Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First Tech Build

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> First Tech Build Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Tech Build - 10/31/2021 4:38:28 PM   
klschult

By country, what is your top priority tech build?
Post #: 1
RE: First Tech Build - 10/31/2021 4:54:55 PM   
klschult

I play somewhat differently as I play against the AI with victory conditions of "capture every hex on the map."

Germans - Amphibious Warfare and Advanced Sub. The first is key to taking Britain. The second helps defeat the UK and US Navies.

Italians - Amphibious Warfare. For use against Britain, Canada and the US.

French - Infantry Warfare. To live.

British - Infantry Warfare and Anti-Submarine Warfare. For France to live and end the submarine threat.

Russia - Infantry Warfare. To minimize losses.

(in reply to klschult)
Post #: 2
RE: First Tech Build - 11/1/2021 1:07:24 AM   
Soulcollector

When I play Axis against the AI, I usually spend my MPP in the following order:

Germany: Advanced Tanks, Earth Ground Weapons, Fighters! These are the key Weapons for the germans and you will always want them to be better then the allied counterparts. Next things are Industrial Tech, Long range Aircrafts and Infantry Weapons. When I start Barbarossa in spring 41, then I want my tanks and infantry at least on lvl 2. During the first winter I upgrade the tanks and aircraft to whatever available level. By the end of 42 I am able to conquer the 3 main goals (Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow).

Italy: Infantry Weapons and Infantry Warfare. If youre lucky, you reach level 1 Inf Wpns when you start the war in north africa. After that I spend on Fighters/Long range to protect france against the british/us air attacks.

(in reply to klschult)
Post #: 3
RE: First Tech Build - 1/7/2022 3:38:56 PM   
Duedman

After thinking a lot about Italy I think the only reasonable thing to do is Infantry Weapons, better HQs and then Anti Air.
Build an Italien AA right away and shuffle to NA. Maybe even a second. Tremendously helps to counter Carriers that hunt your airforce.
Also, Italien capital ships with AA1 or later AA2 suddenly can sit into exposed harbors with no fear of carrier attacks.

Everything else is not worth the effort imho
And as for the suggestion with amphibious warfare: Minor German allies all have their own transport limit.
So if Germany has the tech for 1 Long Range Transport you can actually already field many (1 German, 1 Finnish, 1 Romanian.... you get the idea).
Thats why I would not bother researching it with Italy.

(in reply to Soulcollector)
Post #: 4
RE: First Tech Build - 1/8/2022 1:01:15 PM   
PvtBenjamin

SU - Sell AT - two chits Ind Tech then Infantry weapons (could be argued the other way around). Need to always have a chit on Inf wpns & try to have two on Ind tech

US - Ind tech/Ind Tech/S&I- sell nothing

Brits - AA/AA (first two chits imperative) - sell nothing

France - no research -not possible

(in reply to Duedman)
Post #: 5
RE: First Tech Build - 1/9/2022 9:07:17 PM   
bortutoth

Germany: Advanced Tanks, Ground Attack Weapons, Ind. Tech, Logistics

Italy: Inf. Weapons, Anti-Air

Britain: Inf. Weapons, Anti-Air, Adv. Fighters

USA: Ind. Tech, Prod. Tech, Logistics

Soviets: Inf. Weapons, Armored Warfare, Inf. Warfare, Anti-Air, Ind. Tech

France/Poland: -

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 6
RE: First Tech Build - 1/10/2022 1:46:00 AM   
Taxman66

FYI, the UK starts with a chit in Inf Weapons, they can't buy another until they get the tech.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to bortutoth)
Post #: 7
RE: First Tech Build - 1/30/2022 2:51:18 PM   
nrkarp

For Italy I go all-in on naval, making their large fleet a real threat. They never have enough income to really build up either of the other services, so I use their HQ's for supply boost, ground units for partisan garrisons, and two starting air units only after higher tech GE air has suppressed hostile fighters.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 8
RE: First Tech Build - 1/30/2022 11:55:24 PM   
Bavre

quote:

ORIGINAL: nrkarp

For Italy I go all-in on naval, making their large fleet a real threat. They never have enough income to really build up either of the other services, so I use their HQ's for supply boost, ground units for partisan garrisons, and two starting air units only after higher tech GE air has suppressed hostile fighters.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soulcollector
Italy: Infantry Weapons and Infantry Warfare. If youre lucky, you reach level 1 Inf Wpns when you start the war in north africa. After that I spend on Fighters/Long range to protect france against the british/us air attacks.

The game actually has an interesting alternative here: Germany gets 2 fighters from minors (Finns and Romania) and can build a third one (Hungary). As those are minor units they have German tech and can be commanded not only by their own HQs, but any HQ of a major on the same team. My initial air cover usually consists of those 3 under an Italian HQ. Later on they will of course not be enough in the west, but at that time you'll need German HQs there anyway.
All I use the Italian fighter for is normally cover vs convoy raides from air units, as this just requires any fighter to be present and involves no actual fighting.

(in reply to nrkarp)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> First Tech Build Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI