Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airbase transfer problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Airbase transfer problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 12:54:35 PM   
Pionpion

Hi all
Sorry for this noob question... but I just can't manage airbase transfer in certain cases. I've no idea why KG27 units in Rumania won't transfer to Constanta Airbase, or JG3 to Tomasow Lub. airbase. Could someone help me with the procedure here ?
Post #: 1
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 1:05:32 PM   
821Bobo

Works fine for me. Do they have any free mileage?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Pionpion)
Post #: 2
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 1:07:24 PM   
AlbertN

I assume you can define the Rebase order.

Then you need to right click on the label of the AOG that has pending transfers.

It will give you 2 options: PLANNED or IMMEDIATE transfer.

Immediate means 'Do it, now, no matter what'. As long as there is some form of airbase at the other end, the airplanes will move. That base may be into some dispersed corner too, maybe unable to accomodate the planes, without ground personnel and the like.

Planned means that 'Transfer when the airbase is somehow ready' pretty much. IF the airbase is already manned and has supplies (or can draw supplies from closeby depots) the air units in general transfer there immediately. But if the situation is not that good, the transfer will remain pending. And during your next logistic phase the system will try to issue there the needed personnel, fuel dumps, supply crates, and then transfer the planes.

(in reply to Pionpion)
Post #: 3
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 1:57:14 PM   
Pionpion

Well... I'm in No Air directive selected mode. I'm clicking on, e.g, II. Jg/3 but I can't transfer it to Tomas. Lub. with a right click and I don't know why. Wheredo I access to the Rebase order ? Sorry and thx for help.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 4
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 2:15:04 PM   
AlbertN

Select the AoG (by left clicking on the label).

It will highlight which airfields the AoG occupies.

Hold the CTRL button down and drag with mouse (left click - keep the clicking!) and it will draw a box. The box includes the airbases you want to transfer to.

Then follow what I wrote above.

But I am quite confident the game manual details the rebase procedure too!

(in reply to Pionpion)
Post #: 5
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 2:21:01 PM   
Pionpion

Well, it worked, but it was the SHIFT button for me. Anyway, thx. The problem with the manual is that its is 520 pages long... and I searched through it, but key words are not always appropriate.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 6
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 2:24:01 PM   
Pionpion

Thx a lot ! It's great to have quick and precise help while discovering the game.

(in reply to Pionpion)
Post #: 7
RE: Airbase transfer problem - 12/12/2021 4:06:02 PM   
Stamb

Sometimes air transfer is bugged and i had to close and open game again. For example i was selecting one AOG to transfer and game was selecting another one for a transfer and i was able to spot it cuz of a white line that shows from where to where air transfer is going to happen.

With a SHIFT you select bigger area and while holding CTRL and drawing you can be more precise where to make a transfer, also you can transfer individual air groups by selecting them in an airbase (golden border around its name will appear) and selecting where you want to transfer. It is very helpful because you can stay within an airbase capacity limits.

(in reply to Pionpion)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Airbase transfer problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI