Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Play Test: The Cold Planet #1: The Red Sun Illuminates Taiwan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Play Test: The Cold Planet #1: The Red Sun Illuminates Taiwan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Play Test: The Cold Planet #1: The Red Sun Ill... - 10/17/2021 6:16:07 PM   
SunlitZelkova

In a world where the COVID-19 pandemic never happened, Sino-American relations have continued to deteriorate.

In early 2027, a massive earthquake devastates the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. With the US economy in recession and key US naval facilities heavily damaged, China decides to act upon its promise to solve the "Taiwan question" before 2049.

Notes-

1. Complexity and difficulty settings are WIP. They can be changed upon suggestion to do so.

2. Some Taiwanese ships lack names and only have a pennant number. This is because I am unfamiliar with Taiwanese ship naming conventions.

3. You are not able to attack Taiwanese highway dispersal strips. This because I could not figure out how to make multi-unit airfields hidden and there would probably be multiple dispersal strips in real life, making attack very difficult.

Suggestions for improvement and comments are obviously welcome. Please do not hesitate to criticize, I am completely open to even large changes to the scenario it improve it.

NOTE- The scenario has been heavily modified. See most recent post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SunlitZelkova -- 2/13/2022 4:06:08 AM >

Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Play Test: Second Pacific War #1: Taiwan. ... - 1/9/2022 2:33:15 AM   
SunlitZelkova

I have updated the scenario.

Changes-

1. Cyberattack now actually occurs, knocking comms out for a large number of SAM and radar units. Previously it was assumed the cyberattack was either defeated or negated through analog communication means

2. Updated to the latest DB (DB3000 v492), thus requires update 1.04 to play.

3. Changed J-6s to J-6 UAVs as a result of its addition to the DB

4. Added more ammunition to bases

As there was no replies when I first posted it, I thought I would provide a little more info about the scenario.

You are in command of a few regiments of the PLAAF, supported by some PLARF and PLAN units. You task is striking targets in the northern third of Taiwan.

Order of battle-

25th Air Brigade- J-10C x 18
41st Air Brigade- J-11BG x 16
8th Air Brigade- J-31A x 20
83rd Air Brigade- JH-7AII x 18
3rd Platoon- J-6W UAV x 24
5th Platoon- J-6W UAV x 24
2nd UAV Regiment Detachment 1- GJ-11R UAV x 4
77th Regiment- KJ-200 x 3

Targets consist of a couple air bases, government/leadership targets in Taipei, and the entire air defence network, along with the navy bases and ships in the region.

This is intended to be the beginning of a collection of scenarios/campaign looking at a war in the Pacific in 2027.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Play Test: Second Pacific War #1: Taiwan. ... - 2/13/2022 4:18:13 AM   
SunlitZelkova

I have made an update based on further play testing. This will likely be the final version.

Changes-

1. Added ballistic missile reloads

2. Added even more ammunition and extended duration by 12 hours

3. Completely changed title as a result of a rework of the scenarios/campaign. The campaign is titled "The Cold Planet" as this is no longer intended to represent merely the Pacific conflict in the world of the scenarios. The scenario is titled "The Red Sun Illuminates Taiwan". The previous plan was to split the whole Taiwan strike scenario into three smaller scenarios but this would have been repetitive so I scrapped the idea

4. Significantly edited the briefing. It was very wall-of-text-like previously, it is a bit more organized now

5. Added some more special messages

I also edited the complexity and difficulty rating as part of the description.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Play Test: Second Pacific War #1: Taiwan. ... - 2/16/2022 7:16:58 PM   
AndrewJ

The briefing indicates that the cyber-attack will happen at 17:11, but the actual event trigger is set for 17:41. Which is correct?

Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Play Test: Second Pacific War #1: Taiwan. ... - 2/17/2022 3:52:33 AM   
SunlitZelkova

It should be 17:11. Thanks for catching it!

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario Play Test: Second Pacific War #1: Taiwan. ... - 2/17/2022 9:46:29 PM   
SunlitZelkova

Here is an updated version with the time fixed.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Play Test: The Cold Planet #1: The Red Sun Illuminates Taiwan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI