Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 12/29/2021 10:35:08 AM   
matchwood

I've attached three construction battalions to a city but damaged factories seem just to be repairing at stock rates as in the manual. Does attaching constuction to cities (as opposed to priority repairs) actually work? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 12/29/2021 3:27:24 PM   
cfulbright

Yes. Also you should click on what in the city you particularly want to repair so it focuses there. You can attach several construction units to a city to speed repair.

Cary

(in reply to matchwood)
Post #: 2
RE: Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 12/31/2021 8:54:15 PM   
matchwood

I've done some testing and I'm not seeing construction attached to cities making any change to normal repair rates. Has anyone actually seen attached constuction units make a difference?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 3
RE: Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 12/31/2021 8:56:05 PM   
matchwood

Following turn (no bombing of the city in between)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to matchwood)
Post #: 4
RE: Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 12/31/2021 9:03:35 PM   
matchwood

Stock repair rates from the manual

Attachment (1)

(in reply to matchwood)
Post #: 5
RE: Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 1/2/2022 3:19:00 PM   
cfulbright

You didn't click on either Manpower or Heavy Industry to get an asterisk next to them to indicate you want them to be prioritized for repair.

Did you so tests with and without the construction battalions?

Cary

(in reply to matchwood)
Post #: 6
RE: Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? - 1/3/2022 8:19:28 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: matchwood

I've done some testing and I'm not seeing construction attached to cities making any change to normal repair rates. Has anyone actually seen attached constuction units make a difference?

worth bearing in mind that battalions don't have that much construction capacity so its possible that their advantages are getting lost in the rounding routine

the other constraint is the need for supply as part of the repair process - but that shouldn't be an issue somewhere like Cologn

(in reply to matchwood)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Does attaching construction to a city speed up repair? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI