Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Have WiTE 1 and also 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Have WiTE 1 and also 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/3/2021 6:34:08 PM   
Edorf

Hi, all

I initially bought WiTE 1 on GOG a long time ago but since they don’t provide the latest beta patch I put it on hold. Since then I also bought WiTE 2 but since there’s a run of patches and balancing yet on that one so I think I’m going to wait for a couple of patches before playing.

Because of the Holiday sale I’m thinking of maybe purchase WiTE here on Matrix and try the game out. In that regard I have a question;

Is version 1.11.03 more stable ( less bug ridden) than the latest 1.12.06 beta?

Post #: 1
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/8/2021 6:37:30 PM   
BigBog

I never have has a bug with the 1.12.06 beta if that is any help to you--what types of bugs are you referring to? I am using it currently and all is well

(in reply to Edorf)
Post #: 2
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/8/2021 6:57:13 PM   
Edorf

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBog

I never have has a bug with the 1.12.06 beta if that is any help to you--what types of bugs are you referring to? I am using it currently and all is well

Well, this one in 1.12.06 stands out: mech units fuel bug, https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4998967
Not totally gamebreaking, but…

(in reply to BigBog)
Post #: 3
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/8/2021 7:30:55 PM   
BigBog

Wow--I had not encountered this, but see that this would be a big problem. Thanks for pointing this out. I usually get to units cut off in pockets and eliminating them pretty fast and thus would minimize this effect on their resupply. However, I will on the lookout for it. Thanks!

(in reply to Edorf)
Post #: 4
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/8/2021 7:31:40 PM   
BigBog

<<Double post deleted>>

< Message edited by BigBog -- 12/8/2021 7:32:49 PM >

(in reply to Edorf)
Post #: 5
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/8/2021 10:05:51 PM   
Edorf

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBog

Wow--I had not encountered this, but see that this would be a big problem. Thanks for pointing this out. I usually get to units cut off in pockets and eliminating them pretty fast and thus would minimize this effect on their resupply. However, I will on the lookout for it. Thanks!

You`re welcome :)

(in reply to BigBog)
Post #: 6
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/24/2021 1:37:06 AM   
JoeLewis

I think the fuel bug is probably a bigger issue for opponents who are not evenly experienced/matched up. The issue is that in 1941 in particular you are never quite sure if a panzer is getting real fuel or extra fuel bug fuel and that can become a real problem. If you survive 1941 in good shape it's not as huge a concern from the Soviet perspective.

However, having played a few Axis games it can be easy to cheese.

(in reply to Edorf)
Post #: 7
RE: Have WiTE 1 and also 2 - 12/25/2021 2:02:37 AM   
Edorf

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoeLewis

I think the fuel bug is probably a bigger issue for opponents who are not evenly experienced/matched up. The issue is that in 1941 in particular you are never quite sure if a panzer is getting real fuel or extra fuel bug fuel and that can become a real problem. If you survive 1941 in good shape it's not as huge a concern from the Soviet perspective.

However, having played a few Axis games it can be easy to cheese.

Too bad a bug like this exists in the game ten years after the initial release. Well, at least we know it’s there…

(in reply to JoeLewis)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Have WiTE 1 and also 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI