Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) - 1/17/2022 12:47:08 AM   
fulcrum28

I am using the method attached below to use 4K monitor.
The graphics and UI looks good. But I have a problem with the data that shows up when you hover the mouse pointer above the map. The lat/long numbers as well as other data appear too close, like if they were slightly stretched and slightly overlapping each other.

In addition, the message log box fonts are too small to read them for long time comfortably. Is there away to increase the message events log information box in larger font size?

=================

1) Navigate to the Command installation folder. Right-click on the file Command.exe to bring up the file properties dialog. In the compatibility tab check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" check box and in the drop down for that, select "System".

2) ONLY IF USING STEAM: Navigate to the Command installation folder. On the folder \GameMenu_CMANO, right click on the file autorun.exe to bring up the file properties dialog. In the compatibility tab check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" check box and in the drop down for that, select "System". (Thanks to Mark Doran for the tip!)

NOTE: In CMO, there is no GameMenu_CMANO folder. Instead, right-click on the file "Launcher.exe" and apply the tweak as described above.

3) Delete the file Command.ini (located in [Command install folder]\Config)

4) Run Command. The UI should now lay out correctly without any distortions.
Post #: 1
RE: 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) - 1/19/2022 10:11:40 AM   
Dimitris

Can we see a screenshot ?

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 2
RE: 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) - 1/19/2022 2:31:08 PM   
fulcrum28

quote:

Hello Dimitris,

I attach screenshot. It is 4K monitor. If you see the letters using 1080p monitor resolution, they look much better, at least some separation between letters.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) - 1/19/2022 2:58:56 PM   
Dimitris

I do not understand the problem. Is the problem that against a light background the letters stand out less?

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 4
RE: 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) - 1/21/2022 10:50:56 AM   
fulcrum28

The problem is that I dont see clearly the letters and it is difficult to read them. They look much smaller in my 4k monitor at high resolution, this is an enlarged screenshot. The letters are also stretched inwards so they are closers to each other than what you see in a standard 1080P monitor. White letters on white/yellow desert background is a bad choice. The fonts are also not the best ones. The border of letters looks open, the tittles over a lowercase "i" look like U-umlaut etc..

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) - 1/22/2022 4:11:47 PM   
BDukes

Deserts in Sentinel kills me. Good thing there are lots of choices.

Attachment (1)

Don't call it a comeback...

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> 4k monitor (lat, long letters too close each other) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI