Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motorized Infantry non Motorized (anymore)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Motorized Infantry non Motorized (anymore)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motorized Infantry non Motorized (anymore)? - 12/24/2021 6:56:54 PM   
AlbertN

Greetings,

I am not sure if it is a bug or a feature - I suspect a bug so I report it.

There was this unit, with symbol of mundane infantry but it was defined as motorized. It started in the North Afrika TB if I remember correctly.

Seeing a regiment of motorized infantry I whisked it away to bolster up <Insert Axis Motorized Unit of turn> but it emerged that it lost the 'motorized' component. The fact it has a Morale of 82 is suggests it was Motorized too...

Now it has lost its Motorized status, for reasons unknown to me. I've not seen it in the Logistic Report (Can it happen?).
Even if that was the case, why it has not been renamed then, stripping away the 'Mot' component of the unit name?

It has changed TOE - and that is where I suspect the issue lingers. It changed TOE in a mundane Infantry Regiment, and not a Motorized one.

Suggestion A) - IF it was stripped of motorization (I doubt being a unit in North Afrika and Germans there were pratically motorized in their small entirety) the unit should lose the 'Mot' component in the name.

Suggestion B) - IF the unit retained motorization, the 'pointer' to the TOE upgrade needs to be changed.

If for reasons a unit was still historically labelled as Motorized, but it was not - please for the sake of player comfort and quality of life, still nuke the 'Mot' out of the name because it is misleading.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Motorized Infantry non Motorized (anymore)? - 12/24/2021 8:49:27 PM   
Joel Billings

Looks like it was overridden and set to be Motorized even though it used a non-motorized TOE. Perhaps in November 1942 when it upgrades to a different TOE it lost it's Motorized flag. Not sure what Trey's intent was with this unit, so I'll move this to the data area.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 2
RE: Motorized Infantry non Motorized (anymore)? - 12/24/2021 9:10:58 PM   
Great_Ajax

The original OBs did not include separate OBs for Motorized Regiments so I had to use what we had which were Infantry Regiments that were made to be motorized. The 2.0 OB update includes separate OB entries for motorized infantry regiments so we don't have to use these work arounds. No idea when the 2.0 update will come to light and be implemented.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Motorized Infantry non Motorized (anymore)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI