Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Corrupted SEC File

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Corrupted SEC File Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Corrupted SEC File - 1/5/2022 6:32:45 PM   
rhinobones

Need some help repairing a corrupted SEC file.

I was doing some H-to-H testing and saved the game on turn 5. I have no idea what I did wrong, but somehow the turn 5 SAL settings were saved in the SEC file. Opening the original SEC file showed that all units and calendar had advanced to the turn 5 positions. Using the scenario and TOAWXML editors I have been able to restore most of the scenario to its original starting point. However, there is one divided unit which does not respond to changes and repair of the GAM file. A revised GAM file can be loaded into the SCE but the divided unit changes are not accepted. It appears the parent unit and subunit attributes are hardwired into the SCE file.

So far I have tried to:
a) Delete the units from the GAM file (using Note Pad) with the intention of rebuilding the unit. The revised GAM file loads into the SCE but the deletion is not accepted.
b) Adding a 2/3 subunit so that the existing 1/3 unit can be recombined into the original parent unit. The revised GAM file loads into the SCE but the addition is not accepted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, RhinoBones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post #: 1
RE: Corrupted SEC File - 1/8/2022 5:57:35 AM   
cathar1244

Can you PM me the game file? I'll see if I can G2 what's going on with the split unit.

Cheers

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 2
RE: Corrupted SEC File - 1/8/2022 4:45:56 PM   
rhinobones

Appreciate the help. Expect a PM later today.

Regards

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Corrupted SEC File Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI