Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.12.00 Patch Notes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room >> v1.12.00 Patch Notes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/4/2021 2:48:15 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Posted this for easy retrieval...for example I can read while playing the game on my computer while reading via my tablet etc.

v1.12.00 – October 11, 2021
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
• Fixed a PURCHASE UNIT screen error that did not sometimes highlight Minor nation unit types
with an '*' that could be repurchased at a discount (Earlydoors).
• Fixed a rare Paratroops airborne movement error that would reroute along a less optimal path
when it shouldn't do so (klschult).
• Fixed a very rare game freeze during AI naval combat calculations (redrum68).
• Fixed a hex control update error around enemy resources that would sometimes revert control to
your opponent when your own friendly unit positions should have prevented that from happening
(EarlyDoors).
• Fixed a FoW error regarding units within resources of non belligerent but fully mobilized nations
when moving adjacent to them, they will now remain hidden (atshii).
• Fixed a FoW error during an air attack that did not reveal units along the flight path when a sub
dove (mdsmall).
• Fixed a PBEM login issue that did not properly handle some special characters in passwords such
as '#' or '!'.
• Fixed a PBEM save error for when a game has been 'resigned'.
• Last Turn Summary screen now has the option to list items in reverse chronological order
(georgiabulldog1).
EDITOR CHANGES
• Fixed a UNIT script error that would lead to a crash if using TYPE=2, this is no longer a valid
option for UNIT events as it should never have been applicable (RMelvin).
• STRENGTH scripts can now be amended to include an optional list of conditional
#ALIGNMENT_POSITIONs.
1939 Campaigns
• Text added to the Strategy Guides to explain that when the US convoy to the UK, or the UK's
convoy to the USSR are re-routed, it may be necessary to amend the % being sent by convoy by
going to War Maps -> Convoy Map, clicking on the relevant flag and using the arrow buttons
(EarlyDoors).
• Added symbols and text to the map showing the Italian mobilization zones, within which 2 Allied
Amphibious units or 7 naval units (including regular Transports) could trigger Italian mobilization.
• The Amphibious trigger zone for Italy to mobilize has been reduced from 20 to 19 hexes.
• Iraq now starts at 25% pro-Allied (was 20%) and its convoy to the UK in all campaigns now only
requires it to be pro-Allied, so one Axis diplomacy success alone will no longer be enough to end
Iraq's convoy to the UK (PvtBenjamin).
• Reduced the chance of the Anglo-French Expedition re DE 204 succeeding from 50% to 33%
(scum; gilthib; moca loca).
• Japanese advances in China can now stimulate the US and India moving 8-15% towards the
Allies. The triggers being an Axis unit within 3 hexes of Yenan, or within 2 hexes of Sian, Lanchow
or Chungking (Jackmck).
• Allied declarations of war against New Guinea, Sarawak and the Solomons will now reduce British
and Indian National Morale by 1,000 points per declaration (havoc1371; smckechnie).
• Amended the French Strength script for Panic caused by the Maginot Line being outflanked so
that it no longer requires Belgium to be Allied and surrendered, but instead checks solely for the
position of Axis forces (havoc1371).
• Amended the Soviet Heavy Tank spawn location near Ulan Ude so it doesn’t deploy in the
mountain (Marcinos1985).
• Switched off the Surrender_2 Event AXIS AI: Denmark Surrenders To Germany (100%)
(sschnar1).
• Allied amphibious preparations against Italy while the USA is neutral may now trigger the
deployment of up to 3 Garrison units in mainland Italy and Sicily.
• The effect of Soviet Winter on Axis units has been increased from a unit morale loss of 40-75% to
80-100%, and losses will now vary between 1 and 3 per unit, rather than 0-2 (ThunderLizard2;
Taifun).
• Fixed an error that had two Von Rundstedt HQs listed in 1939 World at War, and two Rommels
listed in 1939 Race to Victory. The second ones have now been corrected to be Von Vietinghoff.
• The USSR now receives 4 Armies rather than 2 as Siberian reinforcements (Marcinos1985).
• Added the National Morale scripts: Polish Morale Suffers From Battlefield Losses and Polish
Morale Collapses From The Loss Of Warsaw (EarlyDoors).
• DE 605 now checks for Peru being neutral but pro-Axis to fire (OldCrowBalthazor).
• DE 708 for Italy to declare war on Greece no longer requires France to have surrendered to fire
(gilthib).
• Removed the requirement for Italy to be fully mobilized from the 7th Armoured's Decision Events
DE 102, DE 156 and DE 157 (Gilber).
• The date of Denmark surrendering via DE 601 has been changed from the 14th April to the 29th
March 1940, as have those scripts relating to Norway's surrender if triggered via DE 613 or 614
that would have also taken place on the 14th April (El_Condoro; havoc1371).
• Amended the National Morale script for when the Germans near Paris so it should neither fire too
early nor too late (Tanaka; gilthib).
• The UK capital now moves to Melbourne rather than Sydney as otherwise there was the potential
for some Australian reinforcements to be unable to deploy there (OldAHGamer).
• Changed the trigger for the Mobilization_2 script #NAME= Japanese Navy Aggression In The
Atlantic (USA?Allies) so that it will not trigger if the Japanese are east of Capetown (calcwerc).
All Campaigns
• There will now be Pop Up messages at the start of the Axis turn when Hiroshima and Nagasaki
are hit by Atomic Bombs (OldCrowBalthazor).
• DE 306 added for the USA to send supplies to the USSR via Persia, with them sending 40 and the
USSR receiving 80 due to their high scarcity value in the USSR, it will also boost Soviet National
Morale, initially by 5,000 points, subsequently by 200 per turn. The Axis can prevent the arrival of
these supplies by placing a naval unit within 10 hexes of Basra port, or by controlling any hex on
the land route from Basra through Isfahan, Tehran and Rasht to Baku (pjg100; Taifun; Sgt.York)..
• Axis forces fighting in Siberia, or Soviet units advancing into Manchuria will now boost Chinese
National Morale by 7,500 points (IIo4Tu).
• DE 623 now provides the Axis with 85 Victory points (eriador08; firsteds).
• Axis vessels outside Vladivostok will now be attacked every turn if the USSR says yes to DE 407
(MisterMuffles).
• Removed the condition for Chungking to be in Allied hands for DE 408 to fire and added a
condition position for Axis forces being near Sian so that it isn't only an Axis advance on
Chungking that can trigger it (IIo4Tu).
• Edited the Winter weather for Weather Zone 39 (Ukraine up to Stalingrad) so that it will either be
Mud (30%) or Frozen (70%) and in Fall it will now have a 50% chance of Mud (Taifun; EarlyDoors;
Marcinos1985).
• Reduced the cost of Production Technology for the USSR from 175 to 150 MPPs per chit
(LoneRunner).
• The Unit Morale Bonuses and Penalties for surrendering nations has been decreased from 20-
30% to 15-25%.
• The penalty to Germany for Japan surrendering has been increased from 5,000 to 15,000
National Morale. Italy now also suffers a penalty of 5,000 points, while the USA, UK, India and
China will all receive a bonus of 10,000 points, and the USSR will receive a bonus of 5,000 points
(LoneRunner).
• The USA currently loses 25 National Morale points per turn if Hawaii including its ports are under
Axis occupation. This will now increase to 125 points per turn that Honolulu is occupied by the
Axis. It will increase to 250 points per turn from the 1st January 1943, and 350 points per turn from
the 1st January 1944 (ElvisJJonesRambo ; firsteds; taffjones; pjg100).
• The USA will now lose 50 National Morale points per turn that Manila is occupied by the Axis. This
will increase to 100 points per turn from the 1st January 1944.
• The USA will now lose 30 National Morale points per turn that American Samoa is occupied by the
Axis.
• The USA will now lose 30 National Morale points per turn that Kukum is occupied by the Axis.
• The USA will now lose 30 National Morale points per turn that Fiji is occupied by the Axis.
• The USA will now lose 30 National Morale points per turn that Guam is occupied by the Axis.
• The UK, USA and India will now lose 50 National Morale points per turn that Batavia is occupied
by the Axis.
• The UK, USA and India will now lose 50 National Morale points per turn that Sydney is occupied
by the Axis.
• The UK, USA and India will now lose 50 National Morale points per turn that Wellington is
occupied by the Axis.
• The UK and India will now lose 50 National Morale points per turn that Singapore is occupied by
the Axis.
• The UK and USA will now lose 50 National Morale points per turn that Calcutta is occupied by the
Axis, while India will lose 75.
• The US can now build two Battle Cruisers (Alcibiades73; Steely Glint; Unfortunate Son).
• Reduced the penalty from -0.5 to 0.0 for Defender's HQ (Attacker Losses < Defender Losses
(ThisEndUp).
• Yalu and Tumen Rivers added in Korea (Alcibiades73).
• Amended the Japanese Home Guard scripts to check for Amphibious Transports, with the checks
themselves now checking for longer distances than before, with some randomness built in too
(The Land).
• If China surrenders, India will now lose 5,000 National Morale points, and the UK, USA and USSR
2,500 points.
• Fixed the National Morale script for when Japan captures Canberra as it was incorrectly firing
when Melbourne was captured (EarlyDoors).
• USSR scorched earth settings for Settlement, Town and Fortified Town changed from 30-70% to
60-80% (LoneRunner).
• Mongolia now starts as 75% pro-Allied so that diplomacy could get it to join the Allies (Mithrilotter).
• Dummy US Decision DE 382 added to trigger an Italian surrender to the US if Italy's National
Morale has fallen below 1%, there is an Allied unit within 8 land hexes of Rome, and there is no
German unit in Rome. This is essentially a fall back script to account for rare occasions where
Italy may not surrender due to other reasons, generally due to her National Morale plummeting
due to multiple scripts firing in a single turn (BigJohn).
• Condition Position changed for DE 632 for Germany to raise an Egyptian Legion so that it now
requires there be either a German or Italian unit within 3 hexes of Cairo (The Land).
• Dummy Decision DE 163 added to allow historical Pop Up messages of events during the war to
be easily turned OFF by going to Options -> Advanced -> Scripts -> Decision. It is the first one in
the list, and unticking the box on the right will mean that 95% of the messages that are only there
for historical flavor, won't appear. A small number are tied into other Decision Events to ensure
they only appear at the correct time, so they will still appear (Garrison Moratto).
• The British AI will now have a Garrison unit in Basra from 1942 onwards to defend against a
Japanese amphibious invasion cutting off the Iraqi convoy (The Land).
• Added notes to the Strategy Guides to explain that Ireland, Switzerland, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia
only provide MPPs to the Allies if they join them or are conquered by them, though diplomacy can
prevent Switzerland and Turkey from providing income to the Axis (Mithrilotter).

Post #: 1
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/24/2021 1:05:40 PM   
Pavia

Too much advantage for the Soviet player. The Germans will hardly be able to hold that front in 42-43

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/24/2021 10:52:01 PM   
Elessar2

I want to see an AAR with the latest NM scripts, and how they impact Allied morale. Alas I am not aware of a current one anywhere.

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/27/2021 2:53:39 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pavia

Too much advantage for the Soviet player. The Germans will hardly be able to hold that front in 42-43

quote:

I respectfully disagree, Pavia. In my opinion...all of these USSR tweaks were necessary for game balance.
Here's the list of all the USSR 'fixes' listed alone for further discussion. Also easier to single out from the large list included in the v1.12.00 Patch:

• Amended the Soviet Heavy Tank spawn location near Ulan Ude so it doesn’t deploy in the
mountain (Marcinos1985).

• The USSR now receives 4 Armies rather than 2 as Siberian reinforcements (Marcinos1985).
• DE 306 added for the USA to send supplies to the USSR via Persia, with them sending 40 and the
USSR receiving 80 due to their high scarcity value in the USSR, it will also boost Soviet National
Morale, initially by 5,000 points, subsequently by 200 per turn. The Axis can prevent the arrival of
these supplies by placing a naval unit within 10 hexes of Basra port, or by controlling any hex on
the land route from Basra through Isfahan, Tehran and Rasht to Baku (pjg100; Taifun; Sgt.York)..

• Edited the Winter weather for Weather Zone 39 (Ukraine up to Stalingrad) so that it will either be
Mud (30%) or Frozen (70%) and in Fall it will now have a 50% chance of Mud (Taifun; EarlyDoors;
Marcinos1985).

• Reduced the cost of Production Technology for the USSR from 175 to 150 MPPs per chit
(LoneRunner).

• USSR scorched earth settings for Settlement, Town and Fortified Town changed from 30-70% to
60-80% (LoneRunner).

• Mongolia now starts as 75% pro-Allied so that diplomacy could get it to join the Allies (Mithrilotter).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 12/27/2021 2:59:34 AM >

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 4
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/27/2021 5:59:47 AM   
Pavia

You forget to say that, in conjunction with those measures that allow the Soviets to launch an investigation earlier, the Germans suffer much more in the winter with a terrible drop in morale and that supplies, already scarce, are now practically nonexistent (and I remind you that the axis vanguard units have a very limited ability to retreat therefore). It won't take a rocket scientist to stop the Germans in their tracks by the end of '42, as you won't be able to spend any money investigating what is your only advantage in this game. It must be remembered that the PPM difference between allies and axis is brutal, particularly since the USA comes into play. In my opinion the game is not balanced now, since the AXIS has it "impossible" to win in a confrontation between human players.

PS: I hope that both you and your family have had a happy Christmas and that Santa Claus "has behaved well" with you.

Un fuerte abrazo desde Espa๑a

Post #: 5
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/27/2021 7:06:10 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pavia

You forget to say that, in conjunction with those measures that allow the Soviets to launch an investigation earlier, the Germans suffer much more in the winter with a terrible drop in morale and that supplies, already scarce, are now practically nonexistent (and I remind you that the axis vanguard units have a very limited ability to retreat therefore). It won't take a rocket scientist to stop the Germans in their tracks by the end of '42, as you won't be able to spend any money investigating what is your only advantage in this game. It must be remembered that the PPM difference between allies and axis is brutal, particularly since the USA comes into play. In my opinion the game is not balanced now, since the AXIS has it "impossible" to win in a confrontation between human players.

PS: I hope that both you and your family have had a happy Christmas and that Santa Claus "has behaved well" with you.

Un fuerte abrazo desde Espa๑a

Hello my friend.
So I listed the USSR patches for v.1.12.00 here. It sounds like the one bothering you the most is the Scorched Earth' patch. Anyway I'm open for discussion with this.😎

So, when I played WaW pre v.1.12.00 as the Germans..when I got into the Soviet Union, I noticed how easy it was to keep supply up. Even though it was to my advantage...I still didn't like it.

Mean time, since this patch came up, I have been playing a friend as a 'training mission' to see how harsh the USSR is during the first winter, as the Axis. You are right that its rough. Well..it should be imo.

Atm we are into early 1942 so we are collecting more data.
I have to say that though the new scorched earth patch was rough for me..it felt right. Its comparable now to all the other East Front games I've played through the decades (board game and computer).

I believe that with the right planning after the first winter's difficulties, the Germans probably will have to focus on one main sector, like Case Blue for example. This would be more in tune with the reality of this campaign and the country it's being fought in.

Also..Yes, by the end of 1942...unless the Soviets have completely botched it..there should develop through 1943 a parity between the two sides.

What Germany has to do is get it right in 1941, carry on and hold tight through the first winter, then carry out the next phase with renewed vigor.
If they can't achieve a victory over the Soviets by 1943, then it's time to go on the strategic defence...and parry anything the Soviet does while looking to the West.

Anyway..this is my own humble opinion...and yes I am biased as I agreed with all the above 'USSR fixes'. That doesn't mean I can't change my view on this.

Btw..Santa? Santa wasn't nice this year. He brought a Siberian Express weather system here to the Northern Cascades and we are all now a bunch of frozen and naughty children. Still, we have a nice fire going.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this. Cheers Pavia!

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 12/27/2021 7:09:27 AM >

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/27/2021 11:10:21 AM   
Pavia

I think the problem, OCB, is that you intend to make a game adjusted to reality, and the reality is that it was totally impossible for the AXIS to win the war from the moment the USA entered the conflict, since the production gap it was brutal (something that the game already picks up from the beginning).
By not giving the AXIS chances of victory, and their only chance is to subdue the USSR, I think they lose interest, since everything will be summarized in a series of defensive battles in which the axis will not be able to replace their losses and / or investigate, while the allies can. With which I reckon that leading the AXIS faction and surviving until 1946 will be something worthwhile, to say the least.

PS: I'm sorry the inclement weather "spoiled" Christmas for you, but hey, you know, "White Christmas".
A hug and take care of yourself and your family, remember that in bad weather the vehicle is better not to take it, house, sofa, hot chocolate and "churros".

Post #: 7
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/27/2021 11:24:24 AM   
eriador08

As I understand this problem should be adressed by the Race to Victory games, though nobody uses them. Surviving counts as Axis victory and Allies have less time to bring their full MPP might to use, since the game ends late 1945.

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 8
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/27/2021 5:58:33 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: eriador08

As I understand this problem should be adressed by the Race to Victory games, though nobody uses them. Surviving counts as Axis victory and Allies have less time to bring their full MPP might to use, since the game ends late 1945.

Exactly, the Race to Victory campaigns have Victory Conditions attuned to PBEM where the Axis can win the game in 1945 even without having knocked out the USSR.

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 12/27/2021 6:00:28 PM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 9
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/28/2021 7:13:02 PM   
Taifun

I agree completely with OCB. After playing the game for a few years we got used to an easy advance deep into the USSR even into the Caucasus in 1941 - early 1942 with good supply. The Axis now have a hard job ahead and for the first time the supply difficulties they encountered in the USSR feel real. I played a couple of games as Axis with the new version 12.0 against seasoned players and enjoyed those games as never before due to the immense challenge that Barbarossa now represents (both times the Axis still won). I found the 2 new extra Siberian Armies a most challenging addition.
Still, the Russian front is now much better depicted, a great job has been achieved by the developers in all this years.

< Message edited by Taifun -- 12/28/2021 7:14:10 PM >

La cl้ est l'้tat d'esprit

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 10
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/28/2021 8:08:13 PM   
Marcinos1985

Balance discussion, great.
I believe that the game can be claimed pro-Allied only if Axis players go for an efficient, optimized strategy, focused on USSR and still fails. In case of match Pavia-OCB - which I watch with great interest, probably the highest quality WaW match on YT - things are too different to claim the game is unbalanced (in this case in Allied favour). That's because France fell late in this match, Barbarossa started late and preparation was just not there. For example, GER didn't buy all its available bombers, which are often death sentence for USSR. Front in China was a stalemate too, while JAP is able to deliver a mortal blow to CHN by 1941, just see some AAR's on forums. And still Germany was at the gates of Stalingrad late 1941, with reasonable advance in the North too, and Allies had to struggle. Theory and execution are 2 different things.
Axis advantages are still in place and really skilled defense of Russia is needed. Do 2-3 mistakes and it's GG in 1943. But the same holds for Axis, if they get bogged down, Allied MPP machine will prevail.
In my opinion game is the closest to 50/50 now, but at the same time we will see more Allied victories now.

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 11
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/29/2021 10:33:58 AM   
Pavia

These "new enhancements" are not implemented in the game that OCB and I maintain. Continue with the previous ones, which I cannot help but be grateful for.

For my part I have to insist, I think that by winning in realism you lose in playability.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 12
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/29/2021 5:13:45 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

I have to empathize that my YT match with Pavia is Pre-V. 1.12.00. The new patch arrived in the middle of this match we are doing.

I posted these patch notes to make it easier for me and a test partner to refer to the numerous changes while playing through a new campaign.

Thanks Marcinos for stating that this match is the highest quality WaW match on YT...that was some compliment. I have to say that Pavia has really thrown the hammer at me in the USSR. The game is into 1945...and it most certainly will go to 1947.

Still, with this said...I strongly believe the new fixes are more balanced. The Pacific component is more dynamic too...and there's a now better reason for Japan to try to hold on to the American NM trigger locations or even expand further in the Pacific than simply concentrate on China. This forces the USA to not ignore Japan and go solely at Germany. At least, great thought on the American side is needed when deciding priorities, especially if her NM is slowly getting whittled away by Japanese occupation of these trigger locations.

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 13
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/29/2021 11:38:30 PM   
Elessar2

In the game in question OCB decided to go all-in on Germany First, given their gains in Russia, which is a wise decision in the broader scheme of things.

It just means that he has built NO US Navy ships. During a period when the US was cranking out dozens of bigger ships per year (cruisers on up-hundreds if you include DD's and subs if not PT Boats). As I told him the other day, if the US is going to be that sanguine w.r.t. the Japanese, I as the Japanese will simply buy plenty of ships pre-American entry...and invade Hawaii and the West Coast in 1942.

Still want to see an AAR with the new NM rules to see just how much they force the US hand there.

Post #: 14
RE: v1.12.00 Patch Notes - 12/30/2021 3:21:37 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

In the game in question OCB decided to go all-in on Germany First, given their gains in Russia, which is a wise decision in the broader scheme of things.

It just means that he has built NO US Navy ships. During a period when the US was cranking out dozens of bigger ships per year (cruisers on up-hundreds if you include DD's and subs if not PT Boats). As I told him the other day, if the US is going to be that sanguine w.r.t. the Japanese, I as the Japanese will simply buy plenty of ships pre-American entry...and invade Hawaii and the West Coast in 1942.

Still want to see an AAR with the new NM rules to see just how much they force the US hand there.

Ah..yes the game in question I made that decision in 1942. Also said I reserve the possibility to change my mind if circumstances warrant. There will be circumstances..a lot of them haha. Stay tuned.
I do have 2 matches planned next year with other YTubers with WaW and this newest version. If I get the Axis..I definitely have some plans for the Japanese...and the Pacific.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room >> v1.12.00 Patch Notes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI