Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Walking into enemy hex not revealing enemy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Walking into enemy hex not revealing enemy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Walking into enemy hex not revealing enemy - 1/3/2022 1:06:41 PM   
vege1

Hi, first of all DC: Ardennes Offensive is an amazing game and I am loving it thus far.

I wanted to ask if walking into enemy held hex (that has an enemy unit and it launches combat) is supposed to reveal that there is indeed an enemy unit in the hex, or at least give the territory to the enemy? My pioneer unit failed to recognize that there was an enemy unit in the hex even though they just have been in combat (due to trying to move in the hex) and did not succeed to move in to the hex (a rural town). After this first attempt, the hex was still marked as friendly territory and I could not soften the enemy unit with artillery. So, I moved the pioneer unit again to the "friendly" hex that had the enemy in it and the combat was launched for the second time. Now finally the enemy unit was spotted and the hex was given to the enemy.

My only point of criticism is that I knew that there was an enemy unit there after the first attempt. Now I had to spend all my action points to simply spot the enemy and I was unable to launch a proper attack with the pioneer unit. The enemy unit turned out to be a small armoured unit that was destroyed with a weak infantry attack. Game version was at the time 1.00.04

Post #: 1
RE: Walking into enemy hex not revealing enemy - 1/3/2022 1:52:14 PM   
Vic

I'll need a savefile to replay this. Might already have been fixed as well with current open beta.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to vege1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Walking into enemy hex not revealing enemy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI