldiers. A drop in readiness is entirely sufficient to deter attacks or make them easily defeated when attacked.
For example, Radiation only starts killing people if it is 400 over the Units RAD limit. But that far above the limit, it cuts Readiness and Morale to 60% Maximum.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 12/1/2021 1:09:12 AM >

(in reply to Kaaven)
Post #: 4
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/1/2021 2:02:19 AM   
Kaaven

Thanks for the answer. My plan was to wait them out, cause they do have me a good 5 to 1, if not more, on manpower already deployed. But am working to cause more casualties now. Will take time tho :D

Still, does anyone knows how the ammo works for AI, if at all?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/1/2021 1:23:12 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kaaven

Thanks for the answer. My plan was to wait them out, cause they do have me a good 5 to 1, if not more, on manpower already deployed. But am working to cause more casualties now. Will take time tho :D

Still, does anyone knows how the ammo works for AI, if at all?

Pretty sure the AI has to build and deliver Ammo like you. But it might get some resources for free. But I could not definitively tell you.

Any way, only combat can use up ammo. Unlike Food and Fuel, there is no static per turn consumption.

(in reply to Kaaven)
Post #: 6
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/5/2021 8:42:28 PM   
mattpilot

Does the AI get free metal and IP? I understand they get free roads (cause everytime i push them back on a mountain range, they get a free road across it next turn. No way they can afford that with only 1 lvl3 industry.

I also am destroying around 20-30 of their tanks every round, but they seem to producing more and more every freaking turn. Meanwhile i can't keep up replacing the 5 tanks or so i lose every turn, and according to the spy reports, i have way more metal and IP production.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
RE: Can I starve the enemy units out - 12/6/2021 3:18:46 AM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

I have had some success against minor an major regimes by cutting off their supplies. I have never waited long enough to see if the manpower dwindled.

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to mattpilot)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Can I starve the enemy units out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI