Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! Page: <<   < prev  202 203 204 [205] 206   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/1/2021 4:39:34 PM   
Zovs

Thanks Nomad.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6121
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/1/2021 5:06:58 PM   
Zovs

So it looks like this program will not run on a 64 bit machine. Too bad.

C:\Matrix Games\WITP-AE-Tools\WitPTracker AE Release 1.11>java -Xms512m -Xmx640m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Matrix Games\WITP-AE-Tools\WitPTracker AE Release 1.11\pwsdll7.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:20)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:99)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:141)

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 6122
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/1/2021 5:50:24 PM   
floydg

The DLL used to load the save file relies on Java 6. We have an updated DLL in the package that should work for Java 7 and 8, but I'm not sure it will work for any later releases (though I see no reason why it wouldn't).

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6123
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/1/2021 7:35:14 PM   
Nomad

I'm using version 1.8.0_291 I have had no problems with it. And it does not matter if your machine is a 32-bit or a 64-bit, in fact I would be surprised if you had a 32-bit windows machine.

One interesting fact is that Tracker will run using 64-bit Java, but you can not load a new turn in 64-bit Java. That is because the dll used to load new turns is a 32-bit program.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 12/1/2021 7:37:48 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6124
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/1/2021 10:17:22 PM   
Zovs

Well I just can’t get it to work at all.

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6125
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/1/2021 10:43:06 PM   
Nomad

Did you download a 32-bit version of Java? It can take a bit of doing to find it.

Go to Java.com
press the Java download button in the middle of the screen

Towards the bottom of the next screen is a hyperlink called See all Java downloads, select it

In the Table labeled windows select the middle option, windows offline.

Put it somewhere outside of the regular java downloads. Run the downloaded program and
again put the files someplace other that the default. I put mine in a separate folder just for it.

In your Witptracker.bat file point to the specific location where you put the 32-bit program.
If you just use java it will default to the 64-bit one.

My bat file

"c:\nomads 32 bit java\installation\bin\java.exe" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

< Message edited by Nomad -- 12/1/2021 10:52:00 PM >

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 6126
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/2/2021 11:16:45 AM   
Zovs

Thank you Nomad that worked like a charm! Thanks for the detailed Java and batch file instructions!

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6127
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/3/2021 6:00:09 PM   
Lokasenna

I keep running into this intermittent and unpredictable issue when trying to read in a new turn:

quote:

java -Xms768m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 7 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\\Desktop\TrackerO\pwsdll7.dll: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command

System memory usage at 47% (of 32GB). I've fiddled with the -Xms and -Xmx tags and it doesn't seem to matter whether I put 512, 768, or 1024 in any of them, in any combination.

I haven't changed anything and Trackers "installed" in different folders on my desktop never had this issue.

Sometimes closing other apps and re-loading Tracker, then trying the turn again, would work. Today it isn't working.

Any help tracking this down? It's highly irritating and it is only happening with this instance of Tracker, not those I use(d) for other games. It's the exact same Tracker files, just in a different subfolder.

Edit to add:
Windows 10
Tracker version 1.10

java -showversion
java version "1.8.0_261"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b12)

Edit 2:
Just tried it 3 more times and it worked this time. I closed another app that may use Java but... WTH?

< Message edited by Lokasenna -- 12/3/2021 6:05:32 PM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6128
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/8/2021 8:06:08 AM   
Yaab

Found an annoying feature in Tracker

Went to:

Industry > Supply/Fuel > Luzon

First turn data
Supply 60k , Fuel 120k, Res 10k

First turn data as reviewed on turn 22
Supply 55k(?), Fuel 14k (?), Res 100(?)

Tracker seems to back-input the current LUZON definition into previous turns. On turn 22, Allied-controlled LUZON is reduced to Bataan/Manila/Batangas/Mauban and the revised first turn LUZON data is correct for Bataan/Manila/Batangas/Mauban stocks on the first turn.

How do I now it? Clark Field starts with 100k fuel on turn 2. Since I longer hold Clark Field on turn 22, the 100k fuel is now omitted from the turn 2 data. On turn 5 the fuel ping-ponged back to Manila and I trapped the fuel with stockpile option in Manila

The feature renders Tracker almost useless for any long-term data comparison.

Pic of the revised first turn data as viewed on turn 22

< Message edited by Yaab -- 12/8/2021 8:10:19 AM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6129
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/11/2021 11:09:26 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I keep running into this intermittent and unpredictable issue when trying to read in a new turn:

quote:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\\Desktop\TrackerO\pwsdll7.dll: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command

System memory usage at 47% (of 32GB). I've fiddled with the -Xms and -Xmx tags and it doesn't seem to matter whether I put 512, 768, or 1024 in any of them, in any combination.

I haven't changed anything and Trackers "installed" in different folders on my desktop never had this issue.

Sometimes closing other apps and re-loading Tracker, then trying the turn again, would work. Today it isn't working.

Any help tracking this down? It's highly irritating and it is only happening with this instance of Tracker, not those I use(d) for other games. It's the exact same Tracker files, just in a different subfolder.

Edit to add:
Windows 10
Tracker version 1.10

java -showversion
java version "1.8.0_261"

Edit 2:
Just tried it 3 more times and it worked this time. I closed another app that may use Java but... WTH?

Still having this issue, and only with one particular Tracker folder.

I've played around with the maximum heap space (-Xmx) number and can't figure it out or resolve it. I'm in 64-bit Windows, but I think it's 32-bit Java VM?

Shouldn't the 32-bit Java VM allow values of -Xmx up to 1.6 GB? (https://java2blog.com/could-not-reserve-enough-space-for-object-heap/)

More to the point, why is this happening for a game save file that's still in January 1942? The database isn't very big at all yet.

And why doesn't it happen with my other Tracker folder that is also playing the Allies, is in 1943, and uses -Xms512m -Xmx512m in its command line? Why wouldn't that one run out of heap space? It doesn't - it works fine.

When Tracker loads up, it's in the ~440-480MB range in my task manager. How does it not have enough space between 400M and the 1300M that I have been able to set the -Xmx on to load a turn? It makes zero sense.

Edit 2: I made a fresh folder, switched back to -Xms512m -Xmx512m (which I'd already tried and are the same parameters on my other functioning Trackers), and then loaded a fresh database. I then loaded the new turn. It worked. When I looked at how much RAM it was taking up, it was over 600MB. If the heap stack space is limited to 512MB... This makes no sense to me.

< Message edited by Lokasenna -- 12/11/2021 1:25:57 PM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6130
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/13/2021 10:48:24 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Edit to add:
Windows 10
Tracker version 1.10

java -showversion
java version "1.8.0_261"

Edit 2:

I've played around with the maximum heap space (-Xmx) number and can't figure it out or resolve it. I'm in 64-bit Windows, but I think it's 32-bit Java VM?

Shouldn't the 32-bit Java VM allow values of -Xmx up to 1.6 GB? (https://java2blog.com/could-not-reserve-enough-space-for-object-heap/)

More to the point, why is this happening for a game save file that's still in January 1942? The database isn't very big at all yet.

And why doesn't it happen with my other Tracker folder that is also playing the Allies, is in 1943, and uses -Xms512m -Xmx512m in its command line? Why wouldn't that one run out of heap space? It doesn't - it works fine.

When Tracker loads up, it's in the ~440-480MB range in my task manager. How does it not have enough space between 400M and the 1300M that I have been able to set the -Xmx on to load a turn? It makes zero sense.

Edit 2: I made a fresh folder, switched back to -Xms512m -Xmx512m (which I'd already tried and are the same parameters on my other functioning Trackers), and then loaded a fresh database. I then loaded the new turn. It worked. When I looked at how much RAM it was taking up, it was over 600MB. If the heap stack space is limited to 512MB... This makes no sense to me.

I've never been an expert at memory management. It could be related to how the program processes the data, so it could be situation-specific. I know the program is long overdue for a re-work to fix the load times, which could address this. But finding the time is a challenge.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6131
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/21/2021 7:09:28 PM   
actrade

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before in a 205 page thread, but I play on 2 computers at different locations so I copy/past my save file from WITP:AE on to a thumb drive to transport it back and forth. My question is, I use tracker and how would I make sure my tracker file doesn't get messed up? Should I just copy the entire folder (which is what I do with WITP:AE save folder), or are there specific files only that are needed?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6132
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/22/2021 7:30:17 PM   
floydg

The main thing would be the trackerdb files. And the witptracker.properties file. But the other files are fairly small in comparison, so copying everything wouldn't be a bad idea.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6133
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/24/2021 11:32:08 AM   
actrade

I must be dense. I started a new grand campaign and ran my first turn. Before I did that, I deleted all trackerdb files so it would pick up on my new game. I ran turn 1 in the game and saved the file. Now, when I run tracker I keep getting the "already loaded turn 2" message when I try and load the turn. I've deleted tracker completely and tried again and keep getting the same error. Odd thing is I've started a new GC before and did this with no issue. I know it's something stupid I'm doing, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Help!

EDIT: figured it out...initialized DB on turn 2 instead of 1..DOH!

< Message edited by actrade -- 12/24/2021 11:52:24 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6134
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/30/2021 10:53:00 AM   
actrade

Question on withdrawal reports. I noticed the tracker reports withdrawal alerts that are months or years away. Am I doing something wrong or is that normal? Thanks.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6135
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/30/2021 3:42:22 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: actrade

Question on withdrawal reports. I noticed the tracker reports withdrawal alerts that are months or years away. Am I doing something wrong or is that normal? Thanks.

Ship, AirGroup or LCU withdrawals?

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6136
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/30/2021 4:59:21 PM   
actrade

I hadn't noticed until you asked, but they're all air groups.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6137
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/30/2021 6:33:06 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: actrade

I hadn't noticed until you asked, but they're all air groups.

Ugh, the code there is a mess. I don't know how I did what I did, but it's not right depending on what the withdrawal date is.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6138
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/30/2021 9:56:20 PM   
actrade

Ok thanks...as long as I'm not going crazy :) BTW, despite any issues, as a new player I find your program invaluable and thank you so much for it!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6139
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 12/31/2021 7:37:40 PM   
the1henson

Question for anyone who knows: which regions definitions go with what scenarios/maps?

Also, can a new regions definitions file be read in/updated after one was previously loaded?

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6140
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/2/2022 3:01:51 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Edit to add:
Windows 10
Tracker version 1.10

java -showversion
java version "1.8.0_261"

Edit 2:

I've never been an expert at memory management. It could be related to how the program processes the data, so it could be situation-specific. I know the program is long overdue for a re-work to fix the load times, which could address this. But finding the time is a challenge.

What boggles my mind about it is that it appears specific only to this one folder on my desktop. I can (and did) make a copy and run that one, and it works. But that folder's copy doesn't.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6141
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/2/2022 2:08:08 PM   
azura987

Hi! I'm trying my best to get witptrack 1.11 running but don't succeed. My knowledge of JAVA Runtime and windows is not as good as some here, and I tried a lot of things :) This is the error message I get on the console, please help me !

quote:

C:\Users\claes\Downloads\witptracker>C:\jre6-Tracker\bin\java -Xms512m -Xmx640m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: witptracker/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: witptracker.Main. Program will exit.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 6142
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/2/2022 2:19:47 PM   
Zovs

Looks like your running the wrong Java version.

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 6143
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/2/2022 2:25:55 PM   
azura987

odd, I have tried with Java 6 32 bit... it's that one right?

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 6144
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/2/2022 7:22:07 PM   
Nomad

Hi Floyd, any idea what these error messages are about?

java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint $$: duplicate value(s) for column(s) $$: SYS_PK_59
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.Database.InsertRow(Database.java:54)
at witptracker.Base.UpdateBaseInDB(Base.java:640)
at witptracker.InMemoryDB.CompareBaseLists(InMemoryDB.java:1743)
at witptracker.ReadTurnTask.doInBackground(ReadTurnTask.java:91)
at witptracker.ReadTurnTask.doInBackground(ReadTurnTask.java:1)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=BaseObjects Values=(749,1,388,527,0,1,0,1,0)
-----------------------------------------------
java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint $$: duplicate value(s) for column(s) $$: SYS_PK_59
at witptracker.Base.UpdateBaseInDB(Base.java:640)
at witptracker.InMemoryDB.CompareBaseLists(InMemoryDB.java:1743)
at witptracker.ReadTurnTask.doInBackground(ReadTurnTask.java:91)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=BaseObjects Values=(749,2,388,519,0,1,0,1,0)
------------------------------------------------------
java.sql.SQLException: Numeric value out of range
at witptracker.Alert.InsertInTable(Alert.java:232)
at witptracker.Pilots.UpdatePilotInDB(Pilots.java:294)
at witptracker.InMemoryDB.ComparePilotLists(InMemoryDB.java:3338)
at witptracker.ReadTurnTask.doInBackground(ReadTurnTask.java:206)
Insert Error code = -65
Table=Alerts Values=(388,6,34199,12,0,1)

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/2/2022 7:24:27 PM >

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 6145
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/2/2022 9:26:35 PM   
Marc

Hi Floyd,

is it possible to adjust the font size of tracker?
The font size is quite small on my screen and adjusting it would be really great.

Anyway thank you for this extremly good tool.

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6146
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/9/2022 2:13:17 AM   
Nexira

I get a "unable to access jarfile witptracker.jar" error in the bat command prompt. No clue whats causing it, i have the right java and its linked to it, i have the memory, and ive double checked that i have downloaded everything it asks for on the tracker site. Anyone know what im doing wrong? (also running things in admin mode and what not)

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 6147
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/18/2022 6:56:46 PM   
Fraggo5

Thanks for the advice you gave to Zovs back in December Nomad , It helped me get WitPTracker working on my system.
Thanks

(in reply to Nexira)
Post #: 6148
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/19/2022 2:56:07 AM   
Nomad

I am glad I could help. I loved Squad Leader, played a lot of it many, many years ago.

(in reply to Fraggo5)
Post #: 6149
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! - 1/27/2022 5:04:43 PM   
Hano

Help needed with WitPTracker 1.11

Is there someone who can help me with this, I appreciate that a number have people have contributed with advice and suggestions, but I cant get WitPTracker to work

I have written out the steps I took following the steps in https://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/installation but cant get it to work.

Does anyone have the patience to spell out in the simplest terms what I'm doing wrong and how to get it to work.

If anyone can, I would really appreciate the help

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6150
Page:   <<   < prev  202 203 204 [205] 206   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available! Page: <<   < prev  202 203 204 [205] 206   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI