Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tiller Games Purchased

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Tiller Games Purchased Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 11/25/2021 7:44:59 PM   
gamer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I want SB revamped

Give me multi level buildings. A new ammo feature (put an end to how an MG42 soon becomes a pea shooter in game etc), choose rate of fire, be wounded. Maybe enhance armour side of the game. Reinforcements and ammo restocks. Campaign feature including core units go throughout campaign. Awards issued etc end of campaign scenario\battle etc. Maybe manage issuing of weapons to individual soldier from historical selection. Enhance leader features. Enhance Comms.

All that done we'd have the perfect No1 2D top down turn based tactical wargame esp for WW2 era. I don't think the game worked well in modern era. Though revamped ammo and rof would improve that I'm certain.

That is Company of Heroes 3 wishlist! I'd like more operational WW'1 titles Dardanelles and Kars& Eastern front against Russians or Arabs combined campaign in a single game, if not sufficient battles for a game. Or seperate game.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 31
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 11/26/2021 5:09:14 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: gamer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I want SB revamped

Give me multi level buildings. A new ammo feature (put an end to how an MG42 soon becomes a pea shooter in game etc), choose rate of fire, be wounded. Maybe enhance armour side of the game. Reinforcements and ammo restocks. Campaign feature including core units go throughout campaign. Awards issued etc end of campaign scenario\battle etc. Maybe manage issuing of weapons to individual soldier from historical selection. Enhance leader features. Enhance Comms.

All that done we'd have the perfect No1 2D top down turn based tactical wargame esp for WW2 era. I don't think the game worked well in modern era. Though revamped ammo and rof would improve that I'm certain.

That is Company of Heroes 3 wishlist! I'd like more operational WW'1 titles Dardanelles and Kars& Eastern front against Russians or Arabs combined campaign in a single game, if not sufficient battles for a game. Or seperate game.

Yep but CoH3 isn't 2D top down turn based but more an RTS click fest.

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 32
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 11/28/2021 12:55:01 AM   
bigus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Strelaoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

quote:

Thanks Michael, I'm working hard here - south of the border in Sydney]

David, for years I have been advocating the potential of this series. Oh please bring it to the East Front, I long for a serious, playable and fun game on the East. I have badgered Rich for years about this series. It has so much potential. Lord knows we need a sensible game on the East that does not involve counting every chicken coop and rusty jerry can east of Berlin.

Michael,

What can I say?

We have inherited a range of projects that are unfinished, still-born or otherwise. As you can see some substantial work was done in this series using the current scale. You can also see we have a full map of Europe (which looks much better with the recent graphical update).

There is no commitment to pick this up and complete it currently, but a lot of the building blocks are there already. I am with you, I had hardly touched this series previously, but it is a great little game system and much more playable with the lower counter density. We are even discussing doing a higher level series (probably corps level/monthly turns) using the same engine to allow a whole war in the East in an evening game (like AH's Third Reich).

More to come, but take this as we have stuff, just not a plan... yet!

David

How did I miss this one!
We need this right now. Can you finish and release it by Christmas this year?

All kidding aside, I am stoked and am looking forward to it.
I would still prefer the current scale and timeframe though.

Cheers,

< Message edited by bigus -- 11/28/2021 12:56:24 AM >

(in reply to Strelaoz)
Post #: 33
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 12:22:46 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

I am looking forward to the Eastern Front version. Can the game engine handle the logistics aspect on the Eastern Front convincingly from your opinion/experience?

I agree with MichaelT that a game on this scale but less clutter than WitE2 is needed.

< Message edited by EwaldvonKleist -- 12/7/2021 12:25:43 AM >

(in reply to bigus)
Post #: 34
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 2:09:35 AM   
Strelaoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

I am looking forward to the Eastern Front version. Can the game engine handle the logistics aspect on the Eastern Front convincingly from your opinion/experience?

I agree with MichaelT that a game on this scale but less clutter than WitE2 is needed.

We are still looking at the capabilities within the engine. We have a few ideas on how to model the ebb and flow across a campaign without making it too onerous on the player. As mentioned in my previous post we believe we can handle different scales with this engine and that doesn’t mean we will exclude one to support another. In fact we have twelve game engines and we are looking at the potential to use them in periods never previously considered. Squad Battles for Victorian Colonial wars for example. We currently have more opportunity than time!!

David

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 35
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 12:59:24 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Understood, thank you for the update @David.

(in reply to Strelaoz)
Post #: 36
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 1:35:07 PM   
blond_knight_new

quote:

Squad Battles for Victorian Colonial wars for example.

David

Release it and take my money!!!

(in reply to Strelaoz)
Post #: 37
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 4:33:25 PM   
Franciscus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

quote:

Thanks Michael, I'm working hard here - south of the border in Sydney]

David, for years I have been advocating the potential of this series. Oh please bring it to the East Front, I long for a serious, playable and fun game on the East. I have badgered Rich for years about this series. It has so much potential. Lord knows we need a sensible game on the East that does not involve counting every chicken coop and rusty jerry can east of Berlin.

Michael,

What can I say?

We have inherited a range of projects that are unfinished, still-born or otherwise. As you can see some substantial work was done in this series using the current scale. You can also see we have a full map of Europe (which looks much better with the recent graphical update).

There is no commitment to pick this up and complete it currently, but a lot of the building blocks are there already. I am with you, I had hardly touched this series previously, but it is a great little game system and much more playable with the lower counter density. We are even discussing doing a higher level series (probably corps level/monthly turns) using the same engine to allow a whole war in the East in an evening game (like AH's Third Reich).

More to come, but take this as we have stuff, just not a plan... yet!

David

Take my money NOW !!!

Former AJE team member

(in reply to Strelaoz)
Post #: 38
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 6:50:53 PM   
Rhetor

I do sincerely hope that somewhere in the pipeline there are titles simulating the great European conflicts of 1859, 1866, and 1870-71.
I know but a single title that covered this period, which - compared to the scale of the battles and their importance to the history of the continent, - makes this arguably the most neglected period in computer wargaming.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 39
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/7/2021 9:29:11 PM   
timmyab

I would like to see one extra zoom level in these games plus some unit details on the counters in the 2 most zoomed in levels.

(in reply to Rhetor)
Post #: 40
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/8/2021 6:17:40 AM   
rma901

quote:

I would like to see one extra zoom level in these games plus some unit details on the counters in the 2 most zoomed in levels.

I agree with timmyab on this.

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 41
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/8/2021 6:53:20 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhetor

I do sincerely hope that somewhere in the pipeline there are titles simulating the great European conflicts of 1859, 1866, and 1870-71.
I know but a single title that covered this period, which - compared to the scale of the battles and their importance to the history of the continent, - makes this arguably the most neglected period in computer wargaming.

yes, several million times. The degree of innovation and technological change over this sequence was immense. I'd add in battles from the Russo-Turkish war (1878) too as Gat makes the point that the Russians tried to use the tactics that had worked for the Prussians only a few years back but failed due to improvements in rifle technology.

Chuck in the war of 1864 after which Denmark decided to basically opt out of European wars and the few set piece battles in the 1848-49 sequence of events?

(in reply to Rhetor)
Post #: 42
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/8/2021 2:06:44 PM   
Franciscus

Winter sale of WDS (JTS) games starts on December 15th

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/winter-sale-and-feedback-survey

Former AJE team member

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 43
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/8/2021 8:23:31 PM   
gamer78

If Volcanoman(ED) still interested in WW'1 he will continue his work on WW'1 I believe. Dardanelles and Battle of Sarikamish can be interesting. Bit like an Napoleonic campaign to Russia with few strategy and no winter uniforms.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 44
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/9/2021 8:49:51 PM   
Hexagon

In the survey i coment about cover the "gaps" between series.

For example in XIX century we can have a serie between Nap and WWI but divided in "European wars" with an evolution of Nap engine (in the line of FWWI or PzB engines over PzC engine) and "Colonial wars" (with an improved EAW engine).

In XX century a serie to cover wars between WWI and WWII, here in the Pacific i find interesting something to cover the Chinese-Japanese war.

And for FWWI i allways wanted see a Meggido18 title, its a WWI campaign BUT closer to WWII mobile combat style, space to move and options to made interesting what ifs (for example a stronger presence of German-AH presence).

There are a lot of options and not only expanding the actual series.

PD: as very freak new serie... a naval serie covering XVIII and XIX centuries, or using the naval engine but very improved OR using ACW engine for a turn based model.

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 45
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/10/2021 2:18:22 AM   
ncc1701e

How is handle the naval warfare in the Strategic Series? Is it abstracted?

Thanks

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 46
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/10/2021 6:24:36 PM   
Michael T

There is no naval warfare to date. Each side has a shipping capacity for each sea area. It is scenario dependent. Generally the allies have a much greater capacity.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 47
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/11/2021 1:40:38 AM   
Rosseau

I have all the PzC series, but the two "Total War" games from John Tiller were my least favorite, by far.

Unfortunately, it's been so long that I can't contribute anything meaningful to the discussion, except (back then) they were not as feature-rich as the other games. This is probably going to change!

Best wishes to all.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 48
RE: Tiller Games Purchased - 12/11/2021 10:34:03 AM   
altipueri

I'm with Loki - we need to be able to answer the Schleswig-Holstein Question.

Palmerston's quip is not good enough:

“Only three people have ever really understood the Schleswig-Holstein business: the Prince Consort, who is dead; a German professor, who has gone mad; and I, who have forgotten all about it.”

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Tiller Games Purchased Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI