Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game crashes during scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Game crashes during scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game crashes during scenario - 12/10/2021 1:23:53 AM   
bladesinger79

Playing the Northern Fury series. Game crashes after a few hours of playing, sometimes sooner. I have version 1.04.114734. Not sure what's causing it, I don't mess with the settings. This has not happened before.

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.
Post #: 1
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/10/2021 10:53:36 PM   
bladesinger79

Nobody has a solution?

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.

(in reply to bladesinger79)
Post #: 2
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/11/2021 8:25:43 AM   
morphin

Hi
We need more information. In the Logs Directory there is an "ExceptionLog.txt" (and other txt files). Also helpful is if have your exact PC Specifications and often you see in the windows event viewer also some errors. Also helpful is dxdiag Tool.
I suppose you have the latest driver installed? Also do you have any graphic Tools installed?

Post #: 3
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/11/2021 12:32:03 PM   
bladesinger79

Uh, Coach, are we the X's or are we the O's?

I see the Logs, but not sure how to post that as a file without copying everything and pasting. I do not have a dxdiag Tool to my knowledge. Not sure about latest driver. Finally, when you speak of graphic tools, do you mean my NVIDIA app?

< Message edited by bladesinger79 -- 12/11/2021 12:36:20 PM >

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 4
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/11/2021 2:12:30 PM   
thewood1

Everyone using Windows dxdiag tool. Go start and type dxdiag and hit enter. Takes a few minutes to run. You can also do a web search on it.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

Post #: 5
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/11/2021 2:36:25 PM   
morphin

Nvidia App is the app the belongs to the driver. that is o.k.
Windows Update let you also update device drivers. So if you use windows update make sure the drivers update is included ( https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-update-device-drivers-windows-10 )

Post #: 6
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/11/2021 3:02:21 PM   
thewood1

I think the main question to ask is if this is the only scenario that crashes. If so, can you zip it and post it at the point its crashing?

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 7
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/11/2021 4:09:45 PM   
bladesinger79

Aha! Found that dxdiag thingie. I shall run that, see what happens. I shall also play different scenarios, large and small, to try and narrow the cause.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/12/2021 7:13:20 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: bladesinger79

Aha! Found that dxdiag thingie. I shall run that, see what happens. I shall also play different scenarios, large and small, to try and narrow the cause.

quote:

Game crashes after a few hours of playing

Also how it 'crash'. A popup message stating something? Game just closes? Game hangs(stops responding to input)? The dreaded red-X appears?

quote:

I see the Logs, but not sure how to post that as a file without copying everything and pasting.

Assuming ExceptionLog.txt isn't dozens of megabytes... (and if it is rename it, game will re-generate a new one going forward)
To upload, right click ExceptionLog.txt send-to 'compressed zip folder', attach resulting .zip file to post using 'reply' button which brings up a window with 'click here to upload' option toward the bottom that isn't shown when using the 'fast reply' option at the bottom of the thread page.

Post #: 9
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/13/2021 6:39:28 PM   
bladesinger79

UPDATE: Played out some scenarios in variable sizes. Turns out larger games run very slowly with hiccups during play, later just crashes out. Medium sized scenarios are a bit choppy, but doesn't crash. As you may have guessed, small scenarios run just fine.

CONCLUSION: I'm sure it's a problem with my trashy GPU. It's an NVIDIA Ge-Force 745, way outdated for today's games.

SOLUTION: Win the Lottery, buy better PC. :P

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 10
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/13/2021 8:26:23 PM   
thewood1

Curious what your CPU is because a 745 by itself shouldn't be the issue. But 745s were OEMed into what we would call today very low-end PCs.

Post #: 11
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/14/2021 12:07:40 AM   
bladesinger79

Dell XPS 8900, bought it Christmas of 2016
32GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

If the problem is not my PC or the GPU, I'm at a loss. Conducted every virus scan, system check, disk defrag, diagnostics, even cleaned the dust off of it.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 12
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/14/2021 10:32:00 AM   
thewood1

That CPU should have no issues running CMO. The GPU "should" be of little consequence.

Post #: 13
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/21/2021 8:10:23 AM   
jannas34

lol good luck getting this fixed

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 14
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/21/2021 11:34:48 AM   
bladesinger79

I, * ahem* FINALLY figured out how to post a save file. Feeling like an idiot. I have to click "Post Reply" then compress the file instead of just replying in the window and trying to copy/paste.

(crawls into a hole...)

(in reply to jannas34)
Post #: 15
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/21/2021 7:06:28 PM   
bladesinger79

Here it is:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 16
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/22/2021 10:49:21 AM   
thewood1

I ran the save three times in .37 and it seemed to crash after a couple hours of real time. I ran a clean version from the start overnight and it ran to completion at 5x speed. Seems like something is corrupted in the save.

Post #: 17
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/22/2021 12:32:21 PM   
gennyo

Use at least 1147.36 and try the scenario from start again? this build may fixed a big issue on low end machines about saving huge scenarios. It may crash still from memory exhaustion but at least you can picked up your progress from saves.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 18
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/22/2021 1:19:12 PM   
bladesinger79

How do I get the update? The most recent one I see is what I already have.

Only thing I can think of was the adjustments I made to the unit numbers, added a SAM site to Bardufoss, and readied all of the A/C at that airfield; somehow corrupted the saves. All of that should not have messed up the system right?

< Message edited by bladesinger79 -- 12/22/2021 3:25:16 PM >

(in reply to gennyo)
Post #: 19
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/22/2021 3:27:30 PM   
thewood1

You added units to the scenario? In the scenario editor? Or though the ini files? If you did, I assume you used the original scen file and not the save to do it.

Post #: 20
RE: Game crashes during scenario - 12/22/2021 11:18:29 PM   
bladesinger79

Let me recall how (I think) I did this:

Opened Mission Editor, selected Bardufoss #5. Did my changes, saved under Bardufoss (Home) file. Played the different game, saved under Bardufoss part 1, and so on.

Just now confirmed I did NOT alter anything in the original scenario (whew). I have no idea how to mess with init files.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Game crashes during scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI