Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is rail repair different when Head to Head?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Is rail repair different when Head to Head? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/9/2022 10:54:27 PM   
DarenMoss

My assumption (based on games v the AI) is that rail repaired for by the R.A.D. units is available for freight/rail that turn. For instance the 2 hexes north of Memel (179,136) and (179,136) typically auto repair at the beginning of Turn 2 and depending on how lucky you were with the 70/30 lottery you can typically see that all the 'yellow' dots connected to these have now become axis railways. Ditto a few around Riga if you managed to capture it in Turn 1.

However, in my H2H game, even though (179,136),(179,136) and Liepaja were all auto-repaired by R.A.D. units some of the the yellow dots around Liepaja converted to rail. All the ones north of Memel remain unusable. Is this W.A.D, a bug or is there some under lying procedure that means it isn't automatic and I've just been unlucky? The ones around Riga seem to have converted normally when a R.A.D. unit there successfully repaired the Rail there.

This was the case in my H2H game:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DarenMoss -- 1/9/2022 11:11:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/9/2022 11:16:03 PM   
DarenMoss

and this was the case in my game vs the AI:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 2
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 7:51:14 AM   
Stamb

R.A.D units are a lottery, maybe they will repair hexes that you want, or they can repair every hex, except a one that is really needed! I was proposing if players can have control at least of some of them to repair 2-3 hexes where player wants, but it not gonna happen.

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 3
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 8:13:18 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenMoss

and this was the case in my game vs the AI:

it all looks WAD to me, in this image the line coming from the east is green - so repaired and connected, so you either repaired something or got lucky with the captures. The first image that line is yellow/red so somewhere there is a broken connection

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 4
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 9:44:47 AM   
DarenMoss

Loki, Thank you. Probably my lack of understanding, I thought all the yellow dots connected to a repaired hex turned green, so was expecting the 6 yellow's to change and allow new reinforcements to be railed across them.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 9:47:30 AM   
Jango32

They do turn green; the problem is that you have four railway hexes that are red because they weren't chosen (pure RNG based on proximity) for the RAD units to repair this turn.

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 6
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 9:47:44 AM   
Stamb

Yellow means that they are repaired but not connected to a working rail line, which is green. There are 2 options: enemy is in the hexes near a railroad - it becomes yellow, or there are some damaged hexes on the way.

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 7
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 11:58:43 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenMoss

Loki, Thank you. Probably my lack of understanding, I thought all the yellow dots connected to a repaired hex turned green, so was expecting the 6 yellow's to change and allow new reinforcements to be railed across them.

by the look of it, you've just repaired the connection this turn (the orange hexes?), if so it will flip from yellow to green next turn. In the AI case, the rails around Priekule are connected off image to the east?, in your MP game that linkage is broken somewhere

hexes retain a notional 1% damage in the turn they are repaired, so there is a turn delay in becoming operational

(in reply to DarenMoss)
Post #: 8
RE: Is rail repair different when Head to Head? - 1/10/2022 2:34:08 PM   
DarenMoss

Got it. Thank you all.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Is rail repair different when Head to Head? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI