Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Troop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> The Troop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Troop - 1/17/2022 3:12:06 PM   
bairdlander2

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363740/The_TroopNice demo,bought the early access.
Post #: 1
RE: The Troop - 1/18/2022 1:05:53 AM   
Rosseau

Please let us know what you think about it. I played the demo quite a while ago, and unless it has been updated, it seemed (obviously) pretty unfinished. Thanks!

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 2
RE: The Troop - 1/18/2022 2:40:43 PM   
coachi

Needs save feature. Either you sit for over two hours or lose progress

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 3
RE: The Troop - 1/18/2022 6:22:57 PM   
wodin

I found the demo lacking in some way, it didn't convince me to but it on my wishlist sadly.

(in reply to coachi)
Post #: 4
RE: The Troop - 1/19/2022 1:16:20 AM   
bairdlander2

Deleted

< Message edited by bairdlander2 -- 1/20/2022 1:04:27 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: The Troop - 1/19/2022 1:23:39 AM   
bairdlander2

I like it a lot.The EA version has many new scenario's playable as both sides.Some are quite large.The replay ability value is high as the AI never deploys in same place or makes same moves.The game is a cross of Close Combat and XCom.The cut scenes when you are firing a tank or AT against enemy or vice versa are great.Yes there are issues but overall having played 90 hours I have got my money's worth.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 6
RE: The Troop - 1/19/2022 2:36:21 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander2

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I found the demo lacking in some way, it didn't convince me to but it on my wishlist sadly.

Not interested,yet you asked the developer for a free copy of the game to review.

I wouldn't be the one reviewing it.

Oh we don't get free games, the price we pay is a review which may actually make a sale or two etc, win win!

ALso how do you know we asked for a review copy, as I can't actually remember asking for one to be honest. Plus if we got a copy I wont be reviewing, we do have four other team members you know.

As far as I know we haven't received a review copy.

Also we only review games etc that are sent to us for the price of a review as it wouldn't be fair on those who do if we also paid others for their games to review.

We don't get paid to do this and all companies who send us their products have been very happy with what we do.

If you've noticed I very rarely review games so it's my team members who get the games etc not me. Out of order what you're trying to imply here.

After checking the demo I wouldn't be following up the request to review the game.

See what we do is if we see something we think we may like we contact the developer, publisher etc if they want us to review. Now if say a demo is released after our request and we don't like it we will contact the developer, publisher saying how we feel and we will cancel the request. Sometimes we've received a game that didn't have a demo we didn't enjoy and we again contact the developer etc and say we can either publish a negative review or not review game at all. WE will then obviously delete any install files etc as why keep a game you don't like. This only applies to PC Games for boardgames we have to be very certain we are going to like the game before we receive it. I hope that satisfies you.

BAng out of order your comments just because you like the game.

Before shouting your mouth off please make sure you are on solid ground and know all the facts etc.

AWNT team have been very happy after all the great feedback on the DC Ardennes review, then along comes your post.

I'm certain I've never had any issue with you before so really can't get my head around why you posted that comment.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/19/2022 3:03:56 AM >

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 7
RE: The Troop - 1/19/2022 8:09:55 AM   
wodin

OK it seems my new team member approached the developer through Steam. I was unaware, plus if he wants it he will be reviewing it not me. He most likely will like the game. So no underhand slyness or whatever is or has gone on.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: The Troop - 1/21/2022 8:05:29 AM   
wodin

OK all sorted. Everyone is friends again:)

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: The Troop - 1/24/2022 11:21:17 AM   
mainsworthy

I saw this game but asumed it was real pausable time, BUT great! its turn based. I may buy it in the future but too expensive at the mo, plus you can get the new vietnam game here on matrix for the same price,

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> The Troop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote