Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/9/2020 10:20:54 PM   
GetAssista

Felt the itch to have a summary of the few remaining core game bugs somewhere, in case an opportunity to fix those comes along in the future. Will also update the list when more info and tests are available.

Fully tested by me as reproduceable in 1126b. No database, map, script, mod or program compatibility bugs here, only core gameplay ones.

1. All heavy industry is wiped out from the base if vacated base is auto-captured at the start of turn by row-boat party or enemy LCU presence. Other industries act as normal capture.
2. LCU moving in Strat movement mode jumps off RR track into the random neighboring hex at start of movement if the RR track path is cut this turn by enemy movement.
3. Ports which have a base level of (0) will not utilize Naval support, even if built up. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4820039
4. Setting NavSearch arcs makes patrols almost blind to enemy subs when in NavSearch mode. Other TFs are detected fine. Subs are detected fine when no arcs are set.
5. Random destruction on a captured base goes to extremes (either 100% trashed or 100% intact) with sufficiently large battles. It's not how RNG is supposed to work.
6. In AI game, if a player captures all main national bases for a nation (e.g. Chunking and Chengtu for Chinese), AI would keep spawning arriving national units in the shore base of this nation that has the largest airfield + port, as long as this sum is larger than 4. In stock 2 game against Allied AI I now have a POW camp for an entire Brit/Indian army in Chittagong, and another camp for an entire Chinese army in Foochow. Daily bombardments ahoi, let's see how much troop VPs it can harvest... Had an entire ANZAC army biding time on some remote atoll in some previous game.
7. When opposing LCUs arrive to a hex simultaneously, the hex will not display hexside control information (with "w" hotkey) until one of the sides vacates the hex. Hexside control seems to keep working as designed when subsequent entries into the hex are made even if side info is not displayed, at least with respect to movement restrictions. So it's a visual bug mostly, but annoying nonetheless.
8. BBs taking automatic reload from almost empty AKEs when returning to port with "Refuel on" will often trigger stack overflow which will overuse AKE action points, fully reload BBs, and show 60k+ supplies in affected AKEs the next turn. 60k+ overload disappears the turn after the next.
9. 3 available ways of pulling a pilot into an airgroup from the reserve pool all produce different results with respect to arrival delay and XP loss. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3847055&mpage=3&key=�
10. In a game against Allied AI, Japan-controlled Sydney will generate computer controlled transport TFs out of AK/APs disbanded in port.
11. It is possible to rearm Yamato 18.1" from AKEs regardless of the port. Not WAD, devs state overwise: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2927474 . Probably connected with #8.

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 2/15/2021 2:41:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/9/2020 10:23:30 PM   
GetAssista

reserved

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 2
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/9/2020 11:39:58 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Felt the itch to have a summary of the few remaining core game bugs somewhere, in case an opportunity to fix those comes along in the future. Will also update the list when more info and tests are available.

Fully tested by me as reproduceable in 1126b. No database, map, script, mod or program compatibility bugs here, only core gameplay ones.

1. All heavy industry is wiped out from the base if vacated base is auto-captured at the start of turn by row-boat party or enemy LCU presence. Other industries act as normal capture.
2. LCU moving in Strat movement mode jumps off RR track into the random neighboring hex at start of movement if the RR track path is cut this turn by enemy movement.
3. Ports which have a base level of (0) will not utilize Naval support, even if built up. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4820039
4. Setting NavSearch arcs makes patrols almost blind to enemy subs when in NavSearch mode. Other TFs are detected fine. Subs are detected fine when no arcs are set.
5. Random destruction on a captured base goes to extremes (either 100% trashed or 100% intact) with sufficiently large battles. It's not how RNG is supposed to work.
6. In AI game, if a player captures all main national bases for a nation (e.g. Chunking and Chengtu for Chinese), AI would keep spawning arriving national units in the shore base of this nation that has the largest airfield + port, as long as this sum is larger than 4. In stock 2 game against Allied AI I now have a POW camp for an entire Brit/Indian army in Chittagong, and another camp for an entire Chinese army in Foochow. Daily bombardments ahoi, let's see how much troop VPs it can harvest... Had an entire ANZAC army biding time on some remote atoll in some previous game.
7. When opposing LCUs arrive to a hex simultaneously, the hex will not display hexside control information (with "w" hotkey) until one of the sides vacates the hex. Hexside control seems to keep working as designed when subsequent entries into the hex are made even if side info is not displayed, at least with respect to movement restrictions. So it's a visual bug mostly, but annoying nonetheless.
8. BBs taking automatic reload from almost empty AKEs when returning to port with "Refuel on" will often trigger stack overflow which will overuse AKE action points, fully reload BBs, and show 60k+ supplies in affected AKEs the next turn. 60k+ overload disappears the turn after the next.

1. WAD. HI in the game is targeted to creating components of enemy weapons. Your side cannot use enemy weapons, therefore the HI is useless to you. And if you shut down a coal-fired blast furnace, the iron hardens and it is very hard to get the furnace working again without dismantling it.

2. Never had a unit jump into a neighbouring hex. In fact, in stock my Strat moving LCUs just stop where they are, still in Strat mode. An actual attack on the LCU can knock it out of Strat mode, but unless it retreats it stays in the same hex.

3. This is annoying, but the designers made the port level to include lighters and such to help transfer cargo ashore. This is the kind of work the NS is supposed to be helping with. Docked ships can use their cranes to unload to the dock where standard support can move the goods - no NS needed. So if the designers imagined the (0) SPS port to have no lighters or cargo nets or other means of assist, even as they were built to ports with docks later, I could see the rationale. I don't really agree with it, but I understand that argument.

4. Haven't seen that myself, but I don't use arcs all that often.

5. I haven't seen this as so extreme all the time. If the fight is fairly closely fought, the defenders seem to have time to use their demolitions before they lose control of the industry, but if the fight is a rout for the defenders, they flee before they can take time to set of the demolitions. And if the defenders lose after a moderate fight, they seem to destroy part of the industry but not all. It's a die roll, but I don't know if their are modifiers that take into account the severity of the battle - it just looks like it to me.

6. Agree about the spawning of reinforcements offshore or in isolated bases with no supply path. But in your example Chittagong troops can be gradually removed by Patrol Aircraft, subs or APDs using the "Pick up troops" option. Yeah, it's risky, but saving a cadre for later rebuild may be worth it.

7. When both sides cross a hexside on the same turn, no one owns the hexside so there is nothing to show on the "w" key press. Did I misunderstand about your situation description?

8. I have at least three bombardment TFs replenishing in port every turn (from about 20 bombardment TFs, at least six of which have BBs), and I have never seen the bug you mention. Is that a PBEM synch bug issue?.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 12:44:26 AM   
geofflambert

1. I've captured all sorts of HI and it produces supply and HI points. I don't get BB's comment. However, if your enemy voluntarily abandoned such a city before you got there, he would have utterly destroyed all the HI. So, not a bug.

Another thing about the HI, typically the destruction may consist only of removing key pieces of equipment, dies and molds and such, making the rest useless. Then the enemy can bring that equipment back if they recapture the city. The Soviets moved a heck of a lot of stuff East of the Urals before the Germans could capture it.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 12/10/2020 1:17:18 AM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 1:21:16 AM   
geofflambert

2. I believe I did have that happen to me once, moving something from Adelaide to Perth and it ended up in the middle of the desert with no roads. I don't believe it's ever happened to me as the Japanese.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 1:34:35 AM   
GetAssista

Just a reminder. I don't throw "bugs" word lightly, and I'm generally aware of what constitutes WAD, so keep that in mind before commenting. This is not a roll-call on my part to ask for similar experiences cause I'm sure a vast majority of players never encountered or paid attention to most of those occurrences. WITP is remarkably clean for a game of that scale after all. So "I for one have never seen anything like this" adds no value, sorry. Many of those things require specific circumstances. But each of these was ->
quote:

Fully tested by me as reproduceable in 1126b.

Instead what I'm interested in is reminders of other bugs of gameplay variety from the forum oldtimers. Links to related discussion threads will be greatly appreciated. I will do the testing and if it is reproduceable and indeed a bug I'll add it to the list

Post #: 6
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 7:07:13 AM   
Yaab

Flying patrol boats do not use defensive fire unlike 2E and 4Es bombers, thus they die very easily in air combat. The discussion starts from post no.13

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3722974

< Message edited by Yaab -- 12/10/2020 7:33:09 AM >

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 7
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 12:31:29 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

2. I believe I did have that happen to me once, moving something from Adelaide to Perth and it ended up in the middle of the desert with no roads. I don't believe it's ever happened to me as the Japanese.

I remember this one. I believe Michael squashed it years ago....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Post #: 8
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 4:11:39 PM   
Kull

The infamous "too many pilots in TRACOM" bug which results in skyrocketing initial experience levels for new pilot graduates. Here's the link to your post (with the first definitive screenshot).

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 9
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 4:24:13 PM   
Kull

"There are three ways to get a pilot out of the Reserve Pool, and they provide three completely different outcomes"

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 10
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/10/2020 4:55:52 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab
Flying patrol boats do not use defensive fire unlike 2E and 4Es bombers, thus they die very easily in air combat. The discussion starts from post no.13 https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3722974

Yeah, thanks, I remember that discussion. Have an experiment design in mind to check this, but will take some time.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull
The infamous "too many pilots in TRACOM" bug which results in skyrocketing initial experience levels for new pilot graduates. Here's the link to your post (with the first definitive screenshot).

+1. Also need some free time for testing that one. "Know how" is obvious in this case - just edit starting airgroups full of 90 xp pilots, cram TRACOM full and flip turns. I mean, I saw several final results of the bug, my games included, but never came to sit and observe the process unfolding in detail.

quote:

"There are three ways to get a pilot out of the Reserve Pool, and they provide three completely different outcomes"

This one goes right in, thanks

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 12/10/2020 5:06:39 PM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 11
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/11/2020 6:17:18 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I remember this one. I believe Michael squashed it years ago....GP

Pretty sure that's so.

quote:

I don't believe it's ever happened to me as the Japanese.

IIRC it happened to me in Malaya. Buggers ended up in the middle of the jungle.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 12/11/2020 6:44:22 AM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 12
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/11/2020 6:34:34 AM   
rustysi

quote:

I definitely disagree with this as a bug. I've always used search arcs, and I routinely find subs.

Now does that mean I find every sub that is under my searches. I doubt it, and that's as it should be. Those of us that have been here for a while know that one ship TF's are more difficult to locate, and that's how subs are deployed. In addition to that they are 'stealthy', and that makes them more difficult to locate. BTW that is reflected in the code in how their DL is handled.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 13
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/11/2020 6:39:17 AM   
rustysi

quote:

Yup. This one crept in some time ago. Probably went unnoticed for two reasons. Not all players place bunches of pilots in the TRACOM, and most games don't get that far into its depth.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 14
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/27/2020 4:18:28 PM   
Yaab

Torpedo bombers using bombs consistently outperform other level bombers in naval attack.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4555743&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 15
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/30/2021 2:57:42 PM   
Yaab

Merchant ships do not get EXP gains from firing their AA weapons (bug last observed in Dec 2021, updated stock scen001)

Post 27
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4041972

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 16
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/30/2021 3:01:09 PM   
Yaab

Flak and artillery values on base screen are reset to 0 everywhere if only one unit on map is divided into A/B/C subunits (last observed in December 2021, updated stock scen001)

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4654995

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 17
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/30/2021 3:07:14 PM   
Yaab

Supply cap values for the bases in Burma, India and Northern Australia are incorrect at game start (bug last observed in December 2021, updated scenarios 001 and 007)

Post 298 and later
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4692890&mpage=10&key=

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 18
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 12/30/2021 6:51:56 PM   
GetAssista

Yaab, thanks! I'll have some free time after NY and get to those hopefully.

Supply cap though seems a scenario issue, not an .exe one?

Edit: oh, and maybe Michaelm picks them up before me :D

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 12/30/2021 6:53:11 PM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 19
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/2/2022 5:01:58 PM   
Methuen

Disappearing pilots

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 20
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/2/2022 7:13:27 PM   
Methuen

Leader listed in the editor for a particular scenario and a particular unit, does not appear in game.
E.g For scenario 002 Hakko Ichiu, the leader of 31st Sentai (ID 1040) is listed as "Hayashi, Junji" (ID 181), but when you start a new game this unit is always given a random leader. Even if you use the editor to change the leader to someone else, you cannot force this change to take effect in a game.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 21
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/5/2022 1:47:46 AM   
michaelm75au

The leader is already assigned to a location. A case of duplication - not a code issue.

Attachment (1)

Michael

(in reply to Methuen)
Post #: 22
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/8/2022 4:03:25 PM   
RangerJoe

One thing that would be nice is if a patrolling Surface Combat Task Force which either runs out of ammo or is low on ammo does not keep reacting to the same enemy task force and then evade combat. Time after time in the turn, instead of having the reaction temporarily set to "zero" so it will actually Return To Base and get resupplies . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 23
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/9/2022 7:17:23 PM   
RangerJoe

One other thing that would be really nice is if the computer did not hijack some of my TFs and put them on computer control. A IJN sub patrolling past Port Arthur in the Yellow Sea in 1942? The Akagi TF being switched to computer control?

How about an invasion that is supposed to follow an ASW TF that will not move for at least 5 days during the Japanese invasion bonus period? Even with 100 fighters in a CV TF? When then goes on its own to a port and the Claudes then upgrade to Zeroes? I like the Claudes down low to use against torpedo aircraft.

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 24
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/13/2022 6:46:15 AM   
Yaab

British leaders can be selected to lead any Dutch LCU (infantry, armor, arty, BF etc) which are not directly attached to ABDA HQ. (bug last observed in January 2022, all stock scenarios)

Posts 134 and 137
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4692890&mpage=5&key=

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 25
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/16/2022 2:51:15 PM   
Alpha77

Is there a chance that something will be fixed at all? Cause 2by3 is still busy w/ WITE2 I read. Also MG seems more concerned w/closing threads and suddenly "police" the forum (when it was kind of wild west for years )... I doubt it, but I have a long list of "bugs" and suggestions some of which I posted already but scattered around.

Possibly our PBM is screwed as we had to update in different time scales and the opponent also got Win 10 and needed to re-install.

However here a pic a Judy unit which has clear order for ONLY nav attack, however they flew some kind of ground attack the animation showed ground and there is no ship to attack anyways..

Afternoon Air attack on Makin , at 136,125

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid spotted at 11 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 2 minutes

Japanese aircraft
D4Y1 Judy x 20

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y1 Judy: 6 destroyed

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
VRF-1F with F4F-4 Wildcat (1 airborne, 1 on standby, 9 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 14000 and 16810.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 56 minutes

PLUS 21 (!!) Judy shot down, CR says 6 (I know there is a small variation to FOW) when 20 only attacked. PLUS Judy is faster than Wildcat and there is only size1 AF, most of Judys SHOULD have escaped - alone due to their better speed from Wildcat (which unit already lost some planes to an action before). Note it says too 2 minutes to target. LOL. So many FASTER planes shot down by an already weakened slower plane unit with the lowest AF size LOL PLUS it is heavy cloud, did the game confuse Wildcats w/ Eurofighters or F22s???

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 1/16/2022 3:05:16 PM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 26
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/16/2022 3:30:06 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Is there a chance that something will be fixed at all? Cause 2by3 is still busy w/ WITE2 I read. Also MG seems more concerned w/closing threads and suddenly "police" the forum (when it was kind of wild west for years )... I doubt it, but I have a long list of "bugs" and suggestions some of which I posted already but scattered around.

Possibly our PBM is screwed as we had to update in different time scales and the opponent also got Win 10 and needed to re-install.

However here a pic a Judy unit which has clear order for ONLY nav attack, however they flew some kind of ground attack the animation showed ground and there is no ship to attack anyways..

Raid spotted at 11 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 2 minutes

Japanese aircraft
D4Y1 Judy x 20

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y1 Judy: 6 destroyed

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x D4Y1 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
VRF-1F with F4F-4 Wildcat (1 airborne, 1 on standby, 9 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 14000 and 16810.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 56 minutes

PLUS 21 (!!) Judy shot down, CR says 6 (I know there is a small variation to FOW) when 20 only attacked. PLUS Judy is faster than Wildcat and there is only size1 AF, most of Judys SHOULD have escaped - alone due to their better speed from Wildcat (which unit already lost some planes to an action before). Note it says too 2 minutes to target. LOL. So many FASTER planes shot down by an already weakened slower plane unit with the lowest AF size LOL PLUS it is heavy cloud, did the game confuse Wildcats w/ Eurofighters or F22s???

When a dive bomber is in its dive, it is not going at its fastest speed. Slats are deployed to slow the aircraft down and make it more stable for better aim. Ergo, the speed advantage over fighters disappears ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 27
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/16/2022 4:50:40 PM   
Alpha77

I do not buy this cause the dive is only a short and last phase...

But this does not explain anyways why this "attack" even happened and the widely different losses (6 shown, 20 flew, 21(!) losses). As shown they had only nav attack orders there was no ship to attack and it showed ground attack animation..

Also why do Japanese escorts do not fight ?

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 77
A6M5b Zero x 32
B6N2 Jill x 107

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 27

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 3 destroyed
PBY-5A Catalina: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 19

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 14000 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb
12 x A6M5 Zero sweeping at 14000 feet
19 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 14000 feet
34 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 14000 feet
7 x A6M5b Zero sweeping at 14000 feet
12 x A6M5 Zero sweeping at 27000 feet

CAP engaged:
VRF-1F with F4F-4 Wildcat (4 airborne, 10 on standby, 13 scrambling)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 15000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 38 minutes

I have 3x as much BETTER fighters... the same happened already before against ca. 30 P40, the CAP got to the bombers while the escorts do nothing or what

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 1/16/2022 4:53:52 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 28
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/16/2022 10:38:10 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

I do not buy this cause the dive is only a short and last phase...

But this does not explain anyways why this "attack" even happened and the widely different losses (6 shown, 20 flew, 21(!) losses). As shown they had only nav attack orders there was no ship to attack and it showed ground attack animation..

Also why do Japanese escorts do not fight ?

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 77
A6M5b Zero x 32
B6N2 Jill x 107

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 27

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 3 destroyed
PBY-5A Catalina: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 19

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x A6M5 Zero sweeping at 14000 feet
19 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 14000 feet
34 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 14000 feet
7 x A6M5b Zero sweeping at 14000 feet
12 x A6M5 Zero sweeping at 27000 feet

CAP engaged:
VRF-1F with F4F-4 Wildcat (4 airborne, 10 on standby, 13 scrambling)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 15000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 38 minutes

I have 3x as much BETTER fighters... the same happened already before against ca. 30 P40, the CAP got to the bombers while the escorts do nothing or what

Dive brakes and not slats or not just slats . . .

That said, even the A6M2 with its wheels and flaps down went too fast against the SBD when it was diving on its target . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 29
RE: A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE - 1/19/2022 7:33:43 AM   
Yaab

quote:

Yaab, thanks! I'll have some free time after NY and get to those hopefully.

Supply cap though seems a scenario issue, not an .exe one?

Edit: oh, and maybe Michaelm picks them up before me :D

Re supply caps. It seems to be a problem of data transfer between the Editor and WITP:AE.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> A list of core game bugs left in WITP:AE Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI