Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 6:38:56 PM   
cain012

Hello, I am trying to post an AAR to solicit feedback on my campaign performance against the AI, to gain confidence to maybe play a human player, but I can't post imgur links to my screenshots (which I've seen other users do to avoid the attachment limit). However it says "you are not allowed to post links etc from 7 days after your tenth post". Well, this will only be my third, but is it a security measure to stop spam? I have to contribute to some other threads for a while before being able to post links?

In case this is a dumb question, I also have another: is there even a market for a relative newcomer writing an AAR on their experience? Won't even do it if it's likely no one will respond. I know that the experienced PvP AARs are followed with great interest.

< Message edited by cain012 -- 12/28/2021 6:39:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 6:54:13 PM   
TitaniumTrout

Yes, it's a spam thing.

As far as a newbie AAR, just post! Not everyone wants to watch high level logistics shuffling from tier 1 players, a lot of folks are going to learn from your playthrough.

(in reply to cain012)
Post #: 2
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 7:10:40 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: cain012

Hello, I am trying to post an AAR to solicit feedback on my campaign performance against the AI, to gain confidence to maybe play a human player, ...

In case this is a dumb question, I also have another: is there even a market for a relative newcomer writing an AAR on their experience? Won't even do it if it's likely no one will respond. I know that the experienced PvP AARs are followed with great interest.

yes, just write (always good advice ). Especially if you try to link up what you are trying to achieve with what you actually do. Chuck in a few explicit questions and provide feedback (both to responses and to your earlier posts).

I'm firmly of the view that in the end there is no substitute other than playing this game to get it sorted out in your head. And that writing as you go really helps this process

(in reply to cain012)
Post #: 3
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 7:11:10 PM   
cain012

Ok thank you! I'll have to figure out what to comment on next, or else split up the initial posts individually. :)

(in reply to TitaniumTrout)
Post #: 4
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 8:03:47 PM   
Zovs

To post images (and yes you can do multiple) select the following and pasted it here in a text box:

First paste in a screen shot into imgur and then click on it to bring up this dialog box and select the second to last option to copy the test.

After its copied to your buffer, just past it into the thread text area per this screenshot:

I am using Huge thumbnail since I am using a 4k HD monitor.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to cain012)
Post #: 5
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 9:29:21 PM   
cain012

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

To post images (and yes you can do multiple) select the following and pasted it here in a text box:

First paste in a screen shot into imgur and then click on it to bring up this dialog box and select the second to last option to copy the test.

After its copied to your buffer, just past it into the thread text area per this screenshot:

I am using Huge thumbnail since I am using a 4k HD monitor.

I believe I understand this (it is what I did in my original attempt, and the preview of the post looked good). But thank you for confirming! I believe I was straight-up prohibited from posting any links (even these embedded ones) until it's proven that I'm a real human writing real posts, which requires (I guess) ten posts total and then a weeklong wait?

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 6
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/28/2021 9:58:10 PM   
TitaniumTrout

quote:

ORIGINAL: cain012
I believe I understand this (it is what I did in my original attempt, and the preview of the post looked good). But thank you for confirming! I believe I was straight-up prohibited from posting any links (even these embedded ones) until it's proven that I'm a real human writing real posts, which requires (I guess) ten posts total and then a weeklong wait?

Yup, once we confirm you're not here advertising term papers or workout regimens then you'll be good.

I like using ShareX for screenshots as it uploads straight to Imgur and then puts a link to the image so that you can just paste it into the post. It's got a lot of flexibility like that.

(in reply to cain012)
Post #: 7
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/29/2021 8:49:40 AM   
russkly

Please do post your experiences, cain012.

I too am a newbie and would benefit from seeing how you approach the game and learn its mechanics and instricacies.

I've played all the scenarios through multiple times from both sides but haven't yet had the courage to try a campaign.

Watching First Contact Gamer's excellent YouTube playthrough of Stalingrad to Berlin has also been very helpful.

(in reply to cain012)
Post #: 8
RE: Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? - 12/29/2021 6:58:57 PM   
cain012

quote:

ORIGINAL: russkly

Please do post your experiences, cain012.

I too am a newbie and would benefit from seeing how you approach the game and learn its mechanics and instricacies.

I've played all the scenarios through multiple times from both sides but haven't yet had the courage to try a campaign.

Watching First Contact Gamer's excellent YouTube playthrough of Stalingrad to Berlin has also been very helpful.

I haven't checked that out, will have to. Looking forward to being able to post what I've been doing/learning. :) I just didn't want to clog up the thread with individual posts one screenshot attachment at a time.

(in reply to russkly)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Trying to post newbie AAR, but no links? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI