Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only&... - 12/23/2021 9:56:24 PM   
Mickeys91

I noticed on the new update the The AGM-183 ARRW hypersonic missiles were added but I cannot use them since I do not own the professional edition of CMO. Just curious but why are these added to the base game for everyone to see with its stats yet we cannot use them? And will they eventually be available to base game players in the future? It is pretty frustrating knowing they're there but unavailable.

Also will the Russian S-500 be added anytime soon? I hope if it does it will be available to base game players as well.
Post #: 1
RE: If a unit or weapon is "professional edition o... - 12/24/2021 2:31:05 AM   
BeirutDude

So not a Dev., so I certainly don't speak for them, but consider the shear size of the two databases and then repeating a third would be a real pain. So likely just makes more sense for them to flag the equipment as professional only. My wish is they would flag it a as Professional Only when loading Magazines so we don't add the system to a scenario. I did that with the EMP weapons that are Professional Only and had to go back and rework some things in a scenario. Not a big deal but a pain when your playtest something you developed.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to Mickeys91)
Post #: 2
RE: If a unit or weapon is "professional edition o... - 12/24/2021 8:55:57 AM   
DWReese

Mickey,

I had never heard of the AGM-183 before, so I looked it up. The weapon is hypothetical, and hasn't been produced. Furthermore, they have tested it three times, and it has failed every test, so it's easy to see why it wouldn't be available. In fact, there is apparently some discussion that the whole project is going to be cancelled as it is nothing but a failure at this point.

As Al said, it's likely that it is a place holder only so that if it becomes operational in the future then they already have it in the database. But, trying to evaluate and rate a platform for game purposes that has, thus far, failed every test is a little problematic.

(in reply to Mickeys91)
Post #: 3
RE: If a unit or weapon is "professional edition o... - 12/24/2021 12:34:57 PM   
tylerblakebrandon

As per this Facebook discussion the DEV's indicate that they do not maintain separate DB's for Command PE to reduce the DB management workload and risk for error. Dimitris states here and has before they want to unlock the PE only stuff for the commercial version but there are various reasons such as modeling issues, or for some features developed specifically for PE customer's they have a contractual exclusivity period for PE only use.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647052762093189/search/?q=ARRW

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI