Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ units...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> HQ units... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ units... - 1/6/2022 3:33:46 AM   
OberstVonWitz

Army HQ / Corps HQ / division HQ / other HQ

In a army type (for want of a better word) there are generally 4-5 HQ.

Some are like LVII Mot Corps (3rd Panzer Corps), 3rd Panzer Group (AGC). The itemization of the group is important.

When attaching rail repair units to these ( HQ) some are available and some are not. The one's that ARE are often the important one's for HQ control of sub units. I have frequently had to drag these of to get things to work.

WHY cannot rail repair units attach to any HQ that is available in the HQ types ?

In a similar vein, combat units will not attach to some HQ insofar that they are not available from the list.

Finally, given some of the above WHY supply so many HQ that simply don't seem to do anything overlyuseful?

I am hoping that someone actually does have a USE for " not available for anything" HQ units.

Thank you

Post #: 1
RE: HQ units... - 1/6/2022 1:53:53 PM   
carlkay58

Some answers from my experience:

Corps HQ - command radius of 5 - controls divisions supplying them with SUs to support them in combat and logistical/fortification abilities. Best support is if the HQ has not yet moved in the turn as they will supply all combats but only Deliberate Attacks if it has moved. Supplies the best chance of leadership roll success. It has to combine with another Corps HQ to have any affect on supply capacity.

Army HQ - command radius of 15 - controls Corps and divisions supply them with SUs within a range of 5 to support in combat and logistical/fortification abilities. It is a good SU holder for transferring SUs between Corps. But is much less likely to do so than a Corps HQ. Gives a leadership roll success and it USUALLY has better command abilities than a Corps commander. If stacked on a rail depot will increase the supply capacity of the depot.

Army Group/Front HQ - command radius of 45 - controls Army/Corps/Divisions with very reduced leadership capabilities. It is a good SU holder for all units in its command for transferring SUs around. Usual role is to increase the supply capacity of a depot drawing additional supply to help the units in its command.

High Command - command radius of 90 - controls all friendly units on map. Able to do some leadership support but very unlikely. It is the place that SUs enter the theater. It is able to distribute these SUs as needed to any other HQ on the map that can trace a land supply line back to the HQ. It does help with the supply capacity of a depot but is usually far to the rear.

There are other types of HQs: rail repair, air commands, etc. These are mostly game mechanic HQs that must be present on the map for the game to work properly but have little or no other effect. Rail repair HQs are there for rail conversion/repair and no other abilties beyond that. These are, however, a minority of HQs present in the game. Only the Air Command HQs are totally useless but they must be present on the map in order for the game to work properly.

(in reply to OberstVonWitz)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ units... - 1/6/2022 2:44:10 PM   
Zovs

WITE2 does not have a concept of Division HQ's.
Please read:

21.11 (all)
33.3 (all)
37.2 (all)
38.3 (all)
38.6 (all)

Your understanding will greatly be improved.

Your current concepts are incorrect.

OKH ->
-> Army Group X
-> Army X
-> Corps all

For example, i.e., OKH -> AGN -> 18th Army -> I Corps -> 1st Infantry Division, etc.

The Order of Battle screen is your friend.

Again the manual is your friend on RR.

22.6 (all)

Everything else you wrote or asked can be answered in the manual and most of your assumptions are incorrect based on incorrect assumptions.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ units... - 1/7/2022 5:45:03 AM   
OberstVonWitz

< Message edited by OberstVonWitz -- 1/9/2022 7:36:27 AM >

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 4
RE: HQ units... - 1/7/2022 5:51:30 AM   
Jango32

Are you still not using the FBDs to repair the railway even after Zovs' detailed, step by step breakdown?

Post #: 5
RE: HQ units... - 1/7/2022 6:25:08 AM   
Speedysteve

Pelton doesn’t listen or read I’m afraid. Same as Wite1….you’ll find it most beneficial to just ignore the posts…..he’ll just constantly create topic after topic claiming x or y is broken. Even when given clear instructions, manual references or a detailed response he’ll just carry on blindly ignoring what’s been said to continue the agenda….

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 6
RE: HQ units... - 1/7/2022 7:11:49 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: OberstVonWitz

and most of your assumptions are incorrect based on incorrect assumptions.

This is based on doing stuff on the map mainly with RR units at this point. I am attempting to get use out of (the many) HQ that don't seem to do anything. If that's faulty or an assumption or or or..

As far as I can see 50% of HQ units are not combat useful OR cannot be used at all for rail repair units. Time will tell..

Hi Pelton, spare us the endless spam posts?

Post #: 7
RE: HQ units... - 1/7/2022 8:08:13 AM   
Gunnulf

Surely Pelton was quite experienced, with the Axis at least, and these are concepts for HQ that are relatively unchanged? Are you sure this is one and the same, presumably I am missing some key tell.

"Stay low, move fast"

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 8
RE: HQ units... - 1/9/2022 7:34:46 AM   
OberstVonWitz

Hi,

Thank you for the "you stupid ass post". " he’ll just carry on blindly ignoring what’s been said to continue the agenda…."

Amazingly however I am able to follow "move the rail unit and click the top item to change the rail from red to yellow". This is simple as it stands.

Sometimes however the unit itself doesn't move or the top item, the one that changes the rail from not- fixed to fixed just stays "-". This is in the movement part of the turn.
I will try to post a short video on YT to show where this happens etc

At the present I am wondering what happens when the allocation is manually changed from one HQ to another ( which is going to be often). Then how one manages to get the RR unit to go
within say 2 hexes of precisely where you want it to go. This is especially important when there are multiple train lines and and you are trying to fix particular ones.

My interest and focus was in maximizing the felicity of rail repair where you want it the fastest way. Perhaps on two ends of a line etc.

The side issue associated with this is is dragging HQ MAIN units that affect combat units and instead having to use them as RR HQ units exclusively for a short time .
The combat side usually well ahead of the rail repair side.

(in reply to Gunnulf)
Post #: 9
RE: HQ units... - 1/9/2022 7:08:34 PM   
Speedysteve

Amazing. Thanks for the insight…

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 10
RE: HQ units... - 1/9/2022 8:47:02 PM   
RedBunny

quote:

OberstVonWitz

Anyone want to start a pool on when "OberstVonWitz" gets banned? Again.

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> HQ units... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI