Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? - 1/17/2022 8:33:58 PM   
poddster

I haven't played the game since release, but I remember there being a full-screen option.

I saw someone on youtube do a longplay and I fancied replaying, so I've reinstalled it and now it seems like the game only runs in a window. If I choose my desktop screen size then the game runs in a borderless window that looks like full screen.

However what I want to do is choose a smaller resolution and play in that, as full-screen. I want that because I have trouble seeing the CC graphics on my monitor and so I want to zoom it in a bit.

If I can't do lower-res at full-screen, is there anything else I can do? I don't want to go changing my desktop DPI settings just for this game.
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? - 1/17/2022 10:35:08 PM   
Tejszd

Under Options / General make sure Framed Window is not selected and that the screen resolution is set to match your monitor resolution.

(in reply to poddster)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? - 1/18/2022 1:51:20 PM   
SteveMcClaire

In addition you can use the 'scale UI' and 'scale front end' options to upscale the game UI to 'full screen' size.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? - 1/18/2022 7:11:47 PM   
poddster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Under Options / General make sure Framed Window is not selected and that the screen resolution is set to match your monitor resolution.

As stated in the original message, I don't want to use my monitor resolution. I want to use a smaller resolution, but with a full-screen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveMcClaire

In addition you can use the 'scale UI' and 'scale front end' options to upscale the game UI to 'full screen' size.

Whilst I appreciate these options, and understand that Windows 10 removed FSE mode, they don't make the actual combat graphics bigger :( I'd ideally be able to specify the resolution the in-game rendering is done at, and also the resolution of the window.

I was hoping for some config option or something I could manually tweak?

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? - 1/18/2022 11:32:06 PM   
Tejszd

Sorry poddster, guilty of just reading your subject line....

You could lower your desktop resolution before starting CC and use either your monitor or video card drivers/software to expand the image full screen. CC would then be set to match the lower resolution and it would be expanded like the Windows desktop to fill the screen.

(in reply to poddster)
Post #: 5
RE: Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? - 1/18/2022 11:39:23 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: poddster
I was hoping for some config option or something I could manually tweak?

Unfortunately scaling the in-battle sprites (soldiers, vehicles, explosions, etc.) isn't possible in the older version of the Close Combat engine used in Last Stand Arnhem.

(in reply to poddster)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI