Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loss evasion_Naval combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Loss evasion_Naval combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loss evasion_Naval combat - 1/13/2022 6:25:05 AM   
Yvan1326

Score: 0
Hello
when modifying loss evasion in penalty / naval combat bonus, how the program handles negative values:
eg How does a battleship react in a port that would have a% defense loss of naval evasion of -50% attacked by another ship?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Yvan1326 -- 1/13/2022 6:27:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Loss evasion_Naval combat - 1/13/2022 1:05:15 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
EDIT: I had to double check this and this is the penalties/bonuses screen, so a negative number is fine as this is not the default, but what would either be added or subtracted to the default.

For example, if the default loss evasion for a naval unit is 100%, and you set it to -50% when in port, then the naval unit would have a loss evasion of 50% when in port.

Hopefully this makes sense,
Hubert

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 1/13/2022 3:07:15 PM >

(in reply to Yvan1326)
Post #: 2
RE: Loss evasion_Naval combat - 1/13/2022 4:30:09 PM   
Yvan1326

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

EDIT: I had to double check this and this is the penalties/bonuses screen, so a negative number is fine as this is not the default, but what would either be added or subtracted to the default.

For example, if the default loss evasion for a naval unit is 100%, and you set it to -50% when in port, then the naval unit would have a loss evasion of 50% when in port.

Hopefully this makes sense,
Hubert

ok it is also logical
thank you
another question : if the loss evasion for a naval unit is negative, what happens?

< Message edited by Yvan1326 -- 1/13/2022 4:33:24 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Loss evasion_Naval combat - 1/14/2022 10:14:37 AM   
BillRunacre

These settings are contingent on the unit type being in a resource or terrain type, i.e. it isn't possible to set a negative evasion % for a naval unit when it is outside a port.

Consequently, setting a negative evasion % for a unit in Port or Major Port are the only circumstances where a chance of evasion can be amended to be lower than its default.

I've just run a test and if the negative evasion for being in a Port is set to 100% then the naval unit will not evade any damage when attacked.

Hopefully that helps?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Yvan1326)
Post #: 4
RE: Loss evasion_Naval combat - 1/14/2022 4:53:29 PM   
Hubert Cater

Just to add to what Bill wrote, and in case it is not quite clear, you set the defaults for each unit, and each country via the Campaign->Edit Country Data->Edit Combat Target Data screen.

After that, you can set the adjustments, e.g. the bonuses or penalties, as you've shown above via the Campaign->Edit Penalties/Bonuses screen.

This hopefully helps to answer the question as loss evasion can never be negative by default, but the penalty can be set to negative as it is then cumulative in game as to what the final value will be as I indicated above in my previous example.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
RE: Loss evasion_Naval combat - 1/14/2022 5:14:35 PM   
Yvan1326

A great thank for your fast and clear answer.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Loss evasion_Naval combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI