Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: My grand Campaign against the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> After Action Reports >> RE: My grand Campaign against the AI Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/6/2021 2:08:36 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

So at its simplest level, moving reserves up on roads that you know are "safe" is a good option. But, per reality, you can't overuse the roads or throw those units into combat too quick due to readiness penalty.

Yes that is pretty much it. I am assuming combat mode means deployed for combat and that would only be used really in the immediate vicinity of the frontlines. March mode for the rest unless exposed to artillery. A good simulation of reality. I think the challenge is going to be monitoring traffic buildup on roads. Also I haven't been paying attention to the readiness cost but that is probably not as big a deal when using fresh troops.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 31
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/6/2021 2:10:51 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagger2002

quote:

So at its simplest level, moving reserves up on roads that you know are "safe" is a good option. But, per reality, you can't overuse the roads or throw those units into combat too quick due to readiness penalty.

Yes that is pretty much it. I am assuming combat mode means deployed for combat and that would only be used really in the immediate vicinity of the frontlines. March mode for the rest unless exposed to artillery. A good simulation of reality. I think the challenge is going to be monitoring traffic buildup on roads. Also I haven't been paying attention to the readiness cost but that is probably not as big a deal when using fresh troops.

Worth studying the maps, e.g. the roads in particular, to assign (like historical) Marching routes | Rollbahnen to the armoured and motorised spearheads. Avoiding major traffic jams is essential for proper supply distribution as well.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 32
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/6/2021 2:28:22 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

Worth studying the maps, e.g. the roads in particular, to assign (like historical) Marching routes | Rollbahnen to the armoured and motorised spearheads. Avoiding major traffic jams is essential for proper supply distribution as well.

Klink, Oberst

Yes. The game is very well designed to require consideration of real life traffic and supply factors

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 33
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/6/2021 9:23:49 PM   
Stelteck

Dawn of the 21 december. Day 6 the offensive !!!!

My north side is holding !!

But the day was difficult for the fuel situation. My 2 spearhead divisions and the 2 divisions and 3 renforcements brigades in the way to the front are all bingo fuel and nearly stopped. Will the offensive be able to go much further than this ?

But there is hope as i'am learning more and more how to keep fuel. I understand that i was probably quite reckless with my fuel usage at the beginning. The way you move troops have a huge impact on fuel consumption. For example a tons of units shall never leave the roads.
I'am also thinking scrapping trucks and converting many motorized/mechanized infantry to foot infantry with only the guns being motorized, in order to save fuel.

I used the supply % to put 6th panzer army and 7th Army to 50% supply, keeping only the 5th Panzer army to 100% in order to try to concentrate the fuel to this spearhead army. But i'am not sûre i'am seeing any change in fuel&supply numbers currently. I did not noticed less supply for the reduced armies. Maybe i'am not looking at the right place.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 34
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/13/2021 12:43:05 PM   
Stelteck

Dawn 23 december, Day 8 of the offensive. (+2 Days).

The situation was mostly static due to lack of fuel, but installation of latest beta patch v1.00.06 allow renforcement to be moved quicker with less fuel consumption (yet not to the front yet, the renforcements only reached Bastogne).

I'am not sûre i will be able to progress a lot more, as there is now an important gap between front line troops and the renforcement and it is difficult to secure supply line.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 35
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/13/2021 8:35:10 PM   
OnWargaming

Your spearhead is pretty exposed and in danger to be cut off!

I still don't have bought this game yet because I just started a WitP:AE big campaign, but I am not sure if I can help myself during the holidays...

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 36
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/14/2021 7:12:20 AM   
Stelteck

Clearly against a human, i would be in great danger. The AI do a ok job to hold ground, but may be less dangerous in counter attack, although i see the AI trying to cut my supply line, which is good !
Although I do not thing my digital opponent have reserve south currently and it only have isolated units to play with. Most enemy reserve looks to be north.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 12/14/2021 7:13:32 AM >

(in reply to OnWargaming)
Post #: 37
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 12/20/2021 5:21:34 PM   
eddieballgame

Nice AAR with instructive comments, thank you for sharing.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 38
RE: My grand Campaign against the AI - 1/5/2022 11:29:07 PM   
GiveWarAchance

< Message edited by GiveWarAchance -- 1/25/2022 6:33:20 PM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> After Action Reports >> RE: My grand Campaign against the AI Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI